Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those who are not able to attend game one of the Woo Pig Classic

Started by flippinhogmana, March 16, 2018, 11:36:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Here is the live stat link as posted today.  Game one is against Iowa State at 5:00 pm

http://statb.us/b/207652

So far Tulsa has run ruled Omaha 8-0 in five innings.  They play the next game against Iowa State in about 30 minutes.  That should give us some idea of what we face against those two teams.  Tulsa is 16-10 currently.  There losses have come to McNeese State (3-6 and 6-8), Iowa (1-2 and 3-11), Texas A&M (0-7, and 0-6), Texas State, Nebraska and Drake.  They are not as good as they were last year, but they arent too far below us.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Tulsa now has a 6-1 lead over Iowa State in top of the sixth inning.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

looks like manzo is at third in game one and parr is in left, warrick as dp - haff in the circle

flippinhogmana

so far Warrick is 3-3 with two homers and all four runs drive in (hogs lead 4-0 in the top of the sixth)
Hedgcock came in the top of the fifty and retired all three batters she faced (got ahead of all of them too)
Manzo started at third, now playing short, and has a couple of hits (2-3)

flippinhogmana

over the last fifteen or twenty at bats Cooper has actually been out hitting Parr (0-2 today).  Parr started out 4-4 early in the season but was still hitting about .750 not long ago, Cooper got down to under a .100 but is coming back.

Manzo still has a .500 average now with her two hits today.  Warrick was like oh for her first eight at bats, but since she started in the Georgia game has had four hits I believe (and six rbis), three of them homers to raise her average to .250.  It would be alot higher if you figured it over the last four games.

flippinhogmana

But Parr strikes back in the bottom of the sixth and gets a single and so does Bugarin to put two on, nobody out.
Cyclones change pitchers.  I suspect Hedgcock (who gave up a run on three hits in the top of the sixth) will try to finish it.

I suspect Hammerin Hannah is tired of the crappy slump she has been in - she hits a three run homer (she also ht a double in her first at bat) to put the lead to 7-1, still with nobody out.  Hogs waking up, cant let Warrick and Manzo have all the fun!

flippinhogmana

Diaz grounds out (0-4 on the day) and Warrick gets a pedestrian single next (4-4 now on the day), one on, one out

excuse me, Buczek made an out before McEwens homer, so there are two out, one on.  Manzo reaches on a misplaced fly ball, and the pinch runner for Warrick scores, 8-1, pr for Manzo is Dotson at second base, two out.
Krzysko lines out to 3b to send us to the top of the seventh.

flippinhogmana

Hedgcock is back in the circle.  Warrick now has her BA up to 294 and Parr has hers back up to 389 with her single.

Hedgcock retires the first two batters on ground balls and then gives up a single to left field.
it brings up the top of the order and the cyclones best hitter. 
a single up the middle follows and runners are on at first and second with two out
Hedgcock gets ahead 1-2 on the next hitter and then loses her on a single to left to load the bases.
Hedgcock now faces the clean up hitter who gets a single up the middle (four straight hits) to narrow the lead to 8-3 with runners on first and second.
Hedgcock staying in, gets ahead 0-2 and gets her first K of the day to end the game.  Haff should be the winner, not sure if Hedgcock gets the save or not, but she got some work in.

flippinhogmana

Haff got the win (10-2) and Caroline Hedgcock did get the save (first save)
Warrick with four rbis and McEwen with three (up to 30).  Hannah with the two hits (2-4) also raises her average back above .400 (.403)

psycHOGlogist

Like that we are seeing Parr and Manzo tonight. Good win in G1, though don't like the 2-out letdown in the 7th inning. Fortunately, it didn't matter.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 16, 2018, 07:58:46 pm
Like that we are seeing Parr and Manzo tonight. Good win in G1, though don't like the 2-out letdown in the 7th inning. Fortunately, it didn't matter.

Well we still dont have an effective third and fourth pitcher, but we already knew that.