Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Players have NO respect for Heath:

Started by HOGCATCH, March 10, 2005, 08:57:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGCATCH

I truly believe this program has improved talent over what Nolan left! They exhibit the same fire and passion you see on the bench from the coach, NONE! This problem will only get worse if major changes are not implemented! How can you not send Heath packing?
Winning is a way of life!

tophawg19

team is lost . please send search party with basketball manual explaining how to run a zone def. and how to bust 1 .we did neither.you beat the zone with sharp passing and good shooting .damn that left us out . at least tenn. should us how to do both .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hoggam's Razor

Even the "bad" Nowlin teams would/could step it up several notches and beat teams that were better than them....just because he was a good coach.  Heath seems to have comparable talent than other teams, but just can't coach it.........especially when the team is actually better.  Does VanHorn know any basketball?
I hate it when people complain.

tophawg19

not all bad lady cheerleaders looked good . heard ladybacks challenged the men .but no takers .

Fatty McGee

Quote from: phitauhog on March 10, 2005, 09:21:58 pm
Even the "bad" Nowlin teams would/could step it up several notches and beat teams that were better than them....just because he was a good coach. Heath seems to have comparable talent than other teams, but just can't coach it.........especially when the team is actually better. Does VanHorn know any basketball?

In our series with OU and OSU at the end of Nolan's career, how many of those games did we win?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 10, 2005, 09:38:47 pm
Even the "bad" Nowlin teams would/could step it up several notches and beat teams that were better than them....just because he was a good coach. Heath seems to have comparable talent than other teams, but just can't coach it.........especially when the team is actually better. Does VanHorn know any basketball?

In our series with OU and OSU at the end of Nolan's career, how many of those games did we win?
I don't know.

Fatty McGee

I believe the answer is ZERO.  And I like Nolan, but let's not deify him just because we're mad at Heath.

Hoggam's Razor

But Nowlin was 1 of 2 in national championship games......and could coach inferior talent.   I don't like Nowlin......and I'm glad he's gone.....but he's a great b'ball coach.
My point was that he won games that he shouldn't have and Heath loses games he shouldn't have.....bizarro world.

Hoggam's Razor

There's only one person I deify...........JFB!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: phitauhog on March 10, 2005, 09:47:03 pm
But Nowlin was 1 of 2 in national championship games......and could coach inferior talent. I don't like Nowlin......and I'm glad he's gone.....but he's a great b'ball coach.
My point was that he won games that he shouldn't have and Heath loses games he shouldn't have.....bizarro world.

Your broad generalizations are where you go wrong.  Nolan lost games he shouldn't have - '91 NCAA Tourney for example.

Hoggam's Razor

OK Fatty I admit that I'm wrong.......and stop talking about my broads.
But seriously folks......Heath did beat LSU (a pretty good team) and Mizzou (another pretty good team) which are both teams that are probably better than the HOGs. 
Yes I am venting at Heaths expense.  He may/will be a great coach. 
This board is a lot like kicking your dog........it just makes you feel better when you do it.

Lanny

Quote from: phitauhog on March 10, 2005, 09:54:58 pm

This board is a lot like kicking your dog........it just makes you feel better when you do it.

Yep and that is what we are here for.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

BigHog396

Asking about whether the team has quit on Heath or not... did anyone notice the way they came out of the timeout with about 3 minutes left?  When Heath tried to get the team to put their hands up together, to break the huddle, only 4 players put their hands up (Jefferson, Hill, Sullivan, and Thomas).  If Heath can't even get them to break a huddle as a team, how the heck do people think he has even the slightest chance of getting them to play as a team.

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 10, 2005, 09:44:19 pm
I believe the answer is ZERO. And I like Nolan, but let's not deify him just because we're mad at Heath.

As usual Fatty, you have skewed someone's post that made a legitimate point by picking out a couple of teams that Nolan did struggle with.  But to get back to the original intent of the post, Nolan's last two teams (obviously not some of his best) beat the following Top 25 teams when they were unranked themselves:

2001:

Alabama #15
Tennessee # 10
Kentucky #13
Alabama #20

2002:

MSU #22
Florida #5
Alabama #5

Please feel free to point out any of the Top 25 teams (when we played them) that we beat this year.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on March 10, 2005, 10:15:58 pm
I believe the answer is ZERO. And I like Nolan, but let's not deify him just because we're mad at Heath.

As usual Fatty, you have skewed someone's post that made a legitimate point by picking out a couple of teams that Nolan did struggle with.  But to get back to the original intent of the post, Nolan's last two teams (obviously not some of his best) beat the following Top 25 teams when they were unranked themselves:

2001:

Alabama #15
Tennessee # 10
Kentucky #13
Alabama #20

2002:

MSU #22
Florida #5
Alabama #5

Please feel free to point out any of the Top 25 teams (when we played them) that we beat this year.

This year we didn't beat any.  In the previous two years, we beat 3.  So does that make Heath a good coach that he won them the previous years?

WindyCityHog

I'm glad I worked tonight and didn't stay home to witness another embarrassment...This team quit down the srtetch...No doubt about it....I'm starting to feel like an Arkansas AM&N fan :-[  The Hogs wouldn't win the frickin' AAA State HS championship....but I would make them slight favorites in AA....

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 10, 2005, 10:17:43 pm

As usual Fatty, you have skewed someone's post that made a legitimate point by picking out a couple of teams that Nolan did struggle with. But to get back to the original intent of the post, Nolan's last two teams (obviously not some of his best) beat the following Top 25 teams when they were unranked themselves:

2001:

Alabama #15
Tennessee # 10
Kentucky #13
Alabama #20

2002:

MSU #22
Florida #5
Alabama #5

This year we didn't beat any. In the previous two years, we beat 3. So does that make Heath a good coach that he won them the previous years?

Does it mean that his teams are really improving because they didn't beat any this year?  All of those teams were ranked between 20-25.  Three of Nolan's were against Top 10 teams.  This team has yet to step up to the plate and beat anybody this year and now they have lost to Auburn, Tennesse, SC, and Vanderbilt.  Yes those teams aren't Western Carolina but Auburn and UT are not any good and SC and Vandy are hardly any better.

NuttsSacked

Give it up AOII.  You can't win with Fatty.  It's funny how he never mentions Heaths' road record.  I'd like to see that comparison to Richardson.   

El Dog Hog

Does VanHorn know any basketball?

I wish people knew who stupid they sound when they say that. If that was the case, wouldnt Duke hire coach K to coach football? Wouldnt FSU coach bowden to coach baskbetall? It was kinda funny the first time, but now its really stupid.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on March 10, 2005, 10:29:56 pm
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 10, 2005, 10:17:43 pm

As usual Fatty, you have skewed someone's post that made a legitimate point by picking out a couple of teams that Nolan did struggle with. But to get back to the original intent of the post, Nolan's last two teams (obviously not some of his best) beat the following Top 25 teams when they were unranked themselves:

2001:

Alabama #15
Tennessee # 10
Kentucky #13
Alabama #20

2002:

MSU #22
Florida #5
Alabama #5

This year we didn't beat any. In the previous two years, we beat 3. So does that make Heath a good coach that he won them the previous years?

Does it mean that his teams are really improving because they didn't beat any this year? All of those teams were ranked between 20-25. Three of Nolan's were against Top 10 teams. This team has yet to step up to the plate and beat anybody this year and now they have lost to Auburn, Tennesse, SC, and Vanderbilt. Yes those teams aren't Western Carolina but Auburn and UT are not any good and SC and Vandy are hardly any better.

South Carolina beat Kentucky.  Vandy beat Alabama.  Auburn's about to finish off Vandy. 

Surely you're not arguing that they are on par w/ Western Carolina?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: NuttsSacked on March 10, 2005, 10:48:26 pm
Give it up AOII. You can't win with Fatty. It's funny how he never mentions Heaths' road record. I'd like to see that comparison to Richardson.

Why would anyone compare Heath at this point to Nolan?  It's irrelevant. 

The only thing that's similar is that some of you would have canned Nolan at about the same point in his career. 

NuttsSacked

Irrelevant?  You ever refer to Nolan's record again and I'll call you on it.  Hypocrite.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: NuttsSacked on March 10, 2005, 10:57:01 pm
Irrelevant? You ever refer to Nolan's record again and I'll call you on it. Hypocrite.

You're very intimidating.

What was Nolan's record his first and second year?

By the way, what's a good site for razorback bball history?

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: El Dog Hog on March 10, 2005, 10:50:20 pm

I wish people knew who stupid they sound when they say that. If that was the case, wouldnt Duke hire coach K to coach football? Wouldnt FSU coach bowden to coach baskbetall? It was kinda funny the first time, but now its really stupid.

You're right el-dog.
Does John McDonnell know any basketball?

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 10, 2005, 10:53:26 pm
Quote from: NuttsSacked on March 10, 2005, 10:48:26 pm
Give it up AOII. You can't win with Fatty. It's funny how he never mentions Heaths' road record. I'd like to see that comparison to Richardson.

Why would anyone compare Heath at this point to Nolan? It's irrelevant.

The only thing that's similar is that some of you would have canned Nolan at about the same point in his career.

:-\ Oh Fatty, I just don't have it in me right now to make a Fatty McGee rose colored phone booth.

Biggus Piggus

At the same point in Nolan's career, he was a junior college coach.
[CENSORED]!

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 10, 2005, 10:58:06 pm
Quote from: NuttsSacked on March 10, 2005, 10:57:01 pm
Irrelevant? You ever refer to Nolan's record again and I'll call you on it. Hypocrite.

You're very intimidating.

What was Nolan's record his first and second year?

By the way, what's a good site for razorback bball history?

Fatty, you can download the BB media guide as a .pdf file (which has just about anything you could think of) from Stan Heath's website on Hogwired.com...but you better hurry, it might not be there very much longer.  ;) 

And for the record, the Hogs won't play in the NIT this year.  Besides this team not deserving to get to play another game this year, there is no way that JFB can risk letting SH lose in another tournament 1st game to whomever the opponent would be.  If that were to happen, he would either have to fire SH (which he doesn't want to do yet because of contractual obligations with Noland and SH) or weather the storm and lose season ticket sales for next year.  Neither is a very attractive option.

PerryHog

Without a coaching change, will season tickets even be offered next year?

sooie dog

Quote from: El Dog Hog on March 10, 2005, 10:50:20 pm

They sound about as stupid as you do trying to defend Heath.  It might have been funny yesterday but not today.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 11, 2005, 07:25:13 am
Quote from: PerryHog on March 11, 2005, 07:17:46 am

If you want season tickets you won't have a problem getting them next year. No worries about a waiting list.

I've not paid for a basketball ticket since Nolan's last season.

Fletch

I feel like $100

junkyardhog

Do you think Stan Heath will tell Fayetteville what he told Little Rock? You know, if you don't come to our games, we just will not play.  Oh wait, they already aren't playing :(

Fatty McGee

Quote from: MacGyver_Hawg on March 11, 2005, 08:17:06 am
Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 11, 2005, 07:25:13 am

If you want season tickets you won't have a problem getting them next year. No worries about a waiting list.

I've not paid for a basketball ticket since Nolan's last season.

You shouldn't have paid for one the two or three seasons prior to his last.

tophawg19

i don't think you would have to pay heath .he lied on his application . he said he was a basketball coach . i haven't seen proof yet.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 11, 2005, 12:12:00 am
At the same point in Nolan's career, he was a junior college coach.
Bingo, we have a winner. Nolan got to learn on the job at a lower level. We pluck a coach out of a mid-major and expect him to take us to the promisedland. He's drowning in the deep end and now we the fans are all standing on his head. He will be back next year, whether we want him or not. Guess we'll have to see if he can prove the naysayers wrong. I for one hope he does. If not, I vote for someone who has at least seen the inside of the GeorgiaDome and maybe has more than one year of DI coaching experience. JMO I could be wrong.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.