Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would the point spread be if UA played A-State this weekend?

Started by Michael D Huff AIA, October 26, 2017, 09:22:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 26, 2017, 10:07:43 am
It would be pretty close. I would say -3 or maybe -3.5 Hogs.

If we would've been playing the Red Wolves last Thursday night instead of Layfayette I'm 99% certain we would've lost. They were clicking on all cylinders. Years like this are exactly why Frank Broyles set us up never to play them.

Get some education.  Youre worse than the wolfins that say it's a "Frank" deal, because you're a hog fan.

That predates Broyles. John Barnhill established it.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Sweet Feet

jkstock04

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 26, 2017, 02:01:31 pm
Get some education.  Youre worse than the wolfins that say it's a "Frank" deal, because you're a hog fan.

That predates Broyles. John Barnhill established it.
Fair enough...I had never heard of the anti playing Arkansas state stuff before Broyles. I don't claim to be a Razorback historian. Pre 1960 I am not schooled on Razorback football.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Piggfoot

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2017, 01:50:19 pm
Lol. No, they wouldn't.

Again. Lol. Gonna need a seriously legit link for that one. I'm seeing Ole Miss -3 to -4.
Estimate is from the Dunkel Index. I didn't read it correctly.
Ole miss power ranking 88.17, Ark St.84.10, Arkansas 78.65
Arkansas+ 5.45 vs Ark state
Arkansas + 9.52
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

RME

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 26, 2017, 02:22:13 pm

Estimate is from the Dunkel Index. As good as most estimates.

Final score estimates and betting spreads aren't the same thing.

Dunkel Pick: Mississippi
(-3 1/2); Over

Why does Dunkel set its own line then use the Vegas line to pick?

MountieDawg

Quote from: Dropkick on October 26, 2017, 11:32:18 am
ASU would not be favored. They haven't beaten a P5 team in ages. For all their chest thumping they have beaten only 2 teams in over 2 years that finished with a winning record. They feast on the dregs of the Sun Belt.

That being said they are probably closer to Arkansas in terms of talent than they ever have been.

They are both have 1 win and  6 losses in their last 7 games with SEC teams... Hogs played many of those at home, ASU all on the road... Hogs average losses were by 22 points, ASU's average losses were by 27 points...   Athletic budgets are like comparing  the budget of Amazon and  the Catfish Hole.  That being said anything less than 7 would get a lot of money on the HOGS... I think Vegas would make the spread Hogs -8.5 which would let them move it up above 10 if money went on the Hogs heavy and down to 7 if the bettors were putting money on ASU.
SEC!

ricepig

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 26, 2017, 04:23:55 pm
They are both have 1 win and  6 losses in their last 7 games with SEC teams... Hogs played many of those at home, ASU all on the road... Hogs average losses were by 22 points, ASU's average losses were by 27 points...   Athletic budgets are like comparing  the budget of Amazon and  the Catfish Hole.  That being said anything less than 7 would get a lot of money on the HOGS... I think Vegas would make the spread Hogs -8.5 which would let them move it up above 10 if money went on the Hogs heavy and down to 7 if the bettors were putting money on ASU.

They did play Missouri in Jonesboro and lose, fwiw.

Cotton

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2017, 04:35:40 pm
They did play Missouri in Jonesboro and lose, fwiw.
That was a damn good game too. ASU led at half and lost their starting QB, ended up losing 27-20.

Were you at that game Rice?
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

ricepig

Quote from: Cotton on October 26, 2017, 04:41:07 pm
That was a damn good game too. ASU led at half and lost their starting QB, ended up losing 27-20.

Were you at that game Rice?

Nah, I haven't been to a game in awhile.

Cotton

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2017, 04:51:01 pm
Nah, I haven't been to a game in awhile.
Me either.  Would probably go to some of those bigger games but I've been out of the area for awhile. 
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Ex-Trumpet

Don't know about the spread, but Hogs would be up 24-0 at half and lose 35-24.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ipigsooie

No way, thats like saying that the Oklahoma Sooners would beat the Cleveland browns

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,