Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 18 THREAD: #5 Arkansas (13-4, 0-0 SEC) vs #4 Kentucky (14-3, 0-0 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 15, 2018, 07:46:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#5 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS vs #4 Kentucky Wildcats
at Baum Stadium   Friday 6:30 p.m.

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 18 THREAD
   #5 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS ( 13-4, 0-0 SEC) vs #4 Kentucky Wildcats (14-3, 0-0 SEC)

This is game 1 of 3 games in Baum Stadium which begin Friday and concludes on Sunday.

Friday's First Pitch is set for 6:30 p.m. central time and Portions of this game will Televised on Bases Loaded on the SEC Network. For full coverage of the game, SEC+ at WATCHESPN will be provided.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this this game.  A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, , ucaHogfan, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, HogFansReunited, Arkansas Traveler, Maddhog, JHicks3636 and Razorbacks#1 will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

0                        6:30 p.m.                 0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Kentucky          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Kevin

more psyched for the baseball game than the basketball game.

just win, baby
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Ugly Uncle

Why don't we have our little razorback icon on here anymore?

Go Hogs.
Retired Radio Host

ricepig

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 15, 2018, 09:38:01 pm
Why don't we have our little razorback icon on here anymore?

Go Hogs.

I was going to say Landy took it away since we beat his Whorns, but he probably would have nixed this  ::hornsdown::, too.

pigture perfect

I am excited for this series. I think we see what we're made of this weekend.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SPAL

If I'm being honest, I'm kinda concerned about the series due to questions about our starting rotation. Jake hasn't pitched well in relief and I'm still not sure which offense will show up.

War Boar

howie76

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 16, 2018, 07:40:24 am
If I'm being honest, I'm kinda concerned about the series due to questions about our starting rotation. Jake hasn't pitched well in relief and I'm still not sure which offense will show up.
i agree spal.. hopefully knight is on tonight. I feel good abt most of our starting lineup, maybe dom will get going tonight and Cole,Koch, and the others will stay hot!

onebadrubi

I expect Fletcher to show up this series and show out.  Just a hunch

woodrow hog call

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 16, 2018, 11:00:10 am
I expect Fletcher to show up this series and show out.  Just a hunch

Pre-season is over, it's all real starting tonight, I hope  you're right.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

CSCSW

INJURY NEWS: @UKBaseball sophomore LHP Zack Thompson will miss the @RazorbackBSB series this weekend due to a flexor strain. Tough loss for #UK heading into the weekend as #SEC play begins.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not but just saw this. This has been their Saturday starter this year. So they may be piecing together a bit as well this weekend. And its a lefty we don't have to face.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: CSCSW on March 16, 2018, 12:06:40 pm
INJURY NEWS: @UKBaseball sophomore LHP Zack Thompson will miss the @RazorbackBSB series this weekend due to a flexor strain. Tough loss for #UK heading into the weekend as #SEC play begins.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not but just saw this. This has been their Saturday starter this year. So they may be piecing together a bit as well this weekend. And its a lefty we don't have to face.
Could be huge.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hawgphish

Big series no doubt.  It is a long season and we must keep perspective.  If we sweep it doesn't mean we will walk through league play.  And if we drop a couple doesn't mean it is the end of the world.  It is baseball, love the journey.  With that being said, Go Hogs Take 3!!!!!!

BroyledNutts

The wind will play a large factor in tonight's game - home runs are going to be limited to Left field. Doesn't Kentucky have a lot of left handed hitters?

Pitching pitching pitching will determine it for us. Will those young guns be ready and able to handle a hot SEC offense? We're about to find out.

My only goals for this weekend are 3 competitive games and not getting swept at home. I hope the offense that beat Texas this week shows up to dink and dunk Kentucky to death....

Sometimes a game has to be won in an ugly fashion. Singles, bunts, walks, sacs, steals ... I hope all 3 games become ugly - I don't think the Wildcats have been forced into those types of games yet this year... or at least too many of them ... we've faired better against hot teams by approaching it this way.

Hawgzinbowlz

pigture perfect

Ok Diamond Hogs! It's your turn to hold up the mantle of Razorback athletics. It's all about you (and spring football of course). Screw Kentucky!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

nesjunk

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 16, 2018, 02:41:53 pm
My only goals for this weekend are 3 competitive games and not getting swept at home.

If we are going to stake our claim as the best, we need to win our home series.  We are not the poor underdogs this season.  We aren't going to sneak up on anybody.  We need teams to fear us.  That starts by taking a series from a highly ranked team.  The time is now.

Pork Ranger

Dirty

Time switch my full attention to this sport!  Let's go Hogs!!!!

JHicks3636

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Pork Ranger

BroyledNutts

Quote from: nesjunk on March 16, 2018, 04:39:53 pm
If we are going to stake our claim as the best, we need to win our home series.  We are not the poor underdogs this season.  We aren't going to sneak up on anybody.  We need teams to fear us.  That starts by taking a series from a highly ranked team.  The time is now.

Oh I agree ... go out and show what we're made of ... I'm just really anxious that we're walking into a buzzsaw this weekend.

nesjunk

JHicks3636

Starting line-up for Kentucky

C  Squires        .373
CF Aslinski       .338
LF Pompey       .368
2B Becker        .306
1B Cottam       .317
DH Collett        .343
3B Heyer          .400
RF Johnson       .333
SS Dawson       .240
P   Hjelle          4-0, 1.35 era, 4 BB, 24 K

SPAL

JHicks3636

Starting line-up for ARKANSAS

SS BIGGERS          .286
RF COLE                .375
3B MARTIN            .417
DH BONFIELD        .362
CF FLETCHER         .190
1B McFARLAND      .407
LF KJERSTAD         .351
C  KOCH                .317
2B SHADDY           .280
P   KNIGHT             3-0, 0.78 era, 4 BB, 21 K

southeasthog

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 16, 2018, 05:17:18 pm
I'll have my hands full tonight.
The crap I saw posted in that forum "which I will not name" was horrendous. Thankfully we have folks like this and others who will ensure this forum will remain the best on Hogville. Go RAZORBACKS!

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 16, 2018, 05:54:58 pm
The crap I saw posted in that forum "which I will not name" was horrendous. Thankfully we have folks like this and others who will ensure this forum will remain the best on Hogville. Go RAZORBACKS!

Are there other forums on this site?

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 16, 2018, 05:56:49 pm
Are there other forums on this site?
Of course. Its called "Dickson Street Tavern." If you get time, check it out! :)

THUNDER!

BroyledNutts

SPAL

JHicks3636

I'm watching the Georgia-Alabama game and there are only 8 people sitting in all of the seats behind home plate and that is giving them credit for 3 fans that I can only see their legs in the frame.

onebadrubi

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 16, 2018, 06:09:50 pm
I'm watching the Georgia-Alabama game and there are only 8 people sitting in all of the seats behind home plate and that is giving them credit for 3 fans that I can only see their legs in the frame.

Thats just sad.  Bama pitcher seems to be lobbing it up there also.

Razorbacks#1

0                        Top 1st                 0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Kentucky          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Due in the 1st for Kentucky

1. Squires   .373
2. Aklinski   .338
3. Pompey   .368

Pudgepork

Tony Perkis

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

MissippHog

JHicks3636

Squires of Kentucky is up to kick off the SEC season, flies out to RF on the first pitch