Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo Mattingly says the new coach will be announced this weekend

Started by hawgmania, November 20, 2012, 06:17:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

silverandbluedc

Quote from: regi on November 20, 2012, 07:01:05 pm
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/238/class/2013

Of these 9, only one from Tennessee. Franklin is recruiting Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and places like California and New Jersey. Pretty impressive.

Oliver

Quote from: regi on November 20, 2012, 07:08:07 pm
So your the guy that moves the goalposts when someone crosses them, typical

Says the guy that quoted the recruiting site that best supported his agenda

LZH

Quote from: silverandbluedc on November 20, 2012, 07:10:46 pm
Of these 9, only one from Tennessee. Franklin is recruiting Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and places like California and New Jersey. Pretty impressive.

And all of ours are homeboys.

nextlevel

Quote from: silverandbluedc on November 20, 2012, 07:10:46 pm

But its not, Vandy recruits itself.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Pork Twain

Quote from: Piggie on November 20, 2012, 06:20:06 pm
Sounds to me like it may be James Franklin then. Their last regular season game is Saturday. Gosh, I hope it's not him. Blah!
I think that is true of all NCAA  coaches
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawgmania

According to Trey Biddy PP shook the media's hand after interviews thanked them for being good to him at his time at the UofA
Kevin Burnett
Sherwood, AR

nextlevel

Quote from: Oliver on November 20, 2012, 07:10:37 pm
You've got your answer.  The same number that "the superior coach" Franklin has

How many years of head coaching experience did Gruden have before he washed out of the NFL? I know he's been unemployed for 5 years now.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Side note: looking at Vandy's class, the QB they have committed has offers from Bama, UGA, ect.. Not bad for Vandy.
ched come back pls

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LZH

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 20, 2012, 07:15:27 pm
I want Franklin as a last option, not the first option

I agree with this, but Franklin WILL be one helluva coach one day for someone.

regi

Quote from: Oliver on November 20, 2012, 07:12:08 pm
Says the guy that quoted the recruiting site that best supported his agenda

It is correct, and Brock Huard used those rankings, since he works for ESPN. Huard started the 9 (4 star) talk.

Oliver

Quote from: nextlevel on November 20, 2012, 07:14:15 pm
How many years of head coaching experience did Gruden have before he washed out of the NFL? I know he's been unemployed for 5 years now.

You've got wikipedia.

Franklin has even reached a level that would later qualify him as washed out should he never win a game again

BartIV

GalaHawg

Why is everyone assuming it's Franklin - last I checked Vandy is supposed to play in a bowl game - so his season is not over yet either just like Gundy and Patterson.

A new hire announcement on Saturday sounds like someone who is not coaching currently - a la Gruden, Butch Davis, Cowher, Mangini, Dungy, etc. or it's the announcement for not extending the contracts of current staff and not much about the hire.

Oliver

Quote from: regi on November 20, 2012, 07:19:39 pm
It is correct, and Brock Huard used those rankings, since he works for ESPN. Huard started the 9 (4 star) talk.

So it's fine to use one particular recruiting site to support your agenda, but to use multiple recruiting sites to support your agenda is being biased.

Gotcha.  More sound logic

Snouty

Whatever happened to Patterson, Peterson, Sonny Dykes, Charley Strong, Mike Gundy, Tommy Tubberville, and the other usual suspects?

LZH

Quote from: GalaHawg on November 20, 2012, 07:22:50 pm
Why is everyone assuming it's Franklin - last I checked Vandy is supposed to play in a bowl game - so his season is not over yet either just like Gundy and Patterson.

A new hire announcement on Saturday sounds like someone who is not coaching currently - a la Gruden, Butch Davis, Cowher, Mangini, Dungy, etc. or it's the announcement for not extending the contracts of current staff and not much about the hire.

Bowl games matter little to a coaches' new school (and most of the time to the new coaches themselves).  With the amount of $$$ thrown around these days, most schools are gonna want to announce their new coach ASAP.  A few may choose to coach the bowl game as a 'farewell', but not many, I'd guess.

BartIV

Quote from: Snouty on November 20, 2012, 07:24:29 pm
Whatever happened to Patterson, Peterson, Sonny Dykes, Charley Strong, Mike Gundy, Tommy Tubberville, and the other usual suspects?
This.
Franklin sounds like a last ditch effort hire.

arkansasbred

Ok, I don't know what i missed in the two hours since I checked hogville but where is all of the Franklin talk coming from?

oldhawg

AY YI YI !!  My head hurts.

The next hire will be a current or former pro coach.

hawgmania

Franklin is speculation started out as Bo said coach will be announced this weekend.
Kevin Burnett
Sherwood, AR

regi

Quote from: Oliver on November 20, 2012, 07:23:17 pm
So it's fine to use one particular recruiting site to support your agenda, but to use multiple recruiting sites to support your agenda is being biased.

Gotcha.  More sound logic

Okay, goalpost mover. It is correct, you jumped with both feet on the others. Yet somehow ESPN rankings are black magic. Just say you were wrong, it is not that hard for most adults.

jasperhawg

Gruden's record was 45-51 after riding Tony Dungy's team to a Super Bowl victory. No playoff victories (0-2) over the next six years.  I do not understand why people are so worked up about this guy.

nextlevel

Quote from: jasperhawg on November 20, 2012, 07:53:57 pm
Gruden's record was 45-51 after riding Tony Dungy's team to a Super Bowl victory. No playoff victories (0-2) over the next six years.  I do not understand why people are so worked up about this guy.

Because recruits who were 4-7 years old when he won that super bowl ring with Dungy's team will all wanto play for him.

ell oh ell

murthage

Quote from: regi on November 20, 2012, 07:01:05 pm
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/238/class/2013

<<<< this >>>>   Hmmmmmmmmm.... now what are the "experts" going to say???
+ 1 for you also.  I love it when someone is able to fight the negativity by shoving it in, and then twisting it just a little.

HoggyCat

Quote from: murthage on November 20, 2012, 09:09:39 pm
<<<< this >>>>   Hmmmmmmmmm.... now what are the "experts" going to say???
+ 1 for you also.  I love it when someone is able to fight the negativity by shoving it in, and then twisting it just a little.

Shove this

http://rivals.yahoo.com/vanderbilt/football/recruiting/commitments/2013

And this

http://vanderbilt.scout.com/a.z?s=189&p=9&c=8&yr=2013
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rzrbackrob

Franklin is a hire that could have been made in April.
Might be considered a good hire considering the circumstances. At least the Hogs would be bowling and recruiting would be on track right now.
But after all that has been endured the last 9 months, hiring Franklin now would be disappointing.

Good is the enemy of great

hawgmania

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 20, 2012, 09:37:02 pm
Shove this

http://rivals.yahoo.com/vanderbilt/football/recruiting/commitments/2013

And this

http://vanderbilt.scout.com/a.z?s=189&p=9&c=8&yr=2013
If you will look at 2012 class there are three four stars and one from 2009. So even you don't like the espn info so he has been doing a fairly good job.  I ask how many four stars did we get in the last three years?
Kevin Burnett
Sherwood, AR

JohnWesleyHogdin

So everyone is thinking Franklin because...of what Chris Low said to Bo earlier?

rzrbk4life

Quote from: JohnWesleyHogdin on November 20, 2012, 10:53:51 pm
So everyone is thinking Franklin because...of what Chris Low said to Bo earlier?

Yea I think so. I'm not buying it yet. I'm not getting my hopes up or down until the official presser comes out on the new HC. After witnessing the DGB fiasco and Gruden coming before JLS it makes me wonder if anyone on here has any "real" sources. 
Let's call those hogs!!!!

HawgAlude

I do not know everything but I would be willing to bet that it is an announcement thanking the interim coaches for all their hard work, yada yada yada and that a new search for the next head coach in under way.

If that is the case someone should stick their foot right up J Long's sorry arse.

Spider-Pig

It's like people have never seen a Jeff Long coaching search before

nextlevel

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: Spider-Pig on November 20, 2012, 11:14:28 pm
It's like people have never seen a Jeff Long coaching search before

They have only had two opportunities, fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice......never fool me again....W.

ell oh ell

Danny J

Quote from: JohnWesleyHogdin on November 20, 2012, 10:53:51 pm
I believe he is being mentioned as a back up plan. I still get a feeling it could be Davis despite what some people keep saying.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on November 20, 2012, 11:18:43 pm
I believe he is being mentioned as a back up plan. I still get a feeling it could be Davis despite what some people keep saying.
I'm doubting Davis b/c of Pork ruling him out but Davis would in fact make sense for a weekend announcement.

I'm one that wouldn't be angry about waiting this long on Davis. It would indicate to me that Long wanted to take a run at others (Patterson, Gundy et al) and then fell back on BD

Danny J

Quote from: Clay (helmuthjr21) C on November 20, 2012, 11:22:21 pm
I'm doubting Davis b/c of Pork ruling him out but Davis would in fact make sense for a weekend announcement.

I'm one that wouldn't be angry about waiting this long on Davis. It would indicate to me that Long wanted to take a run at others (Patterson, Gundy et al) and then fell back on BD
I would be angry as well in regards to waiting so long. You never know though. I would love to have Butch.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on November 20, 2012, 11:18:43 pm

Franklin better be a backup to the backup to the backup to the backup to the backup to the backup.........
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hawginj

VolMax

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 20, 2012, 06:28:24 pm
Haven't agreed with you much of all over the whole coaching search/Jeff Long thing, but I'm 100% with you here.

A Franklin hire would be a slap in the face to all fans in terms of where we thought we were as a program. I could convince myself to support him and find positives, but I reeeeeally don't want to have to do that.

So what's y'all's problem with Franklin?

If he weren't Vandy's coach, I would think he would make a good hire for us.  We can't get over the instate thing...can't see why it matters so much to you guys.

The problem is, somebody's going to hire him and hopefully it won't be somebody we have to play every year.  We are down yet I don't fear him long term at Vandy.

hoghiker

Quote from: hawgmania on November 20, 2012, 06:30:57 pm
But with JL signing his extension and raise don't you think that the BOT are happy with his man?
There is this thinking, but what if the opposite is true. Some folks really like Long and they want him around awhile. He hires a gomer and slides back into his office  with the Long Haul. Safe because of contractual obligations recently signed.