Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Crystal Ball Pick for Myles Mason

Started by SooieGeneris, January 13, 2018, 12:31:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SooieGeneris

Not from a Homer, from a Barner no less:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Myles-Mason-at-Hewitt-Trussville-194916/CurrentExpertPredictions

The in home with Chavis and Cooper must have gone well. Would be a very good pick up.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

imtad16

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 13, 2018, 12:31:57 am
Not from a Homer, from a Barner no less:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Myles-Mason-at-Hewitt-Trussville-194916/CurrentExpertPredictions

The in home with Chavis and Cooper must have gone well. Would be a very good pick up.

I think Mason could be much like Scoota Harris. A 3 star with a Bama offer with other good offers as well that plays on a 4 star level for us.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: imtad16 on January 13, 2018, 01:19:42 am
I think Mason could be much like Scoota Harris. A 3 star with a Bama offer with other good offers as well that plays on a 4 star level for us.
kid is a 4* all damn day. Why quote him as a 3* when he is a 4* on other sites? I've never understood this; only Hog fans do it, too. Every other fan base quotes the HIGHEST star a guy has.

So, with that said, FOUR STAR Safety Myles Mason has NFL bloodlines, and I believe he's going to flip to Arkansas. 11th best rated player in the state. WPS/

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/220719/myles-mason
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

imtad16

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 13, 2018, 11:17:40 am
kid is a 4* all damn day. Why quote him as a 3* when he is a 4* on other sites? I've never understood this; only Hog fans do it, too. Every other fan base quotes the HIGHEST star a guy has.

So, with that said, FOUR STAR Safety Myles Mason has NFL bloodlines, and I believe he's going to flip to Arkansas. 11th best rated player in the state. WPS/

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/220719/myles-mason

I just always go 247 composite. His offers look like he should be a consensus 4 star. I think he is gonna be really good regardless.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: imtad16 on January 13, 2018, 11:28:37 am

I just always go 247 composite. I think he is gonna be really good regardless.
i get that. But THAT is lazy. You do research like the old staff recruited....  8)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

imtad16

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 13, 2018, 11:31:19 am
i get that. But THAT is lazy. You do research like the old staff recruited....  8)

Do I get the same buy out?

SooieGeneris

Stars don't matter as much as the offer list far as I'm concerned. We have recruited 4 stars that couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.. turned out their offer list wasn't as good as a lot of 3s.

Offers from: Alabama, Auburn, FSU, LSU etc. That's all I need to see. Then you have the star gazers who say: "but these were not 'committable' offers" or they "were the last guy on 'Bama's list" etc.

I got news for these dodos, the last guy on Bama's list is better than nearly any player on most lists and a lot better than some 4.9 forty safety from Possum Grape that some poster on here will say is better than anybody we signed..

What are his NFL bloodlines? I hadn't heard that about him, I just knew he was a kid we needed to get.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

imtad16

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 13, 2018, 11:49:05 am
Stars don't matter as much as the offer list far as I'm concerned. We have recruited 4 stars that couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.. turned out their offer list wasn't as good as a lot of 3s.

Offers from: Alabama, Auburn, FSU, LSU etc. That's all I need to see. Then you have the star gazers who say: "but these were not 'committable' offers" or they "were the last guy on 'Bama's list" etc.

I got news for these dodos, the last guy on Bama's list is better than nearly any player on most lists and a lot better than some 4.9 forty safety from Possum Grape that some poster on here will say is better than anybody we signed..

What are his NFL bloodlines? I hadn't heard that about him, I just knew he was a kid we needed to get.

His dad, Larry Mason, played a few seasons in the NFL for the Browns and Packers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Mason

rljjr

jgphillips3

Offer list = Scoreboard
Stars = Stats

I'll take scoreboard over stats anytime.

HogBreath

Quote from: imtad16 on January 13, 2018, 11:33:06 am
Do I get the same buy out?
Can't get the same buyout, but how bout some body by Herb broke feets?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 13, 2018, 03:55:02 pm
Offer list = Scoreboard
Stars = Stats

I'll take scoreboard over stats anytime.
why, the dude literally has BOTH; THATS MY WHOLE POINT lol.

He is a 4*, who has offers from EVERYONE>

parallaxpig

Didn't he visit this weekend on his own dime. Anybody got info on if he is gonna pull the trigger. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 21, 2018, 05:25:23 pm
Didn't he visit this weekend on his own dime. Anybody got info on if he is gonna pull the trigger. 

Says he is still a MSU commit, and might take some other visits, but you wonder why he drove 9hrs when he could have taken a free one?

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2018, 05:28:04 pm
Says he is still a MSU commit, and might take some other visits, but you wonder why he drove 9hrs when he could have taken a free one?

Very curious......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

SooieGeneris

Sounds like he may be torn now that it's getting close to signing day. However, like the above poster, I can't see him driving all the way from AL on his own dime if he's not coming here. He could have had a paid visit elsewhere with only 2 weekends left before Feb. 7..

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Let's see... 18 years old. Free food, people telling you how great you are and possibly girls hanging around... I can't see why either.  ::)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Steef

Crazy good offer list > anybodys star rating.

Be a Hog!!

King Kong

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 21, 2018, 05:38:58 pm
Let's see... 18 years old. Free food, people telling you how great you are and possibly girls hanging around... I can't see why either.  ::)

He was on an unofficial. The food wasn't paid for by us

RockyMtnHog

A player can be a 4* or a 5* but the minute he commits to or signs with Arkansas, the media drops him to a 3*.  Hopefully CCM can change this for the better.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

bphi11ips

Hewitt-Trussville is a football factory. Good kids, too.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

tophawg19

we need a player or two in his position. and I also use 247 composite . that way you compare the players by the same standard . Not hunting for one that makes him look good . this kids offer sheet is impressive
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

parallaxpig

You think he might be a "silent" commit?

ricepig

Porkerpower

Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure someone will, but doesn't these kids get reimbursed for gas money even on an unofficial?

imtad16

HawgSZN

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

colbs

Quote from: Porkerpower on January 22, 2018, 12:39:07 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure someone will, but doesn't these kids get reimbursed for gas money even on an unofficial?
Nope.  Maybe on a official visit but not unofficial.