Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Visits?

Started by PorkSoda, January 18, 2018, 12:54:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkSoda

Does anyone know what weekends in january they will be hosting official visitors and who they will be hosting?

I think that should give a good indication on who our primary targets are (and that we actually have a chance of signing)

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

I found this list, but don't know if its complete

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2018-Football/Visits

looks like this weekend is the biggest,

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

colbs

Danny West is saying Mario Goodrich is going to visit.

FraggleHog

Quote from: colbs on January 18, 2018, 01:02:36 pm
Danny West is saying Mario Goodrich is going to visit.

He's at Georgia this weekend, Ole Miss next weekend, then Florida on 2/2. NSD is 2/7. Which weekend did Danny say he is coming?
Calling the Hogs from DFW

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 18, 2018, 01:25:19 pm
He's at Georgia this weekend, Ole Miss next weekend, then Florida on 2/2. NSD is 2/7. Which weekend did Danny say he is coming?
No inside info here but I would assume they try to bump the Ole Miss visit. They are also trying to get big 4* WR Miles Battle to cancel his ole miss visit next week and visit here instead, let's see if it happens.

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

ricepig

Visitors this weekend:
Noland
Robinson
Alexander
Johnson
Boyd
Brule
Parker
Foucha
Wilson

colbs

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2018, 07:13:12 pm
Visitors this weekend:
Noland
Robinson
Alexander
Johnson
Boyd
Brule
Parker
Foucha
Wilson

Joseph Foucha?  Nice!

racinghog

the Parker kid is under rated. Kid closes to ball with instinct. Like this kid, raw talent but if he is intelligent he can play.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: racinghog on January 18, 2018, 10:33:02 pm
the Parker kid is under rated. Kid closes to ball with instinct. Like this kid, raw talent but if he is intelligent he can play.

According to his twitter page, he has a 3.82 GPA and a 22 on the ACT, shouldn't be a problem.

We have been looking at a LB from SC also, Jaylen Moody. He has an offer from OM and some small schools. He posted on twitter that he has an offer from us now.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

imtad16

Quote from: colbs on January 18, 2018, 07:51:55 pm
Joseph Foucha?  Nice!

How Joseph Foucha is not a 4 star is baffling. Look at his offers.  As a recruiting service you have to factor in as apart of the formula the offer list somehow. If a kid has Bama, Auburn, LSU, FSU, Michigan, Miss State, OU, Oregon, A&M, TCU, Tenn, VA Tech, and UCLA offers he is a 4 star. The true litmus test in this case though is if a Louisiana kid has an LSU offer he is a 4 star. It doesn't mean if a Louisiana kid doesn't have an LSU offer he shouldn't be because we have certainly had our fair share of players from Louisiana that were unoffered 4 stars by them that made a big impact for us, but LSU has a pretty decent strangle hold on those 4 stars and above in their state.

I hope we get this kid. I would love to land he and Myles Mason.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Joseph-Foucha-95450/RecruitInterests

MP24

There's a chance Mario Goodrich's OV could be moved up to the 26th.
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

WOOPIGDOOIE

So many quality players coming coming on OVs. I wish we could sign them all

FraggleHog

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Kevin

we got morons on there criticizing him.

love the enthusiasm. this is how you create so mojo where there is none.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SouthBeach

Visitors this weekend:
Noland
Robinson
Alexander
Johnson
Boyd
Brule
Parker
Foucha
Wilson

Just boarded plane in Dallas with 3 or 4 of these guys. Johnson is one of them. What's protocol.....start calling the hogs?

FraggleHog

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 01:04:48 pm
we got morons on there criticizing him.

love the enthusiasm. this is how you create so mojo where there is none.

He had a good response... And I agree that it is the most important recruiting weekend for the FUTURE of Razorback Football... until the next one  ;)

SouthBeach

Silas Robinson is another on board. Like his demeanor.....Looks like he's expecting/wants to put on a helmet and pads when he gets off the plane this afternoon and start practicing.

PorkSoda

Quote from: SouthBeach on January 19, 2018, 02:30:43 pm
Just boarded plane in Dallas with 3 or 4 of these guys. Johnson is one of them. What's protocol.....start calling the hogs?
get the stewardess to do it over the intercom

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 19, 2018, 01:00:10 pm
A bit of hyperbole, but I love the enthusiasm.

Like he replied: it IS the most important because it is the most recent, "live in the now" is part of the actual quote.

Some of the recruiting gimmicks remind me of when Hooty had a copy of the Batmobile there to greet Ahmad "Batman" Carroll.

The 5 star recruit from Georgia could have been a great player had he heeded the advice of the rock band from his home state, The Georgia Satellites. "Don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself"...

If a player had been a 5 star lineman nicknamed "Mongo" would Hooty have had a guy slug a horse in front of the Broyles Complex?
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

Visitors this weekend:
Noland
Robinson
Alexander
Johnson
Boyd
Brule
Parker
Foucha
Wilson

Danny West just tweeted that a "big time recruit" who officially visited in Dec. is back on an unofficial visit now. Myles Mason?

Airforcehawg

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 19, 2018, 04:02:10 pm
Danny West just tweeted that a "big time recruit" who officially visited in Dec. is back on an unofficial visit now. Myles Mason?

Yup...according to RD

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jan/19/arkansas-official-visitors-updates/

ricepig

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 19, 2018, 04:02:10 pm

Yep, that's got to be seen as great news.

PlanoHog

OU did not hold Johnson's feet to the fire not to visit UA. Read into that what you will.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: ricepig on January 19, 2018, 04:14:31 pm
Yep, that's got to be seen as great news.

Thanks, good deal! Sounds like he is recruiting for us now maybe, to pay his own way from AL. Good school to get a foot in the door in as well.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: PlanoHog on January 19, 2018, 05:10:25 pm
OU did not hold Johnson's feet to the fire not to visit UA. Read into that what you will.

Hmmm. Plus, isn't one of the Stoops boys visiting this weekend? They may not have room for Johnson, I believe they signed around 20 in Dec.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 19, 2018, 03:13:06 pm
Like he replied: it IS the most important because it is the most recent, "live in the now" is part of the actual quote.

Some of the recruiting gimmicks remind me of when Hooty had a copy of the Batmobile there to greet Ahmad "Batman" Carroll.

The 5 star recruit from Georgia could have been a great player had he heeded the advice of the rock band from his home state, The Georgia Satellites. "Don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself"...

If a player had been a 5 star lineman nicknamed "Mongo" would Hooty have had a guy slug a horse in front of the Broyles Complex?

Worked didn't it.!?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Bubba's Bruisers

Johnson?  As in Brian Johnson?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Hogindasticks

SooieGeneris

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 19, 2018, 07:53:55 pm
Worked didn't it.!?

It seemed to from what he said. He could have been one of the greats here if he could have just quit holding so much..

buldozer

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 19, 2018, 08:46:10 pm
Excellent Group!  WPS! :-*

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-recruiting-2018-class-official-visitors?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DawgNationDaily&utm_source=SEC+Country&utm_campaign=a7e61266ce-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_34a1f5afd3-a7e61266ce-91828841

8 new visitors and not a 4 star or higher ranked player in the lot. Sure feels reminiscent of the last coach who seemed content to try to coach up 3 star players and seldom got any blue chip players as it came down to the wire on signing day. Yea I understand about how there are diamonds in the rough and all that but you can't make your living off of finding those and coaching up lower ranked kids in this league. It is proven over and over to win championships you must recruit higher ranked players in the SEC. When the bamas and georgias are signing mostly 4 & 5 star players, we will never compete day in and day out with 2& 3 star players. Just not going to happen.

Right now there are three 4 star recruits on the radar for 2018 according to this report. Lets hope they close the deal on at least one of those.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-football-recruiting-latest-updates-razorbacks-class?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DawgNationDaily&utm_source=SEC+Country&utm_campaign=a7e61266ce-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_34a1f5afd3-a7e61266ce-91828841

I hope this is just an anomaly due to how late CCM got in the game here and how quickly NSD is approaching. Going forward into the 2019 class will tell the tale for sure.... and I hope to see some blue chip players making their way onto our football roster.

blu

Not a big star gazer myself. There are plenty of 3-star rated players who can compete in big time SEC football. Our coaches are excited about the guys they're bringing in. Hope we get some of 'em.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

colbs

Quote from: buldozer on January 20, 2018, 04:16:39 am
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-recruiting-2018-class-official-visitors?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DawgNationDaily&utm_source=SEC+Country&utm_campaign=a7e61266ce-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_34a1f5afd3-a7e61266ce-91828841

8 new visitors and not a 4 star or higher ranked player in the lot. Sure feels reminiscent of the last coach who seemed content to try to coach up 3 star players and seldom got any blue chip players as it came down to the wire on signing day. Yea I understand about how there are diamonds in the rough and all that but you can't make your living off of finding those and coaching up lower ranked kids in this league. It is proven over and over to win championships you must recruit higher ranked players in the SEC. When the bamas and georgias are signing mostly 4 & 5 star players, we will never compete day in and day out with 2& 3 star players. Just not going to happen.

Right now there are three 4 star recruits on the radar for 2018 according to this report. Lets hope they close the deal on at least one of those.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-football-recruiting-latest-updates-razorbacks-class?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DawgNationDaily&utm_source=SEC+Country&utm_campaign=a7e61266ce-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_34a1f5afd3-a7e61266ce-91828841

I hope this is just an anomaly due to how late CCM got in the game here and how quickly NSD is approaching. Going forward into the 2019 class will tell the tale for sure.... and I hope to see some blue chip players making their way onto our football roster.

Joseph Foucha has offers from Bama, Auburn, Michigan, LSU, OU, and and many others.  Myles Mason has offers from Bama, Auburn, FSU, and others.   Aaron Brule has offers from Georgia, TCU, MSU, and others.  Tyree Wilson has offers from Texas, A&M, Florida and others. 

King Kong

Quote from: colbs on January 20, 2018, 07:41:07 am
Joseph Foucha has offers from Bama, Auburn, Michigan, LSU, OU, and and many others.  Myles Mason has offers from Bama, Auburn, FSU, and others.   Aaron Brule has offers from Georgia, TCU, MSU, and others.  Tyree Wilson has offers from Texas, A&M, Florida and others.

And players Boyd and Joseph Foucha have been rated 4 stars in the past by recruiting services. It's a very impressive group this weekend

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on January 20, 2018, 07:41:07 am

Don't waste your time, the only he'd be happy with is if all the games were in WMS.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: King Kong on January 20, 2018, 08:03:10 am
And players Boyd and Joseph Foucha have been rated 4 stars in the past by recruiting services. It's a very impressive group this weekend
I was reading about the visitors and my mind kept thinking Foucha was a 4* when we initially started recruiting him, then I thought well maybe not, guess I was right. 3* or no * I seem to also recall really wanting Boyd when he went to A&M.

rljjr

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 20, 2018, 09:30:10 am
I was reading about the visitors and my mind kept thinking Foucha was a 4* when we initially started recruiting him, then I thought well maybe not, guess I was right. 3* or no * I seem to also recall really wanting Boyd when he went to A&M.

Boyd and Foucha are both 4-stars in my brain as well. The entire list of recruits is good. The issue is now we have a lot of good prospects and only 6-8 slots. That's going to be tough for the coaches to choose.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on January 20, 2018, 09:40:39 am
Boyd and Foucha are both 4-stars in my brain as well. The entire list of recruits is good. The issue is now we have a lot of good prospects and only 6-8 slots. That's going to be tough for the coaches to choose.

And a MSU commit back for an unofficial, an OU commit, and aTm commit visiting, sounds like low rated prospects.....

hawginbigd1

Quote from: rljjr on January 20, 2018, 09:40:39 am
Right, how do you not accept the commitment of any of the visitors? I mean if Mason and Foucha commit then maybe Wheat and Parker or Moody don't have a spot? Got to be tough to thread that needle!

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 20, 2018, 09:48:34 am
Right, how do you not accept the commitment of any of the visitors? I mean if Mason and Foucha commit then maybe Wheat and Parker or Moody don't have a spot? Got to be tough to thread that needle!
I figure if Mason and Foucha commit, then brule and wheat will be out.

SooieGeneris

If you get here too late to get many 4-5 stars to visit, you take the best 3's or the best you can get. Mason's offer list along with some of the others are better than those of some 4 star players.

We and other programs have 4 star players who can't get on the field. We had a 5 a few years back who transferred after one year and another, a CB who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. How and why that is too much for some to comprehend is beyond me. Would they rather see those spots left unfilled or given to walk ons?

ImHogginIt

I'll take a whole roster full of 3 stars with offer lists like these guys have

hobhog

Got a good ovation when entered basketball game per my son.....

Oklahawg

Quote from: buldozer on January 20, 2018, 04:16:39 am

Load of horseshit. Let's use a respected resource for recruiting ratings, first. Understand recruiting better than this (CBB did a "better than Petrino or Nutt" recruiting "stars" - well documented on HV), second. Finally, don't troll.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra