Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 21 THREAD: Arkansas (16-4, 3-0 SEC) @ Charlotte (11-8, 2-1 C-USA) CANCELLED

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 19, 2018, 05:03:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#4 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS vs Charlotte 49ers
at BB&T Ballpark   CANCELLED

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 21 THREAD
   #4 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS ( 16-4, 3-0 SEC) vs Charlotte 49ers (11-8, 2-1 C-USA)

This is game 1 of 2 games in BB&T Stadium which begin Tuesday and concludes Wednesday.

Tuesday's First Pitch is set for 6:05 p.m. central time and THIS GAME WILL BE TELEVISED on beIn SPORTS where available and on a TAPED DELAY beginning at 0:630 p.m., and apparently there will be a stream tape delay available on beIN SPORTS beginning at 6:30 p.m.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this this game.  A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, , ucaHogfan, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, HogFansReunited, Arkansas Traveler, Maddhog, JHicks3636 and Razorbacks#1 will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

0                        CANCELLED                 0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Charlotte          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

BroyledNutts

http://www.baseballparks.com/indepth/charlotte/

BB&T ballpark, Charlotte, NC. ... what a facility. I wish the UofA would contract that design firm to execute the upgrade of Baum Stadium when it happens - they think of everything.

HighcountryHog

no bumps, no fat chicks

HamIAm

Weather forecast looks cold and rainy.  60% chance of showers Tuesday afternoon, 70% chance of rain Tuesday night and 80% chance of rain Wednesday turning over to snow after midnight.  High Tuesday 66, low 39, high Wednesday 48

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 19, 2018, 07:48:53 pm
Why are we playing at their place?

Just a way to make the extended road trip travel easier. Go there, then to Florida, then to Memphis, then Ole Miss ... then home.

skinnypig

Bein sports
620 on directv
726 Comcast
408 dish
1662 Uverse
727 Cox

razCzar

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 19, 2018, 08:16:33 pm
Just a way to make the extended road trip travel easier. Go there, then to Florida, then to Memphis, then Ole Miss ... then home.

Glad you brought up the "extended" road trip.  Hadn't realized this would be a 10-day away from home affair.  No doubt there have been others, but I can't remember one this long before.  Can you?

83grad

408 on Dish for me is SEC Network
My research shows 392 on Dish

philiphog

Quote from: skinnypig on March 19, 2018, 10:15:34 pm
Bein sports
620 on directv
726 Comcast
408 dish
1662 Uverse
727 Cox

This is awesome! Thank you!

ricepig

BEIN is on Sling, so those that wish to try a 7 Day Free trial.......

UAGolfer1981

skinnypig

Quote from: 83grad on March 20, 2018, 07:00:30 am
408 on Dish for me is SEC Network
My research shows 392 on Dish

must have moved the listings I found were from 2015

Razorbacks#1

Pitcher's announced:

Razorbacks:
RH Barrett Loseke (0-0, 11.25 ERA)

Charlotte
RH Chase Gooding (2-0, 2.77)

THUNDER!

kennymayne

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 20, 2018, 10:08:30 am
Pitcher's announced:

Razorbacks:
RH Barrett Loseke (0-0, 11.25 ERA)

Charlotte
RH Chase Gooding (2-0, 2.77)

I really hope Loseke can use this opportunity to find his control.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

83grad

I ran across the same list you found and since I have Dish, I knew it was wrong.

cram224

I'm showing Ark St vs Mo on dish 408.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: razCzar on March 19, 2018, 10:49:57 pm
Glad you brought up the "extended" road trip.  Hadn't realized this would be a 10-day away from home affair.  No doubt there have been others, but I can't remember one this long before.  Can you?

There have been a few trips away from Baum that were 6 or 7 games before, and one 8 game stand in College Station and Louisiana in 2004, but I can't remember, nor could I find, and string of games this long in the archives; save perhaps trips to Hoover that was bookended with a season ending series on the road and a trip to a regional somewhere.

Pudgepork

pigture perfect

Come on game time. What's taking you so long. This is how I feel when we have a quality team.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

skinnypig

HogFansReunited

I had to add a different sports package on dish but it was only 6 bucks a month.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

boaron

I get "Adobepass UserId is Null"  when trying to sign in to bein sports using the link above.  Anybody know what this means?  I have Cox cable in NW Arkansas.   

southeasthog

My guide on my phone shows Army vs Navy at 6:30 on 392.

swineology

razorbackfan86

Quote from: swineology on March 20, 2018, 02:12:48 pm
I heard the game has been cancelled!

:(

My local radio station that carries the games just confirmed. As of right now still planning for 1 game tomorrow.

Wisco Pig

Has also been confirmed on the UNC-Charlotte team Twitter account.

Charlotte Baseball
‏@NinerBaseball
1m1 minute ago
More
CANCELLED! Tuesday's @NinerBaseball with #4 Arkansas has been cancelled due to impending weather ... same two teams for ONE game tomorrow on campus at 4:05pm ...

ETA:  And now confirmed on the Razorback Twitter feed.
"Tonight's game has been CANCELLED due to impending weather in the Charlotte area, with no plans to reschedule."

jbell96

Sucks we won't get to play in the AAA stadium, but an extra day of rest isn't the worst thing in the world.

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: jbell96 on March 20, 2018, 02:39:10 pm
Sucks we won't get to play in the AAA stadium, but an extra day of rest isn't the worst thing in the world.
Nope, but sitting around in the hotel rooms will suck, that, and letting some other guys get some AB's and pitch.

jbell96

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2018, 02:46:57 pm
Nope, but sitting around in the hotel rooms will suck, that, and letting some other guys get some AB's and pitch.

I'm mostly thinking about Koch, in terms of rest, but I agree, would be nice to get some work for Bonnin, Bolden, Vermillion, Loseke, etc......

ricepig

Quote from: jbell96 on March 20, 2018, 02:51:58 pm
I'm mostly thinking about Koch, in terms of rest, but I agree, would be nice to get some work for Bonnin, Bolden, Vermillion, Loseke, etc......

I was surprised Loseke was going to start, in fact I didn't know if he would even be on the 27 player roster for SEC games. He wasn't last weekend. My only complaint this season has been his and Reindl's pitching, I was expecting much more from them.

swineology

BigBrandonAllenFan

This is good thing.  The Red Army will roll into Florida well rested with a full bull pen.

rljjr

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on March 20, 2018, 03:16:55 pm
This is good thing.  The Red Army will roll into Florida well rested with a full bull pen.

The Red Army will rest tonight on the banks of the Catawba River, the sky red from the glow of Wildcat remains burning into the wee hours of the morning. Unfortunate for the 49ers, because the Red Army is hungry, and their appetite will only grow. Sleep well, 49ers. Can you see the amber sky? Can you hear the steady drumbeat? The Red Army is coming for you and drooling from a ravenous hunger.

jbell96

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2018, 03:00:53 pm
I was surprised Loseke was going to start, in fact I didn't know if he would even be on the 27 player roster for SEC games. He wasn't last weekend. My only complaint this season has been his and Reindl's pitching, I was expecting much more from them.

One of my friends made a good point that if we start Loseke, and he does poorly, we can just take him out, as opposed to bringing him in during the middle innings with runners on base, where he tends to give up hits and runs. I liked what I saw from Reindl on Friday night, seems like he might be starting to get it figured out.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2018, 02:45:24 pm
Yeah, probably the reason they cancelled it.......
Yes, and if that had been announced just a little sooner, I wouldn't have made the OP.  Looks like it broke 10-15 minutes before I posted, but I was on this site and there was nothing about it here.

dotnet

I'm glad they're not doing a double header tomorrow.  would be dumb before Florida. 

Even easier now to not have to throw anyone you may need on Friday.  This will be a much better pitching situation than last weekend.

hawgtahm

ATT Uverse in KC
1662 BeIN
662 nonHD

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

rljjr

In SEC games:

Kentucky rebounds against Xavier 20-4
Ole Miss beat Nawlins 9-4
Mizzou is up on A State 6-0 in the 5th
Georgia Tech whipping Auburn 6-0 in the 8th (FINAL: GT WINS 6-4)
Gamecocks trail Citadel 3-2 in the 5th
Bama trails UAB 5-3 in the 3rd
Aggies lead 3-0 over Rice in the 4th
MSU 7-0 over Alcorn State in the 3rd
Georgia up on Georgia State 12-2 in the 8th (GEORGIA WINS 12-2)
Tenner trails ETSU 9-6 in the 9th (NOW FINAL)

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: rljjr on March 20, 2018, 03:28:47 pm
The Red Army will rest tonight on the banks of the Catawba River, the sky red from the glow of Wildcat remains burning into the wee hours of the morning. Unfortunate for the 49ers, because the Red Army is hungry, and their appetite will only grow. Sleep well, 49ers. Can you see the amber sky? Can you hear the steady drumbeat? The Red Army is coming for you and drooling from a ravenous hunger.

RLJJR has spoken the communist truth!!

All hail the great Red Army hailer, RLJJR.

Love live Chairman Mao!  Long live Putin!