Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Macon is to MA what Matt Jones was to HDN...

Started by hobhog, January 23, 2018, 07:52:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

East TN HAWG

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

hobhog

ShadowHawg

Yep those two crazy turnovers late when we were up 5 sure saves a coach.

Go away and kick your wife and beat the dog.. We won

rtr

Quote from: hobhog on January 23, 2018, 07:57:21 pm
Hmmmm. MCFadden?
You sound bitter, you hold MA to a higher standard than BB.  Consistency.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

hobhog

Quote from: rtr on January 23, 2018, 08:03:28 pm

Huh?

ParkerSchnabel

If he recruits good players they get credit huh ? You should be banned for this garbage. Let the fans enjoy a win.

hobhog

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 23, 2018, 08:27:00 pm
If he recruits good players they get credit huh ? You should be banned for this garbage. Let the fans enjoy a win.

I was screaming my head off whole game. Happy we won.

Missed the point. My bad.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: hobhog on January 23, 2018, 07:52:49 pm
Job saver!
That's true for good players on any team with any coach. Your point?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: hobhog on January 23, 2018, 08:28:57 pm
I was screaming my head off whole game. Happy we won.

Missed the point. My bad.

If thats the case I apologize. Back when HDN was here. I remember a lot of fans saying things like Matt saved his job bc he couldn't coach. So I guess I took it as a shot at Mike. My bad.

hawgball40

Quote from: rtr on January 23, 2018, 08:03:28 pm
BB is trash, but MA is not proving with time that he is not much better than his predecessor, and he is inching his way toward garnering that same label as a washed up crapped out has been. I mean just look at the product we are putting on the court. Fans have a right to be concerned 7 years in to the tenure, to see us getting thumped so convincingly by teams that aren't so good, and barely beating mediocre teams like Georgia. I mean we beat one of the worst coaches in the league tonight by 3 points in double over time and the sunshine pumpers are walking around with their chests puffed out 10 feet. Granted, it was a monumental comeback on the road, but lets see how the hogs play the next couple of games before we move anderson off the hotplate. i mean the only way to describe our performance as of late is piss poor, otherwise you are not being objective. tonight was a step in the right direction but took alot of luck for us to get that win. We could have easily lost by 30+. Nothing has changed. Time for him and his team to go out and prove the detractors wrong. call me a hater whatever you want. just win baby. just win

mykidsdad

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 23, 2018, 09:31:53 pm
BB is trash, but MA is not proving with time that he is not much better than his predecessor, and he is inching his way toward garnering that same label as a washed up crapped out has been. I mean just look at the product we are putting on the court. Fans have a right to be concerned 7 years in to the tenure, to see us getting thumped so convincingly by teams that aren't so good, and barely beating mediocre teams like Georgia. I mean we beat one of the worst coaches in the league tonight by 3 points in double over time and the sunshine pumpers are walking around with their chests puffed out 10 feet. Granted, it was a monumental comeback on the road, but lets see how the hogs play the next couple of games before we move anderson off the hotplate. i mean the only way to describe our performance as of late is piss poor, otherwise you are not being objective. tonight was a step in the right direction but took alot of luck for us to get that win. We could have easily lost by 30+. Nothing has changed. Time for him and his team to go out and prove the detractors wrong. call me a hater whatever you want. just win baby. just win
he is not on the hot plate as you say. The only thing is hot is your head. Pathetic little person you must be. I pitty you!

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 23, 2018, 09:31:53 pm

You have questionable judgment
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

CapitalCityHawg

MikePiazza

Can we seriously stop comparing MA to HDN? They're not in the same stratosphere. Mike wins games, just like HDN won games here, but does it with way less drama and fanfare.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

hawgball40

hawgball40

Quote from: mykidsdad on January 23, 2018, 09:44:25 pm
he is not on the hot plate as you say. The only thing is hot is your head. Pathetic little person you must be. I pitty you!
right in those feelz bro. when you cant stand the truth

hogsanity

Quote from: MikePiazza on January 23, 2018, 10:37:41 pm
Can we seriously stop comparing MA to HDN? They're not in the same stratosphere. Mike wins games, just like HDN won games here, but does it with way less drama and fanfare.

Everyone making this comparison has been clear, they are talking about games only. And in that regard MA is very HDN like. Usually gets his team up to win a couple they probably shouldn't, also manages to lose a couple they shouldn't, and at the end of the season has won enough to stay employed, but lost enough to not really do anything spectacular. And does all of that on the back of a player carrying the entire team. Last night was another example of that. The Hogs won that game because Macon kept going and getting the ball in OT and not giving it to anyone else because he knew he'd never get it back. And he scored 23 pts all after half time.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

younghog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 23, 2018, 08:03:03 pm
Yep those two crazy turnovers late when we were up 5 sure saves a coach.

Go away and kick your wife and beat the dog.. We won

I feel ya..

People whom act like the players recruited shouldn't perform to their love are lost.. ~who knew
GO HOGS

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on January 24, 2018, 08:33:57 am
Everyone making this comparison has been clear, they are talking about games only. And in that regard MA is very HDN like. Usually gets his team up to win a couple they probably shouldn't, also manages to lose a couple they shouldn't, and at the end of the season has won enough to stay employed, but lost enough to not really do anything spectacular. And does all of that on the back of a player carrying the entire team. Last night was another example of that. The Hogs won that game because Macon kept going and getting the ball in OT and not giving it to anyone else because he knew he'd never get it back. And he scored 23 pts all after half time.

So basically, like most of the coaches in America sans Coach K, Roy, Jay Wright, Calipari, Self, and those guys lose games they should win all the time too.

Also always find it hilarious that it's actually a knock on a coach that he has a player carrying the team. It's almost like Hog fans wanted to tear down HDN because Matt Jones and McFadden wanted to be Hogs. And because Daryl Macon and guys like Bobby Portis wanted to be Hogs, MA has to be torn down.

Here's the deal, hogsanity, you always argue that Hogs should've never hired MA. Let's say they'd hired someone, like say, Buzz Williams. There's a name that would've been a lot like the Bielema hire. Won at a P5 league in Wisconsin, should be a slam dunk, right.

Then he comes here and puts up the record that he's put up at Virginia Tech.

11-22, 2-15, next to dead last
20-15, 10-8, T-7th, NIT
22-11, 10-8, T-7th, first round NCAA
14-6, 3-4, tied for 9th currently, lucky to be bubble

So he's got a resume that's actually worse than Mike's. But it wouldn't have been Mike, so it would've been an upgrade according to you.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.