Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big win for the Hogs.i love it Hogs 97 Olre Miss 93

Started by forrest city joe, January 20, 2018, 05:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorpimp

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 20, 2018, 06:36:15 pm
Ole miss was good today. For the year not so great. It was a good home win but we barely survived. 2 NCAA's in year 7 not good enough. If we fail to make it this year, MA needs to be shown the door. Plain and simple. Now go back to bashing FCJ for his love of hogs and MA.

Nobody bashes FCJoe Anderson for his love of the Hogs....his love of the hogs is the same as all of our love of the Hogs, except i guarantee I send more money to the university....we bash him for his blind love of everything Mike Anderson, but if he was my son I would love him no matter what too

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

razorpimp

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 20, 2018, 08:21:33 pm
Stop your whining and Anderson hating and just enjoy the win. you are just pissed off that the Hogs won.get over it

I'm not pissed my Hogs won, you know the school I graduated from in 2000.  But I will not stop my Anderson hating because my Hogs deserve better!

See Anderson is good enough for some of you, 3 NCAA trips in 7 years, a top 27 recruiting class which is his highest at Arkansas, losing too many top notch Arkansas kids, etc, etc....but I feel my Hogs deserve better!  So no I will not stop bashing your son until he becomes a better coach, quits, or gets fired!

I know he won't get fired this year, he has won just enough and firing a third African American coach would be a PR nightmare, but if he doesn't make the tourney this year then after next season he will be let go because next season might be rough.

So FCJoe Anderson enjoy your good enough Hogs!

Albert Einswine

What I'm seeing is a team that's getting trucked on the road and scraping by to beat middling teams at home. Am I wrong?

It doesn't instill confidence.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

golfinpig

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 20, 2018, 08:21:33 pm
Stop your whining and Anderson hating and just enjoy the win. you are just pissed off that the Hogs won.get over it
Sorry joe but razorpimp is exactly right. We don't play a lick of defense and if we don't shoot70% from 3 point range we lose easily. How many more games do you realistically think we can hit 70% of 3's. I say none.

golfinpig

Will we hear from joe if we lose the next 3 which are on the road?

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

UAGolfer1981

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 20, 2018, 05:02:07 pm
Congrats to our players and coaches on a good win today.Ole Miss is a good team.and the Hogs found a way to get the job done.happy and proud of our team.and congrats to the fans on another sellout.Mike Anderson and the Hogs are selling out Bud Walton again.i love it. GO HOGS.

Love your positive outlook.  You are right....we all need to celebrate WINS!

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hogsanity

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 05:49:06 pm
That's ridiculous. What if he makes a run then makes a good tournament run?

Hogs had to shoot 55% GO 11-22 FROM 3 AND hit 28 of 35 ft's jut to eek out a 4 pt win against an average at best ole miss team at home.  They are not going to put up those #'s every game, b they have shown they can not stop anyone from scoring. Basketball D is as bad as the football D was, and that is not good enough to make a run, not in this years SEC.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogBeliever625

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 20, 2018, 05:07:13 pm
LOL, this.  Kennedy is a good coach though, but he doesn't have a good team this year.
You better not want mike fired bc Kennedy has 2 tourneys in 10 years!

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: golfinpig on January 20, 2018, 09:13:22 pm
Will we hear from joe if we lose the next 3 which are on the road?

LMAO. You're kidding, right? If ya don't know Joe's schtick by now you're hopeless

It's come and rave about MA when the Hogs win then disappear for days on end after a loss

His obsession with mike has reached dangerous levels, to the point that if he's fired I'd worry about FCJs health. As for now tho, I'm more worried about Mikes health if FCJ kidnaps him and ties him up in the basement in the name of love......

forrest city joe

Quote from: razorpimp on January 20, 2018, 08:46:13 pm
I'm not pissed my Hogs won, you know the school I graduated from in 2000.  But I will not stop my Anderson hating because my Hogs deserve better!

See Anderson is good enough for some of you, 3 NCAA trips in 7 years, a top 27 recruiting class which is his highest at Arkansas, losing too many top notch Arkansas kids, etc, etc....but I feel my Hogs deserve better!  So no I will not stop bashing your son until he becomes a better coach, quits, or gets fired!

I know he won't get fired this year, he has won just enough and firing a third African American coach would be a PR nightmare, but if he doesn't make the tourney this year then after next season he will be let go because next season might be rough.

So FCJoe Anderson enjoy your good enough Hogs!
You can cry about Mike Anderson until the cows come home.he is going to be the coach here unless he leaves on his own. and it's because he is winning games,and selling out Bud Walton again.so you haters are in bad shape right now. so you may as well stop your whining.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 21, 2018, 08:31:19 am
You can cry about Mike Anderson until the cows come home.he is going to be the coach here unless he leaves on his own. and it's because he is winning games,and selling out Bud Walton again.so you haters are in bad shape right now. so you may as well stop your whining.

Joe, you've got to admit, it's fun to watch them whine and cry...absolutely beautiful... ha

forrest city joe

January 21, 2018, 08:45:24 am #64 Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:56:17 am by forrest city joe
Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 21, 2018, 08:34:37 am
Joe, you've got to admit, it's fun to watch them whine and cry...absolutely beautiful... ha
They are like little 3 year olds who did not get their way.they cry and cry and cry like Spoiled Brats.so when the Hogs win it pisses them off.they would rather the Hogs lose so Anderson gets fired.

Nickle-Pig

We had two so called easy games left and that was one of them. The next easy game is five games away. We will not win any of those five games if we can't do better.
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Nickle-Pig on January 21, 2018, 08:47:39 am
We had two so called easy games left and that was one of them. The next easy game is five games away. We will not win any of those five games if we can't do better.
The sky is falling,the sky is falling.you guys are always crying about something.how about letting the season play out?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 21, 2018, 08:59:37 am
The sky is falling,the sky is falling.you guys are always crying about something.how about letting the season play out?

Totally agree on letting the season play out before deciding if he should stay or go.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

forrest city joe

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 21, 2018, 09:08:28 am
Totally agree on letting the season play out before deciding if he should stay or go.
That's not what i posted. he's staying unless he leaves on his own.you may as well get use to that. Anderson will be your coach.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 21, 2018, 09:18:04 am
That's not what i posted. he's staying unless he leaves on his own.you may as well get use to that. Anderson will be your coach.
And the inexperienced TJ Cleveland will step right in even though he has zero head coaching background?

Albert Einswine

We should have thrown enough money at Brad Stevens after we fired Pelphrey that he could not have refused it. Hawgball would have been so much better than it is now.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hobhog

Nickle-Pig

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 21, 2018, 08:59:37 am

I didn't say all is lost I said we on on track to fail. I don't think I can stop the season and will gladly let it play out. I admire your sunshine.
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

PharmacistHog

I was agreeing with the "how bout we let the season play out" part.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Gonzo

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 21, 2018, 09:08:28 am

I agree with this sentiment, but I think it's funny you're responding to one of the absolute worst here at not doing so. Christening every win as a marvelous triumph over some basketball giant is no different than decrying every loss as the end of the world. Both sides of these infantile feuds are making this place (football too before the change) almost unbearable. Thankfully I rediscovered the ignore list, but now sometimes nearly half a page is missing on some threads, lol

Go Hogs!

hobhog

Why?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 21, 2018, 09:26:32 am

We should have thrown enough money at Brad Stevens after we fired Pelphrey that he could not have refused it. Hawgball would have been so much better than it is now.

He'd still be in the pro's by now... it's what he wanted to do... but we probably could have picked Krzyzewski....

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 21, 2018, 10:17:30 am
He'd still be in the pro's by now... it's what he wanted to do... but we probably could have picked Krzyzewski....

I don't know about that. If we had hit him with big cash he might have been content here. Butler couldn't pay him what he was worth.

Letsroll1200

The crazy thing about it is if Arkansas can beat Georgia they're 4th or 5th in the SEC. It's a long season. Georgia is not a good shooting team.

The OTR

Here's a question for Joe.  Would you still think keeping mike is the right thing if you knew that in the next six years we were only going to win 2 ncaa tournament games?  In six years would you look back and say maybe we should have gone in another direction?  I mean everyone has different expectations of our program. 

The OTR

Quote from: Gonzo on January 21, 2018, 10:04:41 am
I agree with this sentiment, but I think it's funny you're responding to one of the absolute worst here at not doing so. Christening every win as a marvelous triumph over some basketball giant is no different than decrying every loss as the end of the world. Both sides of these infantile feuds are making this place (football too before the change) almost unbearable. Thankfully I rediscovered the ignore list, but now sometimes nearly half a page is missing on some threads, lol

Go Hogs!

I just put you on ignore.  Sorry.

razorpimp

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 21, 2018, 10:29:40 am
The crazy thing about it is if Arkansas can beat Georgia they're 4th or 5th in the SEC. It's a long season. Georgia is not a good shooting team.

So if Georgia shoots lights out will you admit Arkansas is a terrible defensive team?

razorpimp

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 21, 2018, 08:31:19 am

I know he is going to be the coach here for a couple of reasons:

1) he has won enough for people like you who accept mediocrity
2) he has won enough that you can't fire an African American coach after we have already fired two out of the last three

I along with every one else on the board do not HATE Mike Anderson, he's a fine man, but he isn't good enough for my university that can become a basketball power again.

You use the word hater an awful lot to describe people....but you are actually the hater, you hated Pelphrey, Nutt, and Bielema! 

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razorpimp on January 21, 2018, 10:44:45 am
So if Georgia shoots lights out will you admit Arkansas is a terrible defensive team?

I'll admit right now, we're not a good defensive team. At times Beard, Macon and Barford are three of the worst perimeter defenders I've seen in a Razorback uniform. I thought Macon was much better against Ole Miss.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razorpimp on January 21, 2018, 10:44:45 am

Georgia is 13th in the SEC in 3 point percentage and 14th in scoring per game. They are also 12th in assist per game.

If we bring the intensity on defense this is a game the Hogs can get. Considering the start I will take 4-4.

elksnort

It's a shame that folks can't discuss basketball. Instead employment of terms like "haters" and "whinning" continue.

Let's talk basketball people.

To those of you who blindly or almost blindly support CMA, please address the following:
How well do you think the team is playing defense?
Are we going to continue shooting 70%  from 3?
If NOT, can we still win games with the way the defense is playing?
Should we press, trap, switch, etc when it doesnt work?

These are just a few questions that I and others would like to discuss. If you can't discuss these, then you are not contributing.
Of course, I will probably not get much in response. As Gonzo had stated, this board is almost exclusively an argue fest. This would be okay if it were about basketball.

elksnort

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 21, 2018, 10:57:53 am
Georgia is 13th in the SEC in 3 point percentage and 14th in scoring per game. They are also 12th in assist per game.

If we bring the intensity on defense this is a game the Hogs can get. Considering the start I will take 4-4.
I applaud you for talking basketball and presenting some facts. I might not always agree with you, but you at least are contributing now.

userpick

Better hope he makes the tourney. If he misses, his ass is toast.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: elksnort on January 21, 2018, 11:08:11 am
I applaud you for talking basketball and presenting some facts. I might not always agree with you, but you at least are contributing now.

Just keep watching

bhogs05

They will be a good shooting team with wide open 3s and layup drills

1highhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 20, 2018, 05:02:07 pm
Congrats to our players and coaches on a good win today.Ole Miss is a good team.and the Hogs found a way to get the job done.happy and proud of our team.and congrats to the fans on another sellout.Mike Anderson and the Hogs are selling out Bud Walton again.i love it. GO HOGS.

It's a rollar coaster season joe, we lose the next one against Georgia.

Gonzo

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 21, 2018, 10:40:56 am
I just put you on ignore.  Sorry.

Aww, now I'm torn, between the disappointment of being ignored and the cautious pleasure of having drawn Skandar's attention, and perhaps ire  ;)

Go Hogs!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 05:49:06 pm
That's ridiculous. What if he makes a run then makes a good tournament run?

He's still MA.  It has been covered on HV so many times that it's like a scratched CD. 

His system is, 110% effort will conquer all.  When the effort isn't there...we lose.  We can shoot poorly and still lose with the 100% effort, but without the effort....we are virtually certain to lose. 

If people are expecting big in-game adjustments, then they've come to the wrong place.  Never going to happen. 

I've just resigned myself to this....we have to hope that MA gets enough athletes in here with the right mix, that buy in and give 100% effort, that we can compete for SEC and NC's once in awhile.  That's just how I view it, and I'm not going to get on the "Fire MA bus" or the "Who should be our next coach" bus. 

That doesn't mean I'm not going to get frustrated at seeing the same things over and over though.  I doubt anyone is.  It's a worn out and meaningless cliche', but there's never been a better use for it.  "It is what it is." 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 21, 2018, 01:27:55 pm
He's still MA.  It has been covered on HV so many times that it's like a scratched CD. 

His system is, 110% effort will conquer all.  When the effort isn't there...we lose.  We can shoot poorly and still lose with the 100% effort, but without the effort....we are virtually certain to lose. 

If people are expecting big in-game adjustments, then they've come to the wrong place.  Never going to happen. 

I've just resigned myself to this....we have to hope that MA gets enough athletes in here with the right mix, that buy in and give 100% effort, that we can compete for SEC and NC's once in awhile.  That's just how I view it, and I'm not going to get on the "Fire MA bus" or the "Who should be our next coach" bus. 

That doesn't mean I'm not going to get frustrated at seeing the same things over and over though.  I doubt anyone is.  It's a worn out and meaningless cliche', but there's never been a better use for it.  "It is what it is." 

Yeah I know. I just think the fire mike folks and the keep mike folks are equally annoying. Obviously the entire season should dictate the future of the program.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 21, 2018, 01:35:21 pm
Yeah I know. I just think the fire mike folks and the keep mike folks are equally annoying. Obviously the entire season should dictate the future of the program.

It's debatable.  Right now, with the makeup of this team, it's my feeling that they should get the ball into Gafford's hands on every possession.  What I've never understood completely, is that if the goal is "wearing down the other team," then a solid motion offense on every possession will go further toward wearing out a team than any other method.  They can't call timeout...and they have to work tirelessly or be exposed.  Gafford is FAR from having a polished offensive game, but if he can make his free throws, they dynamic he adds is nothing but positive.  He can get the opposition in foul trouble, and start to work the "inside-out" game to give our better shooters a little more space if the opponent starts having to sink back to double Gafford. 

Running down and taking a quick three doesn't seem to be the best appoach for this squad.  They don't have the quickness, or the consistent effort, to play the helter skelter style of defense that makes the press, and half court trapping defense, effective.  So....why not adjust a little and at least try something different? 

I have seen us have some teams that rebounds significantly worse than this one.  However, I have NEVER seen a team that is less willing to try to stay in front of their man on the dribble.  Ever.  At times we do better, but without even taking into account the ball screen switches, we let the player by and run along beside them right to the basket to get a bird's eye view of the layup. 

Maybe that's effort...maybe that's quickness...I don't know, but you contrast that with how WE look on offense, and we don't have players blowing by defenders, because they move their feet and stay in front of us and make us work HARD to get an open shot.  On the surface, it almost looks as though we simply don't want to put forth the effort to play defense, and would rather get down to the other end and dribble, and make an amazing one on one move with the ball. 

I do believe that with this team, if we had a true point guard, and relentless effort....we can play with anyone.  I think that's why there's not a huge "Fire MA" push, or at least more discussion than there is currently.  I think everyone believes we're not reaching our potential, and that we tend to improve every season.  I'm sure that will be the case this year. 

I will add this.  The SEC is MUCH better this season from what I've seen.  So, for MA to do a little worse this year with losing Kingsley and Hannahs, is not surprising to me.  It's not a free pass to stink it up, but I do think our record can actually be a little worse, and still position us to make the NCAA as a result of the improved impression of the SEC. 

We'll see....  If he misses the tournament, I do think people will start to get restless, although I'm not sure it will be enough to seriously threaten MA's job.  It would take another year or two for that....I think.     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 21, 2018, 10:57:53 am

Georgia is the perfect team to break out the match up zone. Our man defense is being torched. We have to get an effective zone ready to take pressure off our guards who can't stop dribble penetration.

gchamblee

Good ole Hypocro City Joe, always here to be Mikes fluffer...

This team won't win reliably until they stop playing hero ball and start feeding the ball to Gafford and figure out how to play defense. Our entire strategy is hoping we make our shots and they miss theirs. We play street ball and it works if we are at home and the other team gets flustered.

hamsam

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 20, 2018, 08:16:24 pm
That signature line on FCJ is the best ever.

And I will keep it forever! The Hogs didn't win another meaningful game after that quote. Joe's approval is the kiss of death!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

tophawg19

January 21, 2018, 03:49:47 pm #98 Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:24:24 pm by tophawg19
and that isn't because he's a good coach.. he can't get a team to stay in the top 25 . clearly he isn't an elite coach. Arkansas produces great H/S talent every year . The Wings and our Other AAU teams are always very successful so recruiting should be better . Mike might be in the 75 best coaches . it's hard to tell because some small schools have a hard time getting good enough talent to judge their coaches . looks like Anderson can't get good assistants to work for him . It's time to find a coach who can return Arkansas back to the top 25 regularly and knows how to coach defense
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HoggyCat

Player of the game or not, Barford isn't that great. Yeah, his stat line was nice yeesterday, but we had theee straight trips with motif to show for it directly due to him.  Two turnovers and an ill-advised three. Along with other first half turnovers. Game in and game out. And a ball hog.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.