Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

beth mowins

Started by Kevin, September 11, 2017, 04:33:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

will be doing the play by play for tonights broncos/chargers game. wow
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on September 11, 2017, 04:33:42 pm

Probably get our game in Dallas......

Uncle Remus

My feelings for her have absolutely nothing to do with gender...she is absolutely terrible and is being given this platform because of her gender.  She is not a good announcer and the last game I heard her call was riddled with mistakes and anticipating calls rather than letting officials do their jobs.  I for one will not be tuning in to listen to her and may just have to turn the volume down.  Please no Razorback games this year!

Hog-Corleone

To be fair, when ESPN interviewed her, it was over the phone, and they thought they were talking to Marv Albert...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Sed76

Would rather listen to Vern Lundquist chuckle and say Lutzenkirken for 12 straight hours than sit through a 3 hour game Beth Mowins calls.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Sed76 on September 11, 2017, 04:56:14 pm
Would rather listen to Vern Lundquist chuckle and say Lutzenkirken for 12 straight hours than sit through a 3 hour game Beth Mowins calls.

Lol.

Spot on.

She should be calling the Greenland Curling Championship......prelims.
This is my non-signature signature.

The Boar War

Maybe someone could find a Confederate General named Beth Mowins.

ImHogginIt

She actually calls a good game but that nasally Yankee voice is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

Hogimus Prime

She is bad.  ESPN's booth talent had gone down the drain before their layoffs, now even worse.

Hawgphish

and carl lewis is singing the national anthem.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Sed76 on September 11, 2017, 04:56:14 pm
No, I'd rather listen to Brad Nessler speak about some guy who played tight end for us a few years back called Travis Henry. If I'm not mistaken, that's the illegitimate son of Hunter Henry.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Ex-Trumpet

Well that's past my bedtime, so...

I get up with the chickens.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

WayneHawg

Rex Ryan is helping her! So there's that

Quote from: Uncle Remus on September 11, 2017, 04:39:59 pm
My feelings for her have absolutely nothing to do with gender...she is absolutely terrible and is being given this platform because of her gender.  She is not a good announcer and the last game I heard her call was riddled with mistakes and anticipating calls rather than letting officials do their jobs.  I for one will not be tuning in to listen to her and may just have to turn the volume down.  Please no Razorback games this year!
Brad Nessler made a ton of mistakes Saturday. Surprisingly so.

BOAR_N2BWILD

This is awful. I hate listening to her. I have muted the tv and just watching.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

sowmonella

I'm watching on ESPNH2. It's in Spanish but it's better than Beth.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: sowmonella on September 11, 2017, 10:29:44 pm
I'm watching on ESPNH2. It's in Spanish but it's better than Beth.

Brilliant. I can work on my Spanish on H2 or maybe my Hungarian on the Ocho
This is my non-signature signature.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 11, 2017, 10:30:51 pm
Brilliant. I can work on my Spanish on H2 or maybe my Hungarian on the Ocho

Sergio worked on his English.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

mizzouman

Like I've said before. You'll see more women doing sports because it's cheaper.

sowmonella

She's got the knowledge.  Her voice inflections sound like a 60's or 70's AM disc jockey. I;m expecting to hear her promising stacks and stacks of red hot wax after the commercial.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

mizzouman

This will sound sexist but I just don't care for women sports broadcasters.  I just don't.  I will immediately change the channel.  But that's just me.  Nothing against her and more power to her.  But for me, I won't watch. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: mizzouman on September 11, 2017, 10:41:07 pm
Like I've said before. You'll see more women doing sports because it's cheaper.

Might go over some heads but that's funny!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

3kgthog

I'm sure ESPN's inbox was full of love this morning.

DeltaBoy

She is horrible.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

STLhawg

Quote from: WayneHawg on September 11, 2017, 09:23:43 pm
Rex Ryan is helping her! So there's that
I had the second half of the game on (while doing other things) and boy oh boy were those two horrible!  ESPN needs to let someone else do MNF if they cannot get better announcers.

jkstock04

Quote from: mizzouman on September 12, 2017, 07:57:45 am
This will sound sexist but I just don't care for women sports broadcasters.  I just don't.  I will immediately change the channel.  But that's just me.  Nothing against her and more power to her.  But for me, I won't watch. 
Of course you don't. 99.9% of "football guys" wouldn't care for it. I disagree with you though...I don't think it has anything to do with it being cheaper. This is a progressive thing...which is the road ESPN has taken these days.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

mizzouman

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 12, 2017, 08:06:54 am
She is horrible.
I saw about 3 minutes and turned off the sound.  I left the game on because I wanted to watch a particular player otherwise I would went to bed early. 

However, if you follow some fellow sports personalities on Twitter, they love her.  But again, they will love any of their brethren no matter how bad they are.

Redhogs

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 12, 2017, 08:06:15 am
I'm sure ESPN's inbox was full of love this morning.
Yep...and they are firing up her jet for dallas.  :) :) :)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

NaturalStateReb

I don't hate Beth Mowins or the idea of women calling a game.  What I hate is ESPN's instance that any female game announcer sound like she could have been on the East German wrestling team. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hoggish1

I've said it many times before but I will not watch a game with the sound on when she's doing it.  ESPN doesn't care...

mizzouman

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 12, 2017, 08:09:50 am
Of course you don't. 99.9% of "football guys" wouldn't care for it. I disagree with you though...I don't think it has anything to do with it being cheaper. This is a progressive thing...which is the road ESPN has taken these days.
You might be right about progressive but I think part of the progressive movement is throwing away great talent and replacing them with cheaper talent.  And let's face it, women are cheaper.  It's wrong but they are and that's the reality of it.  Sports networks are losing money and need to cut where they can.  Unfortunately, they are cutting the exact thing that brings viewers to the TV set....on air talent.

mizzouman

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 12, 2017, 08:25:25 am
I've said it many times before but I will not watch a game with the sound on when she's doing it.  ESPN doesn't care...
No they don't as long as the game is ON YOUR TV.  They don't care if the sound is on or off. 

hogsanity

Yet ESPN is not calling any of you broadcast experts to work games for them.....................

Think about it from ESPN's perspective. They have enough issues without having to ear about how they do not have any female pbp on the biggest leagues, so they give her a NFL game and some mid level college games. They have a female color analyst on MLB games, and some females working various aspects of the NBA. So they have shut down one avenue where they could be attacked as sexist.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jackrabbit Hog

I wonder if Rex sucked her toes and gave her a foot massage during the broadcast?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: Kevin on September 11, 2017, 04:33:42 pm
Well I pulled the plug on the NFL recently due to the players using their platform to become political activists. That actually was just the last straw for me. The political correctness that the NFL and ESPN has decided to go "all in" with just makes me sick and has taken the fun out of the game for me. I want to watch football to get away from all that stuff. I don't miss it and surprisingly, my quality of life has improved...

threeNout

I've always tended to turn the announcers down on TV, I just want to see it.

The only exception was Dave Rowe on the old Jefferson Pilot broadcast, because when he got excited about something he could be hilarious, his descriptions of an O-lineman getting a pancake block were pure gold.

Kevin

last night's game had aj derby, hunter henry, darius philon so I watched
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 12, 2017, 08:50:21 am
I wonder if Rex sucked her toes and gave her a foot massage during the broadcast?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Kevin on September 12, 2017, 08:59:25 am
last night's game had aj derby, hunter henry, darius philon so I watched

Derby has his name called what seemed to be as much as Henry!  He didn't disappoint t

Razorbackers

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 12, 2017, 08:14:32 am
I don't hate Beth Mowins or the idea of women calling a game.  What I hate is ESPN's instance that any female game announcer sound like she could have been on the East German wrestling team.

Well if she had a more high pitch cadence to her voice everyone here would say she is shrill.

DoctorSusscrofa

I support Beth Mowins and I'll watch games she calls.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

sickboy

You guys started a thread to bitch about Beth Mowins calling an NFL game?