Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two Player Transfering

Started by Cajun Hog, March 12, 2005, 09:20:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cajun Hog

I heard late last night that Modica is leaving.  An one other, DT or DJ.  Anyone have a clue?

WilsonHog

March 12, 2005, 09:39:27 am #1 Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 09:41:16 am by WilsonHog
I hate to hear that Modica is leaving.  Three years ago he was beloved as an Arkansas kid who loved the Razorbacks and was one of the family.  Last year he was second-team All-SEC, only to spend most of this year on the end of the bench (except in arguably our best win of the year, when he lit LSU up).

Now he's being painted as selfish and it seems like a fair number of fans want him gone.

I'd rather keep Pookie and lose Heath.

Sad times.

lion6877

The other one is Townes more than likely. I wonder if Brewer plans to stay another year?

Arkapigdiesel

If Townes and Modica both leave then we are screwed for next year.  That speaks volumes on what they think about Heath.  Makes you wonder what the rest of the team thinks about him?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

3kgthog

So which is it? I read on here that it's Modica and Jefferson or Townes. I read elsewhere that it's Modica and Sullivan.  I'd say Modica for sure and no one else. 

Lanny

March 12, 2005, 09:54:16 am #5 Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 10:14:16 am by hSv
I don't believe Townes will leave.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

idochog

Modica and Rashard and possibly Dontell.

Personally I think Ferguson may have an attitude problem
I love Jesus!

hawgfan_18

slowly but surely he's getting rid of nolans players.

The_Bionic_Pig

that is what I am hearing..... that itself will free up 3 for the 06' Class.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mikeirwin

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 12, 2005, 10:41:13 am
What are you guys basing this on ? I heard, I believe and everyone is accepting it like it's gospel. A guy came up to me at the baseball game yesterday and said, "Heath is gone in 48 hours." Supposedly he had it straight from those close to Broyles.
Well, I guess he's still got 24 hours to be right

WilsonHog

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 12, 2005, 11:18:29 am
What are you guys basing this on ? I heard, I believe and everyone is accepting it like it's gospel. A guy came up to me at the baseball game yesterday and said, "Heath is gone in 48 hours." Supposedly he had it straight from those close to Broyles.

Mike, surely a lot of it simply has to do with fans not wanting to believe that declining the NIT bid was the end of this, because all that did was increase fan dissatisfaction in a lot of quarters. 

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 12, 2005, 11:18:29 am

no kidding, the rumors are always there, i am always suprised at how so many posters will  run with them with conviction.........conviction from where and how is what i wonder.......j

BTW, to help out the excuse makers, just say sullivan and modica that way 2 more guys will not be sr's. This team will be too young to win forever  ;D

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 12, 2005, 11:18:29 amWhat are you guys basing this on ? I heard, I believe and everyone is accepting it like it's gospel. A guy came up to me at the baseball game yesterday and said, "Heath is gone in 48 hours." Supposedly he had it straight from those close to Broyles.

Mike, my sources say Jones isn't going to be back next year.

I bet that's more reliable than other rumors out there.   ;)
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: The Max Swineberg 7 on March 12, 2005, 01:00:53 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on March 12, 2005, 11:18:29 amWhat are you guys basing this on ? I heard, I believe and everyone is accepting it like it's gospel. A guy came up to me at the baseball game yesterday and said, "Heath is gone in 48 hours." Supposedly he had it straight from those close to Broyles.

I'm hearing things about Broyles from a person in the AD's office. According to my friend, Broyles is going to retire on his 85th birthday.

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: HogInMemphis on March 12, 2005, 01:15:08 pm
I'm hearing things about Broyles from a person in the AD's office. According to my friend, Broyles is going to retire on his 85th birthday.

According to my buddy who is an Arkie St. lover and hog hater, that is impossible.  I swear now that the Red Sox won the series, ASU fans are the most paranoid fans on the planet.
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

mikeirwin

Quote from: HogInMemphis on March 12, 2005, 01:15:08 pm
Quote from: The Max Swineberg 7 on March 12, 2005, 01:00:53 pm

Maybe but Broyles thinks he's 55 right now.

Biggus Piggus

Broyles legally changed his birthday to Feb. 29, so he just turned 20.  He'll be legal to drink in four years.
[CENSORED]!

Illinihog

Actually the Players aren't upset with Heath.  They are upset with Ronnie Thompson.  He is the one who has fed the Me first Attitude to Darian Townes.  He is the one who coaches' the big men yet our Big Men Can't rebound.  If you look in his' first year when we actual rebounded well with less talent it was Boudreaux who was the coach in charge of them.  Modica is just crying and whining.  Let him Leave.  His me first attitude is killing this team.  The day after they had their team meeting he was trying to punch Dontell Jeffereson in Practice on Monday, that isn't exactly what you want next year from a SR. Leader.  Modica was fine when he was the man, but now that guys are better and bigger around him he isn't so happy with that.  I wouldn't be suprised to see Ronnie Thompson leave and Townes follow him.  While I'd to see Townes leave, it also wouldn't bother me.  Townes could be an All-American if he wouldn't let the guy he is guarding score 25 points a nite.  Townes has so much upside it isn't even funny, but all Townes worries about his is stat pack, he doesn't look at the big picture for the team.  Townes will get us 15-20 a night but also give up 20-25.  If he ever learns to play Defense he could be one of the Arkansas greats.  But if he leaves so be it.  If Modica leaves so be it.  We actually might get better by subtraction.  You don't think Heath is tired of Modica's crap?

Illinihog

I agree with the post about Ferguson, a guy who doesn't want the ball in his hands at the end of the game, has NO PLACE on my team or on my bench for that matter.

Kevin

wow, the problem is townes is are only inside threat.  he has tremendous upside.  don't know about his head. 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Fletch

I would love to see Townes stay. I think he, Brewer, Thomas, Famutimi, and hill are a good nucleus to build on. They difinitely need more talent but the potential is there.
I feel like $100

RazorBrad

This is a bunch of crap. I heard from a reliable source this... I heard from someone close to frank that. Give me a break.