Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Somebody quick! Please tell me why I should believe in Heath again

Started by Biggus Piggus, January 07, 2006, 09:19:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

undertaker

Dwight Houston Nutt turned our program around and brought us back into the National Spotlight, granted he has had two bad years, but he has been to six bowl games.  Heath has done nothing but bring shame to our Basketball Program, and tonight game proved it.

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on January 07, 2006, 09:41:42 pm
I guess we should just pack it up, and not play the rest of our schedule, right??  Come on guys, it was one game!  The season is not over, and we are still going to go to the NCAA tourney, IMO.  I watched the game and was screaming at the TV because of all the missed free throws.  My 12 year old son went to watch it in his room...told me I was making him frustrated.

But...I still believe that we are going to be ok this year!

The season can still be saved yes since it's so early.  Losing to a team who didn't have two of their best players is not a good start though.   :(

Kevin

they had a decent team last year.  just getting close does not cut it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

undertaker

What are u West Memphis Fan, a Motivational Speaker, Save that Crap for the Baskeball Players and Heath, they need it more than we do.

TuckFexas

Quote from: undertaker on January 07, 2006, 09:49:03 pm
Dwight Houston Nutt turned our program around and brought us back into the National Spotlight, granted he has had two bad years, but he has been to six bowl games. Heath has done nothing but bring shame to our Basketball Program, and tonight game proved it.

I'm pissed at Stan, but I wouldn't go that far. The shame was here before he stepped on campus. Tonight's game is still inexcusable though.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: undertaker on January 07, 2006, 09:45:43 pm
West Memphis what in the world could you have seen in the game tonight to make u believe that We are going to the Dance. Do you know who we lost to, thats like going on the road and losing to Arkansas Tech. That team is terrible, I tried to tell everyone in here, that u go on the road in the SEC and play bad for a half and expect to win. There are no positives from tonights game, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE DANCE THIS YEAR, AND HEATH WILL BE FIRED AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

And I will make sure that I save this post so I can remind you  of it.  The Razorbacks will be dancing this  year. Come on, are you really ready to QUIT after one SEC game???  I'm not.  Let's go hogs! 

I was very disappointed by  the game tonight.  There is no excuse not to make free throws.  But...it is still one game.  Let's get ready for the next one.  These guys deserve us to stay on the bandwagon!!  Again...it is not about the HC...it  is about being a Razorback and not giving up!!

ballhog™

I don't see evidence to say Heath can get it done here.  I hope I'm wrong, but I think the talent we have is much better and mistate.  Pitiful 3 point defense, half court offense, and transition defense.  If we can't fast break we have a hard time scoring.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on January 07, 2006, 09:50:01 pm
Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on January 07, 2006, 09:41:42 pm
I guess we should just pack it up, and not play the rest of our schedule, right?? Come on guys, it was one game! The season is not over, and we are still going to go to the NCAA tourney, IMO. I watched the game and was screaming at the TV because of all the missed free throws. My 12 year old son went to watch it in his room...told me I was making him frustrated.

But...I still believe that we are going to be ok this year!

The season can still be saved yes since it's so early. Losing to a team who didn't have two of their best players is not a good start though. :(

Oh, I agree with that 100%.  But I believe that we will still be ok!

Dwight Pettifogger

Stan Heath inherited a group of terrible players fought "bs racist claims" and an overall bad situation.  This is his year to make or break.  HDN has pulled stunts that should have gotten his butt canned oh yeah 5-6 & 4-7.
what went wrong?

TuckFexas

And another thing, why was the full court press so under utilized in this game? It seemed to work for us when we used it....
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: undertaker on January 07, 2006, 09:50:36 pm
What are u West Memphis Fan, a Motivational Speaker, Save that Crap for the Baskeball Players and Heath, they need it more than we do.

As a motivational speaker I would share a message with you about having a "positive attitude" even when things don't go the way you want them to!   ;D

ballhog™

Poor perfomance in football shouldn't excuse poor performance in basketball.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

undertaker

West Memphis have you heard me say that i am giving up.  NO.  I hope you are right.  I am just giving my opinion, and my opinion is that we won't make the dance judging by the way we have played so far this year.  Listen if we can't beat the crap out of A weak Miss St. team at best, then how in the world are we gonna make it into the dance,  the committee will look at that loss and it will hurt us, because of how bad that team is.  No excuse for tonight to happen, these are not Freshman that are playing.  Its just, well there is no excuse for it, and right or wrong it falls on the head coach.  West Memphis u know i am not a person that just jumps on the bankwagon when things are going bad.  I called this last year, and had the nerve to get on here last week and state my opinion that we weren't any better than last year,and i got Hammered.  But sometimes the Truth hurts, and the TRUTH IS THAT STAN HEATH IS IN OVER HIS HEAD. 

zortoes

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on January 07, 2006, 09:52:36 pm
Quote from: undertaker on January 07, 2006, 09:45:43 pm
West Memphis what in the world could you have seen in the game tonight to make u believe that We are going to the Dance. Do you know who we lost to, that's like going on the road and losing to Arkansas Tech. That team is terrible, I tried to tell everyone in here, that u go on the road in the SEC and play bad for a half and expect to win. There are no positives from tonights game, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE DANCE THIS YEAR, AND HEATH WILL BE FIRED AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

And I will make sure that I save this post so I can remind you of it. The Razorbacks will be dancing this year. Come on, are you really ready to QUIT after one SEC game??? I'm not. Let's go hogs!

I was very disappointed by the game tonight. There is no excuse not to make free throws. But...it is still one game. Let's get ready for the next one. These guys deserve us to stay on the bandwagon!! Again...it is not about the HC...it is about being a Razorback and not giving up!!

It's not that I'm stuck on this one game, but the fact that we've played to our opponent's level of competition so far this season.  We've squeaked by on a few games we should have won by a large margin and tonight we lost the game doing the same thing.  Maybe we can do this all season and win some we aren't supposed to win and only lose a few we are supposed to win.  Here's to hoping...

Flatfoot

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

undertaker

LIKE WHAT DWIGHT, TAKING US TO A BOWL HIS FIRST SIX SEASONS, EVEN THOUGH WE HADN'T BEEN BUT TO ONE IN THE PREVIOUS SIX OR SEVEN YEARS,  DON'T EVEN COMPARE NUTT TO HEATH BECAUSE THERE IS NONE.  NUTT OUTCLASSES HIM BY A MILE, HE HAD PROVEN HIMESELF, HEATH HASN'T EVEN COME CLOSE!!!!

Razorbrett

I hate to say it WestMemphis, but I gotta agree on this one.  For the second year straight, it seems like we peaked at the beginning of the year.  Everyone else seems to be improving, while were staying the same or worse.  With no movement in our halfcourt set, I just don't see things getting better.  All they gotta do to beat us is play zone defense for forty minutes.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: undertaker on January 07, 2006, 09:57:34 pm
West Memphis have you heard me say that i am giving up. NO. I hope you are right. I am just giving my opinion, and my opinion is that we won't make the dance judging by the way we have played so far this year. Listen if we can't beat the crap out of A weak Miss St. team at best, then how in the world are we gonna make it into the dance, the committee will look at that loss and it will hurt us, because of how bad that team is. No excuse for tonight to happen, these are not Freshman that are playing. Its just, well there is no excuse for it, and right or wrong it falls on the head coach. West Memphis u know i am not a person that just jumps on the bankwagon when things are going bad. I called this last year, and had the nerve to get on here last week and state my opinion that we weren't any better than last year,and i got Hammered. But sometimes the Truth hurts, and the TRUTH IS THAT STAN HEATH IS IN OVER HIS HEAD.

I believe you are wrong, and you are displaying the same attitude that many are showing towards HDN. 

If we had made that last second shot, you wouldn't have been happy.  If we had won by 20 you wouldn't have been happy! 

I have never said that Heath was the "right man for the job".  Nor have I ever disagreed that Heath was "over his head".  (Whatever the poop that means???)

I just believe it is ridiculous after one SEC game, on the road, to discount this year, and say we aren't going dancing.   You keep saying that MS is a "terrible" team.  I just don't agree with you that they are terrible.  Should we have won...YES.  Did we?  NO.  Does that mean the season is over?  NO.

I am not happy with where we are as a program, but I believe that we should keep believing and allowing this team to develop. 

IMO, we will be dancing come March!

undertaker

Billy here is the sad thing, we also had a chance to get him, but no, we can't hire someone associated with Nolan, because if he won, and judging by what he had done at UAB, he would have had us in the dance 2 or 3 times so far, then Frank By God Almight Broyes would look bad. 

zortoes

Quote from: billyhog on January 07, 2006, 10:03:52 pm

Would Anderson ever leave UAB to come and coach the Hogs. He would Kick Ass as Arkansas.

Is Arkansas still comparable to UAB in basketball... as far as respect goes?  I don't know if Anderson would want to leave what he has started down there.  Plus, he's proving a point.

undertaker

West Memphis what have we done this year to make u believe we can get into the tournament.  I mean it not like we lost to an Alabama, or Kentucky on the Road, we lost to Miss St.  and by the way go look at who they have lost to at home this year and maybe u will understand why I say that they are terrible at best. 

undertaker

Lets see west memphis, they lost to Northwestern State at Home, South Eastern Louisiana, and Akron, but hey thed did beat Arkansas ST.  LOL

Dwight Pettifogger

LOL!!!

why am I laughing?  Because you actually believe the crap that is coming out of your mouth!
what went wrong?

undertaker

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: undertaker on January 07, 2006, 10:05:49 pm
Billy here is the sad thing, we also had a chance to get him, but no, we can't hire someone associated with Nolan, because if he won, and judging by what he had done at UAB, he would have had us in the dance 2 or 3 times so far, then Frank By God Almight Broyes would look bad.

I don't care who comes to Arkansas, let them lose a game they shouldn't and many will be on his case.  Fa
Quote from: undertaker on January 07, 2006, 10:08:29 pm
West Memphis what have we done this year to make u believe we can get into the tournament. I mean it not like we lost to an Alabama, or Kentucky on the Road, we lost to Miss St. and by the way go look at who they have lost to at home this year and maybe u will understand why I say that they are terrible at best.

I know who they have played, and you know that has nothing to do with it.  We beat Kansas, and then Kansas beats Kentucky today by 27 points.  Does that mean we will beat Kentucky by 27?  I doubt it.  You can't compare schedules.  What I can compare is what I saw tonight.  Mississippi State will prove this year to be a very DECENT team.  Yes, we should have won.  We didn't...but we can deal with it!  It's not the end of the season...it is one game!  We aren't the first team this year that lost to a team that we should have beat. 

How many times during the NCAA tourney are our brackets messed up because someone that shouldn't have won does?  That's why you play the game.  I believe that we will now win a game that everyone is expecting us to lose.  We are going to be ok, and we will be dancing!

I believe that this team will improve and find a way, somehow, to win on the road in the SEC. 

hogfankb

West Memphis what have we done this year to make u believe we can get into the tournament. I mean it not like we lost to an Alabama, or Kentucky on the Road, we lost to Miss St. and by the way go look at who they have lost to at home this year and maybe u will understand why I say that they are terrible at best.

So Alabama would be a quality win now? They lost at home to Ole Miss today. It was one game on the road. We didn't shoot well. If we don't win 9 or 10 games this year in SEC play then yes we should probably start looking for a new coach. Until 9 or 10 wins is mathmatically impossible I will back this team and keep thinking we are an NCAA Tourny team and are moving in the right direction.

undertaker

West Memphis I hope you are right, I'm rooting for them, I really am.  One thing I will say about u West Memphis is that have an undying loyalty toward your hogs.  And thats a good thing.  I bet there is one thing we agree on and that one of the Best Coaches in America, Houston Nutt.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: hogfankb on January 07, 2006, 10:16:35 pm

So Alabama would be a quality win now? They lost at home to Ole Miss today. It was one game on the road. We didn't shoot well. If we don't win 9 or 10 games this year in SEC play then yes we should probably start looking for a new coach. Until 9 or 10 wins is mathmatically impossible I will back this team and keep thinking we are an NCAA Tourny team and are moving in the right direction.

I agree with you hogfankb. If we do not win 9 SEC games and make it to the dance, then I will bid Heath farewell!  Until then...go hogs!! WPS

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: undertaker on January 07, 2006, 10:17:36 pm
West Memphis I hope you are right, I'm rooting for them, I really am. One thing I will say about u West Memphis is that have an undying loyalty toward your hogs. And thats a good thing. I bet there is one thing we agree on and that one of the Best Coaches in America, Houston Nutt.

On that we can agree!! ;D

WestMemphisHogFan

We need to bet on something and if I win WM you wear a FIRE NUTT shirt to first football game next year and if you win I wear a I'M A HUGGER shirt..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 07, 2006, 10:29:20 pm
We need to bet on something and if I win WM you wear a FIRE NUTT shirt to first football game next year and if you win I wear a I'M A HUGGER shirt..

That sounds great!!  How about betting that Arkansas will be dancing in March??  I haven't read your thoughts on the roundballers...what do you think?

pfrg999

the bad thing is no one is on there a$$....... Heath is a GREAT recruiter but as a coach......
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Lanny

Quote from: Big Gus Pig Gus on January 07, 2006, 09:19:04 pm
I keep forgetting.

I refuse to watch a Heath coached team play a conference road game.  It's a sure bet who wins.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Knot2brite

Lets see...we couldnt make a FT to save our asses, we shot some of the dumbest shots in the world at times then passed up wide open shots to get better shots, one of our so called low posts threats makes absolutely no points whatsoever, one of our scorers just disappeared in the last ten minutes of the game, and we were playing in a place that even the team that won the national championship game could not win in. Yep lets fire Heath...you betcha....hell lets get one of the resident morons to coach the team because I am sure that they play that there NCAA college hoops on the xbox and they win a national championship every year on there. I would love to see some of the teams that you guys would coach. Heath is going to win 20 this year and be the coach next year. If he doesnt go to the big dance this year, there is a major reason for heat on his butt. I still think that they will win the West or at least have a double digit win total in the SEC. Alabama lost to Ole Piss today and Kentucky got their asses handed to them. Florida is the team to beat right now and we have them at home. Lets not shoot the coach just yet with all this season we have left. Hell I bet some of you will bitch this year if DVH loses a weekend series in the SEC.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

weevilhogg

This team cannot play against a zone.  Is it poor coaching?  Is it the player's fault for no executing?  Who knows?

Brewer had a nice game, but dangit, he needs to step inside the 3 point arc.  When he cuts the high post, he's at his best.

One little message:  block someone out for cryin' out loud.  Oh, and like Knot said, make some freakin' free throws.

Guys, it was so painful to watch this game in person.   Everything MSU threw up seemed to work out for them.  Couple that with us playing a piss poor game and you get what you saw.

I think what made me the madest was with about 10 mins left in the 2nd half, MSU was wore slap out.  My first call would have been a full court press.  When Heath did it, it worked perfectly, but for whatever reason he'd back off the press.  MSU was tired and Heath didn't expose that weakness.   

Kudos to Steven Hill for being more active on the offensive side.  I'd still like to see him do a little better with his drive defense and rebounding, but I guess he's still young.

McGowan got some early minutes and looked okay --- seems to have a nice soft jumper.  He was a bit raw on defense, however.

I wish I knew why McCurdy got so few minutes.

I wish I knew why Townes played like a bag of monkey nuts --- 5 dumb fouls and ZERO points.  Amazing.

The best news is that this is only one game.  One loss.  Put it behind us and play the next 15.

Oh my!

bigred7987

Can Thomas shoot the three because he didn't look bad shooting that one at the end that almost went down

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////