Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 2 - Hogs vs Flames - 3/12/05

Started by artyhog, March 12, 2005, 11:46:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

artyhog

Well we have only about 20 minutes before the game.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday.  Grat day for Baseball

Diamond Hogs will probably come out with a little more attitude since teh DVH scolding yesterday.  I think that they came out with the attitude that the game will be a cakewalk.

The coaches had to make an attitude adjustment in teh 4th inning.  Boy did they listen.

artyhog

3rd batter

strike out

3 out

Hogs 0 - Flames 0

artyhog

I had some technical difficulties.  I missed the first two batter for teh flames.  The was one base hit.  Then a double play for the first two outs

artyhog

Bottom of the 1st

Gentry up - leadoff

Pops behind 2nd base

caught

1 out

Hogs 0 - Flames 0

artyhog

artyhog

Bridges up

grounder to 1st

putout

2 outs

Hogs 0 - Flames 0

artyhog

Rowlett up - 15 game hitting streat - 500 BA

line drive base hit into left field

runner on 1st

2 outs

Hogs 0 - Flames 0

artyhog

artyhog

artyhog

Dugger up

fly out

3 outs

Hogs 0 - Flames 0

Headed to teh top of the 2nd

artyhog

Wife just came by to say that we were going to our daughter's house this afternoon fo rtheir birthday.

Got to go.

Back later tonight to see results.

Hope someone can keep up the thread.

Hogger

Hogger

Hogs up 1-0 on Hode's 1st homer of the season. End 2nd.

maniax22bolts20

Hamblin up with a 3-2 count and bases loaded.1 out. He walks and a run scores. 4-0 Hogs

maniax22bolts20

Bond double play. Hogs lead 4-0 after 5

maniax22bolts20

maniax22bolts20

2 out6th inning  Single by Marquardt. Gentry singled him to 2nd.Scott Bridges up ( 1-2  3 stolen bases so far) HBP on a curveballl. Bases loaded for Casey Rowlett. pitching change

maniax22bolts20

Rowlett singled to right scoring Marquardt and Gentry. Bridges was thrown out at the plate. 3 outs. Arkansas leads 6-0 after 6 complete.

maniax22bolts20

Eastern Illinois 7TH--Huber popped out. 1 out. Stone flew out to center, 2 out. 7,932 at Baum today ! The largest non confrence regular season crowd ever for Arkansas ! Verasse walked. Hickey bounced out 1-3.Charlie Boyce is cruising. 7th inning stretch. Hogs 6-0.

maniax22bolts20

Arkansas 7th. Jake Duggar leadoff home run( 4 HR 20 RBI on the season) ! 7-0 Hogs !  Danny Hamblin just doubled to deep center. Bond hit by pitch on the foot. still no outs.

maniax22bolts20

EASTERN IL will play at UALR Tuesday and Wed. and at ASU next weekend. Think they'll like AR ? Scott Hode up (HR,2B). Balk advanced runners to 3rd and 2nd.Hode walked on a full count . Brian Walker up

maniax22bolts20

Save some runs for next weekend when we need em Hogs ! Walker has fouled off about 5 pitches by a combined 15 feet down both lines. He struckout swinging.  Marquardt(.444) batting bases loaded 1out.3-2 count again. Walk. Hamblin scores. 8-0 Razorbacks. another EI pitching change.

maniax22bolts20

John Palmer the new EI pitcher. Craig Gentry up with bases still loaded 1 out. Gentry lined out to shortstop. 2 out. Bridges up next hit an infield single and reached 2nd on a throwing error. 2 runs scored. 1 is an rbi for Bridges.Marquardt at 3rd. Rowlett the Hogs 9th batter of the 7th. Kasey on a 3-2 count bounced out 5-3. 4 runs 3 hits. After 7 Arkansas 10 Eastern Illinois 0.

maniax22bolts20

Charle Boyce still pitching for Arkansas. He's thrown 79 pitches.8th inning. Leadoff HR for Joe Hernandez. 10-1 Arkansas. Shagnodt bounced out 2-3. 1 out. Next batter grounded 4-3. Campbell with 2 out is HBP. Carkeep (sp?) bounced out 4-3. 3 outs . 1 run 1 hit.   Middle of the 8th 10-0 Hogs.

maniax22bolts20

Duggar led off the 8th for Arkansas with a single to center. Danny Hamblin 2 run HR to left 12-0 Arkansas !!! Brock Bond  flew out to deeeep right. 1 out. Hode bounced out. 2 out. Walker  struckout. ARKANSAS 10-0 going to TOP OF THE 9TH !

maniax22bolts20

Jay Gilbert in to pitch the 9th for Arkansas. CharleyBoyce allowed 5 hits and 1 run in 8 innings. Mike Escruewskii struckouton a 1-2 pitch.. 1 out. Pete Stone out 4-3. Bridges magic again. 2 out. Adam Varrassee struckout looking ! 3 out! Ballgame ! Razorbacks win it 12-0 !  29 runs-2 so far in the series.

Macgyver_Hawg

maniax22bolts20

March 12, 2005, 02:56:15 pm #27 Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 02:59:48 pm by maniax22bolts20
12 runs on 13 hits and no errors for Arkansas. Razorbacks have won 10 straight and go for the sweep again tomorrow !  I am ready for Gamecock season and the team looks to be too. We'll start reality next weekend. WPS !  Hogs are now 15 and 1.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 12, 2005, 02:15:16 pm
EASTERN IL will play at UALR Tuesday and Wed. and at ASU next weekend. Think they'll like AR ? Scott Hode up (HR,2B). Balk advanced runners to 3rd and 2nd.Hode walked on a full count . Brian Walker up
The guy behind us was from Ill. and said that they had already played OU and Miss State. Last year they went 1-15 before conference and still won their conference. Guess we are getting them ready to go. A lot of these northern teams haven't even practiced outdoors when the start the southern swing. Kind of play their way into shape. BTW, for what it's worth they are the Panthers. I won't diss you guys on that though, good work.WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: PorcineSublime on March 12, 2005, 05:13:12 pm
Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 12, 2005, 02:15:16 pm
The guy behind us was from Ill. and said that they had already played OU and Miss State. Last year they went 1-15 before conference and still won their conference. Guess we are getting them ready to go. A lot of these northern teams haven't even practiced outdoors when the start the southern swing. Kind of play their way into shape. BTW, for what it's worth they are the Panthers. I won't diss you guys on that though, good work.WPS
The Panthers should sweep both from UALR. The Trojans have been horrible at the plate. Murry State slapped them around 22-1 in 2 games earlier this week. ASU seems much better than last year but the Panthers should play them tough. ASU should still take 2 of 3 at Tomlinson/Kell.
The Razorbacks seem well tuned so far but theres alot of baseball left. The SEC can be pretty unforgiving. I hope we play well enough for a decent seed in the tournament and heat up in the post season. Has anyone seen some other SEC teams yet ?

WindyCityHog

I knew I could come home from work and see the updates....Thanks guys.  All of us in the Razorback Kingdom need some good news.....