Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlos Quentin

Started by jbell96, April 12, 2013, 10:01:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbell96

Wow, what jerk. You charge the mound because you think Zack Grienke is throwing at you? It was a full count in the 6th inning, and you were the tying run, so I seriously doubt the guy was throwing at you. I normally don't agree with managers after situations like this, but I'm with Mattingly. Quentin should be out for as long as Grienke is. There was no need for that.

Normally I frown upon fighting, but I think Matt Kemp was justified with what he did in confronting Quentin. Dodgers likely aren't going anywhere without a healthy Grienke so it's understandable he reacted the way he did.

Ray Piggers

I live in Southern California, and my brother in law is a huge dodger fan. We watched it live last night. Crazy. Then the announcers said they turned right around and play again in LA on Monday. We bought tickets. We'll see what happens. Apparently there were fan fights in the stands as well.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

The Boar War

Quote from: jbell96 on April 12, 2013, 10:01:11 am
Wow, what jerk. You charge the mound because you think Zack Grienke is throwing at you? It was a full count in the 6th inning, and you were the tying run, so I seriously doubt the guy was throwing at you.

Are you sure?  I mean conventional wisdom says yes but this Greinke fellow isn't normal.

Quentin shouldn't have made a bench clearing brawl out of it but I can't say that Greinke didn't mean to hit him.

bsking

Greinke probably did mean to hit him.  Dude is a [CENSORED].  Probably the rudest pro I've encountered.

clutch

Quote from: bsking on April 13, 2013, 10:40:34 am
Greinke probably did mean to hit him.  Dude is a [CENSORED].  Probably the rudest pro I've encountered.

Bet he learned his lesson, even though I still think Quentin let him off easy. If I'm Quentin, and I'm charging the mound, I'm charging to beat some A**. He looked like he didn't really want to fight either once he got out there. Looked like they both just decided to bump shoulders and call it a day. Classic baseball fight, neither really wanted to fight once they got down to it. I think more baseball players should take lessons from Canada and Mexico national teams. If you're going to charge, throw some haymakers haha.

bsking

Quote from: clutch on April 13, 2013, 01:43:34 pm
Bet he learned his lesson, even though I still think Quentin let him off easy. If I'm Quentin, and I'm charging the mound, I'm charging to beat some A**. He looked like he didn't really want to fight either once he got out there. Looked like they both just decided to bump shoulders and call it a day. Classic baseball fight, neither really wanted to fight once they got down to it. I think more baseball players should take lessons from Canada and Mexico national teams. If you're going to charge, throw some haymakers haha.

Yeah.  Always reminds me of the Kyle Farnsworth/Paul Wilson fight.  If you're gonna go you better go hard.

jbell96

Farnsworth is not a man I would go at considering how hard he throws & that he has about 4% body fat. That was one of the best tackles I've ever seen by a baseball player.

jbell96

I've had time to think about it & my outrage towards Quentin has died down. He overreacted, but I'm not so sure about Grienke's intent anymore, I mean the guy did dog Chris Carpenter a couple of years ago for no reason, so yeah, enjoy your broken collarbone pal. ;)

Willyboy

Dodgers likely aren't going anywhere without a healthy Grienke so it's understandable he reacted the way he did.

And where do you think the Dodgers are going with Kemp batting .196? 

hook21

Quote from: clutch on April 13, 2013, 01:43:34 pm
Bet he learned his lesson, even though I still think Quentin let him off easy. If I'm Quentin, and I'm charging the mound, I'm charging to beat some A**. He looked like he didn't really want to fight either once he got out there. Looked like they both just decided to bump shoulders and call it a day. Classic baseball sport fight, neither really wanted to fight once they got down to it. I think more baseball players should take lessons from Canada and Mexico national teams. If you're going to charge, throw some haymakers haha.

I am sure he wanted to fight as well.

ChicoHog

Wow, what jerk. You charge the mound because you think Zack Grienke is throwing at you? It was a full count in the 6th inning, and you were the tying run, so I seriously doubt the guy was throwing at you. I normally don't agree with managers after situations like this, but I'm with Mattingly. Quentin should be out for as long as Grienke is. There was no need for that.

Normally I frown upon fighting, but I think Matt Kemp was justified with what he did in confronting Quentin. Dodgers likely aren't going anywhere without a healthy Grienke so it's understandable he reacted the way he did.

I'll admit I'm biased as a Dodger fan but I really think Quentin was wrong here.  He had no reason to hit him.  none, zero, zilch.  And what's ridiculous is the 8 game suspension.  Should have been much longer.  Of course the MLB player's union is the biggest problem.  They have way too much power and protect the wrong doers every time regardless if it's this or drugs or whatever.