Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another truism I just discovered.

Started by PigPusher, March 13, 2005, 05:03:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigPusher

You know you are getting old when strangers raise their voices when addressing you. 
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

PigPusher

March 13, 2005, 06:43:22 pm #1 Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 06:46:16 pm by PigPusher
You can also be told to find a chair out of the way set down in it and don't speak as it is time to be ignored.  :) :) :) As Dick Vitale would say, "If your luck baby it will happen to all of you chaps."

71 to go and come on Spring football.........You know it is going to be like watching a different team in a lot of respects. Look in the mirror and see if you can see anything different.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

PigMan

Hay PP are you telling us you are feeling over the hill?  Sense you may be down a little.  Don't be bro as it requires all class and age to make this old world go around.  I will remember though not to raise my voice to you if we ever meet.  :) :)  Chin up buddy...

PigPusher

March 13, 2005, 08:32:11 pm #3 Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 08:34:04 pm by PigPusher
Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on March 13, 2005, 07:51:58 pm
PigPusher, age is a state of mind. Don't mind the young whippersnappers.......... they are just inexperienced and green!! Isn't Marshall close to Mtn. Home? Just moved to Mtn. Home a few months ago and I seem to recall seeing the signs to Marshall when traveling to Harrison....

I am not down. Found the raised voice rather amusing and culturally interesting at the same time. I might add this person was in her teens so anyone over thirty would look old to her. But just think about it for a moment. This person had in their mind that old equates with hearing difficulties so talk louder so you can be understood. :) I told her to talk softer as I could hear her little (squeaky) voice just fine.

Yes Mountain Home is close to Marshall.

PigMan

Those of us that were born and grew up in Arkansas consider it God's country.  When I had to move due to my job for years I would often drive back  just to get my sole rejuvenated.  Still miss it.