Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WTH Happened?!?

Started by cmakrzrbak, March 13, 2005, 08:02:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cmakrzrbak

After going through the motions, trying to forget about the last two weeks, I cant help but wonder what happened to our team.  Did the LSU robbery take away that much dignity?  Did the Kentucky debacle lead to the endless scoring droughts that plagued the team late in the season.  If you look at the close losses, it comes down to coaching.  Teams stay in games with talent and will, teams win games on the backs of their leaders, on the court and off.  Without any injuries, this team regressed over the season, and it isn't due to a weak early season schedule.  Something was going on in the lockeroom after the close losses.  We've heard the chemistry problem portrayed countless times, but I wouldn't be suprised if there were'nt yelling matches or shoving in the room this year.  How else can you explain coming out so flat against MSU in Starkville or SC?  We really dont suck.  I truly belieive this.  We just fell apart, but we shouldn't throw in the towel after two double-digit losses to sub-.500 teams.  We should try and right the ship and go into the off-season with some sort of positive outlook.  Anyone actually feel like we would lose our first round game?  Our coaches and administration failed our players, plain and simple.  They wanted to play in the postseason and they took that away from them.  I dont think any explaination by Heath satisfied the players that they couldn't accept the next challenge.  He robbed his team and the true fans of the first postseason in too long for this program, no matter how insignificant it is nor what reprecussions it would have if he lost to UALR (if the matchup occured).  I really believed in Heath, but no quitter can ever be a true winner.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

pioneerhog

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on March 13, 2005, 08:02:12 pm
After going through the motions, trying to forget about the last two weeks, I cant help but wonder what happened to our team. Did the LSU robbery take away that much dignity? Did the Kentucky debacle lead to the endless scoring droughts that plagued the team late in the season. If you look at the close losses, it comes down to coaching. Teams stay in games with talent and will, teams win games on the backs of their leaders, on the court and off. Without any injuries, this team regressed over the season, and it isn't due to a weak early season schedule. Something was going on in the lockeroom after the close losses. We've heard the chemistry problem portrayed countless times, but I wouldn't be suprised if there were'nt yelling matches or shoving in the room this year. How else can you explain coming out so flat against MSU in Starkville or SC? We really dont suck. I truly belieive this. We just fell apart, but we shouldn't throw in the towel after two double-digit losses to sub-.500 teams. We should try and right the ship and go into the off-season with some sort of positive outlook. Anyone actually feel like we would lose our first round game? Our coaches and administration failed our players, plain and simple. They wanted to play in the postseason and they took that away from them. I dont think any explaination by Heath satisfied the players that they couldn't accept the next challenge. He robbed his team and the true fans of the first postseason in too long for this program, no matter how insignificant it is nor what reprecussions it would have if he lost to UALR (if the matchup occured). I really believed in Heath, but no quitter can ever be a true winner.
Good post there, I agree with him on most of it. He brought up some good questions and made some very good points.