Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 18 THREAD: #5 Arkansas (13-4, 0-0 SEC) vs #4 Kentucky (14-3, 0-0 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 15, 2018, 07:46:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

trippigs

razCzar

Great win Hogs!
But something tells me this will be a war this weekend.

TebowHater

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 16, 2018, 10:23:44 pm
Someone could correct me, but I think I remember coaches are suspended a game in SEC play if they are ejected.

Rule 2 Section 26. Only if it is an assistant/player is the person suspended. The head coach is not suspended for an ejection.

When an assistant coach, a player (other than a pitcher) or team personnel
other than the head coach is ejected for disputing an umpire's decision
or for unsportsmanlike conduct or language directed at an opponent or
umpire (including a post-participation ejection), he will receive a one-game
suspension in addition to the present game ejection. There will be a threegame
suspension for subsequent ejections in the same season. The individual
institution will see that all suspensions are served. Assistant coaches and
players may not leave their position on the field or dugout area to appeal any
play on the field. Head coaches are ultimately responsible for their team's
actions on the field. Although there is a difference between a discussion and
an argument, participants, other than the head coach, shall not be the ones to
represent their team in communication with the umpire(s).

The way a HC gets suspension is if he removes his team from the field and refused to continue the game. In that case, ejection + 2 game suspension. Alternatively, any one who "prolonged or continued arguing, offensive language, or excessive expressions directed at a game umpire or official after an ejection" is also a 2 gamer. But that applies to all players, and I am sure they are more lenient on HCs

rljjr

Georgia and Bama tied at 9 in the bottom of the 12th with a Bama runner in scoring position and 2 outs.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Ark13 on March 16, 2018, 10:41:28 pm
Who do we have on the mound tomorrow?

Campbell, according to the game notes on the Razorback website today.

Thanks for the PBP, JHicks.  Thanks, Razorbacks#1.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

War Boar

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Ark13 on March 16, 2018, 10:41:28 pm
Who do we have on the mound tomorrow?

I don't think they have announced, but unless I missed something drastic in the news about Campbell being out,  I'm betting grandpa's pig farm it is Campbell.  That's the rotation Van Horn wants.  Not sure why you would go differently to start SEC play than to go Saturday Campbell.

HighcountryHog

no bumps, no fat chicks

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 16, 2018, 10:44:07 pm
Campbell, according to the game notes on the Razorback website today.

Thanks for the PBP, JHicks.

I guess they did announce. 

RockyMtnHog

"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on March 16, 2018, 10:50:47 pm
Biggest upset in NCAA history.

UVa just topped themselves since the last biggest upset was when they were ranked #1 and lost to NAIA Chaminade in the '80's
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Let's take 'em one at a time and get the series win tomorrow.

nesjunk

As great as that victory was, we have our work cut out for us this weekend to take the series.  Those Cats can hit the ball.  I was most impressed with their hitting.  But we matched them, and our pitching staff was just better allowing fewer walks in critical situations.  We can't let up or they will take the last two.

BroyledNutts

I'm glad this series is being played at Baum - a number of those moon shots by Kentucky would've been out at their park.

Incredible performance by the offense tonight. Never got tight, never felt intimidated - by contrast, I thought from the first pitch the Hogs were the aggressor and they took it to Hjelle. That strike zone tonight was all over the place, and I think it bothered both starters; Knight adjusted, however, and Hjelle never did. Good for us.

Only one error tonight, and it didn't really cost us. That's a positive.

Kentucky is their prototypical hard hitting team, but they were scattered for the most part tonight, save one small stretch, and never really got the run factory going.

Great win - I hate to see a DH tomorrow when one isn't really necessary, but it will be of no concern if we bring that same offense to game 1. Go get the series win, then worry about lagniappe ...

Great fun in the thread tonight while the no G phone battery lasted. Let's have some more fun tomorrow.

Go Hogs.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BroyledNutts

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 17, 2018, 12:13:57 am
What time are the games tomorrow.

First game starts at 2pm ... then 30 minutes after completion ... both 9s ...

pigture perfect

Haha, I may make it for the 2nd game. Now I just need tickets.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HogFansReunited

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 17, 2018, 12:31:19 am
Haha, I may make it for the 2nd game. Now I just need tickets.

Want to take my family but won't make it until game two starts. Not sure if I want to make that long of a trip to sit in general admission.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568