Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Jones' Career is Over....

Started by hawkeyefan17, March 11, 2005, 05:37:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeyefan17

Amityvillehogger

I really thought he was coming out when he got hurt....

Wish him the best...
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

pioneerhog

I wish he could have seen the NCAAT at ARK, but he couldn't. I just hope the other guys on the team get the chance to see the tourney.

hawkeyefan17

Over the last couple of weeks it really seemed to me (from stuff I heard) that he was really trying to be a leader. Problem is...no one wanted to follow.

Good Luck, Michael, we will miss you.

HogDodging

I can't put my finger on why, but, I always figured Mike would one day turn into a very good player.  It seemed once conference play started this year, he began to play really well.  When he went down in the Kentucky game, I felt terrible for him.
I hate to see his career end because his school is afraid to play another in-state school.

hogstorm

wow...  i forgot all about how this affects him.  maybe he'll get mad at tell us whats going on up there

Matt Turner

I called Mike as soon as I found out today...He said it wasn't a good time to talk about it on camera bc he had just heard it too....Called him back tonight to see if he would talk but he didn't answer. I also feel sorry for Mike because losing seemed to have bothered him more than any of the other players. He spoke out about it after the loss to Mississippi State and some people took it the wrong way.

LAhog123

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: hogstorm on March 11, 2005, 06:15:52 pm
wow... i forgot all about how this affects him. maybe he'll get mad at tell us whats going on up there
I am normally not much on "tell all" stories but I'd pay to have his uncensored and unedited. Whatever cancer is growing in the Hog basketball program must be exposed and eliminated.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 12, 2005, 08:42:09 pm
wow... i forgot all about how this affects him. maybe he'll get mad at tell us whats going on up there
I am normally not much on "tell all" stories but I'd pay to have his uncensored and unedited. Whatever cancer is growing in the Hog basketball program must be exposed and eliminated.

maybe they just suck, have you ever thought of that  ???

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 12, 2005, 09:00:14 pm
Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 12, 2005, 08:42:09 pm

maybe they just suck, have you ever thought of that ???
Yes every day since January. Its official then, gays have invaded the men's basketball program.

Kilgor

Quote from: HogInMemphis on March 11, 2005, 09:39:30 pm
Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on March 11, 2005, 05:37:27 pm
I feel bad for him.

He never had a career.

You are such an ass-prick!

He contributed more to the Arkansas Razorbacks than you ever have or will.  All you do is tear them down.  Go watch your Memphis teams and shut the hell up.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

UKhog1

why do hawkeyefan and hoginmemphis even post here it would seem they would post for their teams not on a board for the hogs can anyone find anything positive or constructive to say about the hogs. I think we are all disappointed about what happened this year but we can't let people like this continue to tear down our beloved hogs

El Dog Hog

Kilgor

hawkeyefan is actually a decent poster.

HoginMemphis is the ass-prick.

SultanofSwine

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Kilgor on March 12, 2005, 11:16:52 pm
I feel bad for him.

He never had a career.

He contributed more to the Arkansas Razorbacks than you ever have or will.  All you do is tear them down.  Go watch your Memphis teams and shut the hell up.

I have contributed much more to the U of A and the athletic dept. than Jones has or ever could the rest of his life.  Jones leached a free education and room and board and contributed very little other than being a body for the starters to play against in practice. He was a bad signee - but Nolan had several of these in his last few years when he stopped recruiting and couldn't get anybody better than someone like Jones.

Kilgor

WilsonHog

Obscured in all of the name-calling and stupid posts that make up most of this thread is one interesting question: what do they players think of the decision?

RazorBrad

Quote from: HogInMemphis on March 13, 2005, 04:14:58 pm
I feel bad for him.

He never had a career.

I have contributed much more to the U of A and the athletic dept. than Jones has or ever could the rest of his life.  Jones leached a free education and room and board and contributed very little other than being a body for the starters to play against in practice. He was a bad signee - but Nolan had several of these in his last few years when he stopped recruiting and couldn't get anybody better than someone like Jones.
Would you care to compare your stats to his over the past few years?
I know what we can do big guy, lets take a poll on here and see who made a bigger contribution to the UA. Your rug money, or a Native Arkansas kid that played for the b-ball team. [CENSORED]

HogInMemphis

Quote from: RazorBrad on March 13, 2005, 05:29:40 pm
Quote from: HogInMemphis on March 13, 2005, 04:14:58 pm
I feel bad for him.

He never had a career.

Would you care to compare your stats to his over the past few years?
I know what we can do big guy, lets take a poll on here and see who made a bigger contribution to the UA. Your rug money, or a Native Arkansas kid that played for the b-ball team. [CENSORED]

I paid for a 4 yr. degree from U of A so I gave the U of A more money right there than they got for giving Jones a free ride. What did he average per game over 4 years? About 1 point? Nice return on their investment.

I know I'm right when I am not posting like an 8th grader and the rest of you are, with all the name-calling and silliness. Carry on - it's hilarious.

LAhog123

You should take that four yr degree and shove it....You definitely sound like an 8th grader especially bc you always seem to have to be on the defensive since pretty much everyone on this board dislikes you except for the moderator which is the only reason you're still on here. Mike Jones did everything he could with the PT he was given and Im certianly more proud to say I went to college with a hard working kid than I would be saying I went to college with an ass clown like you.(was that 8th grade???...... probably)

Fletch

My impression of Michael Jones is that he is a kid that only wanted to do one thing----win. He sacrificed 5 years of his life to do nothing but sit on the bench and yet he remained a hog, loyal to the end of his career. I have a lot of respect for a guy like that. I wish some of you  would refrain from personally trashing his career when he hasn't done anything to instigate it. I wish him the best of luck and much success in his life.
I feel like $100

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Fletch on March 13, 2005, 10:07:15 pm
My impression of Michael Jones is that he is a kid that only wanted to do one thing----win. He sacrificed 5 years of his life to do nothing but sit on the bench and yet he remained a hog, loyal to the end of his career. I have a lot of respect for a guy like that. I wish some of you  would refrain from personally trashing his career when he hasn't done anything to instigate it. I wish him the best of luck and much success in his life.

I wish him the best of luck and success in life too. I'm sure he's a grade A individual. But his basketball career at the U of A wasn't one.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: LAhog123 on March 13, 2005, 10:00:21 pm
You should take that four yr degree and shove it....You definitely sound like an 8th grader especially bc you always seem to have to be on the defensive since pretty much everyone on this board dislikes you except for the moderator which is the only reason you're still on here. Mike Jones did everything he could with the PT he was given and Im certianly more proud to say I went to college with a hard working kid than I would be saying I went to college with an ass clown like you.(was that 8th grade???...... probably)

I'm not sure you've yet graduated from the 8th grade. You'll mature eventually.....I hope.

Fatty McGee

Look, I like Mike as much as anyone, but let's not deify him.  He was a poor rebounder for 6'9".  His main skill was shooting, and he was OK at that, but he couldn't do much else, although he did improve his last two years significantly.  He was a reach for a high major when he was signed, though. 

And for some of you who aren't familiar with HiM, by getting all fired up over his posts, you're only making him happier.  Sorry for outing you HiM, but I couldn't read much more of the outrage. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 13, 2005, 10:11:36 pm
Look, I like Mike as much as anyone, but let's not deify him.  He was a poor rebounder for 6'9".  His main skill was shooting, and he was OK at that, but he couldn't do much else, although he did improve his last two years significantly.  He was a reach for a high major when he was signed, though. 

And for some of you who aren't familiar with HiM, by getting all fired up over his posts, you're only making him happier.  Sorry for outing you HiM, but I couldn't read much more of the outrage. 

Can't you just leave well enough alone sometimes?

LAhog123

HA that was good and I should have expected something that dumb to come from you....but arguing is pointless with you bc you dont comprehend much anyway and the more you post the more im convinced that graduating the 8th grade is a long shot at best for you. And maturity??? Arent you like 43......enough said. Mike Jones bleeds cardinal and white through and through especially for always wanting to win and doing the best he could. He didnt get a fair shot at going out like he wanted to and for that I think everyone should feel for him. As far as you go HiM you're a waste of breath so Ill stick to the words of one of my good friends who isnt a moderator....Rack em  Im done