Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally may be right about Heath in today's column.

Started by g.lynn, March 13, 2005, 11:00:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

g.lynn

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

Arkapigdiesel

Wally hit the nail squarely on the head.  Great column.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Boarcephus

"He's not going to make it.  He's not tough enough."  Was Todd Day a prophet or what?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Anon2

Did you notice that when Wally mentioned the tough coaches he just said the coach at Texas Tech?  Think he and Wally had some words while he was at Indiana.

Fletch

When we start agreeing with Wally Hall we really have hit rock bottom. ;D
I feel like $100

PerryHog

Wally pulled that whole story right off this board, except for the Day quote. All that crap has been discussed for some time right here.

Pigonometry

Quote from: PerryHog on March 13, 2005, 01:19:23 pm
Wally pulled that whole story right off this board, except for the Day quote. All that crap has been discussed for some time right here.

I'd believe that.  The only original idea that Wally ever comes up with are those stupid similes that he come up with.....
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

Fatty McGee

When Todd "I quit the team for a game because I wasn't getting enough PT" Day is who you turn to for a quote about toughness, your article starts out in the hole.  And Wally's writing skills sure aren't going to dig it out.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Boarcephus

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 13, 2005, 05:34:01 pm
When Todd "I quit the team for a game because I wasn't getting enough PT" Day is who you turn to for a quote about toughness, your article starts out in the hole. And Wally's writing skills sure aren't going to dig it out.

Great point!!   Not that Todd might be wrong but Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: g.lynn on March 13, 2005, 11:00:59 am
http://www.nwanews.com/story.php?paper=adg§ion=Sports&storyid=110560

Not that it matters but Wally should know, since they are in the Sun Belt, that it is the University of North Texas now. I guess tomorrow, we'll get a column about the tournament going on at State Teachers College in Conway.