Let's make it a poll

Yes, send Mark Smith back and hire James Shibest
18 (11.1%)
No, keep Mark Smith and forget Shibest
144 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Dwight_K_Shrute

Very disappointed that this thread hasn't be sent to the Trash yet
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Kevin

If shibest was not a former hog would you want him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dirty

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 12, 2018, 05:27:38 pm

Exactly. Because the world revolves around you.

Earth literally revolves with precision around your head. If you've not mowed your .34 acres, the universe knows it. It's on 60 Minutes. It's a top story.

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Dirty on January 12, 2018, 05:36:51 pm
Are JS family member?

I'm not sure. If he's Scottish, we're linked back there eventually. So probably, yes.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 12, 2018, 04:59:31 pm
I vehemently deny acting like a 6

I am not a 6, and I resent the implication

I just went from 6 to midnight
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 12, 2018, 05:27:38 pm

It's the offseason, not much else to talk about.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 12, 2018, 05:10:34 pm
11 voters in this poll understand the game

that's it

This poll must be embarrassing for you.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hoglady

Quote from: ElDawgHawg on January 12, 2018, 01:54:37 pm
Shibest is the person who absolutely RUINED the best place kicker prospect we've had on campus in recent memory.  He turned O'Donohoe from a kid that was money from 50+ into a guy that could shank an EP at any time all because he wanted him to kick HIS way.
I have firsthand info on this.  I know the behind the scenes stuff on what happened.  No Shibest for me.

O'Donahoe missed some critical game winning kicks in high school.
I think he had problems handling the pressure.
Not saying the coaching staff couldn't have helped him through it or didn't mess with his form - he certainly had the leg to be a great kicker.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 12, 2018, 05:57:13 pm
This poll must be embarrassing for you.  ;D

the opposite

it reaffirms what I already knew

;D

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: hoglady on January 12, 2018, 06:06:19 pm
O'Donahoe missed some critical game winning kicks in high school.
I think he had problems handling the pressure.
Not saying the coaching staff couldn't have helped him through it or didn't mess with his form - he certainly had the leg to be a great kicker.

Arkansas high school coaches being "smarter than the Razorback coaches" is a narrative going back to at least John Outlaw I think

texhog22

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci