Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Broyles

Started by Seminole Indian, August 14, 2017, 05:58:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

While his accomplishments and impact in sports, will probably be the focus of the media, his impact in Arkansas went far beyond that, and in many ways he was the face of Arkansas for a very long time.

He represented his adopted state very well, and his passing touches everyone in Arkansas.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Better not post that on the ASU board, that attitude wouldn't fit in very well.

Seminole Indian

That's their problem.

Probably would not be FBS unless the SEC stepped in to insure their conference stayed afloat, and and Broyles & Company did their part by keeping ULM afloat.

Like their Commissioner said the SEC pays the light bills, and without them the lights would have probably gone out.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

HogCzar1

Quote from: ricepig on August 15, 2017, 01:03:30 pm
Better not post that on the ASU board, that attitude wouldn't fit in very well.

Seminole's statement was very good. I went by the Arkansas State board just to see some of the statements. I was not surprised at some of the hatred, or lack of civility. I know some ASU die hard supporters who have been really disappointed in some of their behavior over there.