Previous topic - Next topic

Let's make it a poll

Yes, send Mark Smith back and hire James Shibest
18 (11.1%)
No, keep Mark Smith and forget Shibest
144 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 162

rogersvillemohog

The only way I would support Shibest coming back is if he brought Reggie Fish and Peyton Hillis back to return punts. Of course, we cannot forget about the ole Shibest Special too, sky kicks in the final seconds while up by less than a field goal.  :puke:

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

ElDawgHawg

Shibest is the person who absolutely RUINED the best place kicker prospect we've had on campus in recent memory.  He turned O'Donohoe from a kid that was money from 50+ into a guy that could shank an EP at any time all because he wanted him to kick HIS way.
I have firsthand info on this.  I know the behind the scenes stuff on what happened.  No Shibest for me.
#WPS

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on January 12, 2018, 01:51:24 pm
....sky kicks in the final seconds while up by less than a field goal.  :puke:

that would have been Nutt's call, not Shibest's

wedge56

Tend to believe the head coach should make this call.

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: ElDawgHawg on January 12, 2018, 01:54:37 pm
Shibest is the person who absolutely RUINED the best place kicker prospect we've had on campus in recent memory.  He turned O'Donohoe from a kid that was money from 50+ into a guy that could shank an EP at any time all because he wanted him to kick HIS way.
I have firsthand info on this.  I know the behind the scenes stuff on what happened.  No Shibest for me.

of course. You "have firsthand info"

right

and of course, he sucks so bad, he's routinely named the top special teams coach in the nation

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: ElDawgHawg on January 12, 2018, 01:54:37 pm

He and TCTWF ran Dan Bailey off to Oklahoma State too. Idiocy.  ::)
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

HogginUp

Danny J

Quote from: wedge56 on January 12, 2018, 01:56:53 pm
Tend to believe the head coach should make this call.
Disagree...it should be people on HV making these decisions.

ElDawgHawg

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 12, 2018, 01:58:30 pm
of course. You "have firsthand info"

right

and of course, he sucks so bad, he's routinely named the top special teams coach in the nation

I'm sure you have no connection at all to anything remotely Razorback.... but I do. 

I coached O'Donohoe in HS.  Did you?  ....yeah I didn't think so....... don't try to punk me dude! 
#WPS

wedge56

Quote from: Danny J on January 12, 2018, 02:08:39 pm
Disagree...it should be people on HV making these decisions.

Sorry.  Rookie mistake. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ElDawgHawg

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2018, 02:14:08 pm
this should be trashed

agreed... the author didn't want opinions... or facts... he wanted yes men....
#WPS

DeltaBoy

No on Shibest he followed Nutt to Ole Miss and acted like a 6 toward us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Johnny Bobo

tough guy who coached a kicker in high school

nice

Inhogswetrust

January 12, 2018, 02:26:38 pm #15 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:56:11 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 12, 2018, 02:21:16 pm

He acted like a little baby on the sideline sometimes when he was an assistant coach for us. Once IF I had been his head coach or AD I would have given him a warning not to taunt an opposing teams player on the sideline like a 6 year old the way he did. I was shocked he didn't get a penalty from the Ref.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jackflash

what happen to Hogs fans not giving someone a  chance

opineonswine

January 12, 2018, 02:36:13 pm #17 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:04:36 pm by opineonswine

He was a total ass.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jackflash on January 12, 2018, 02:27:10 pm

Kind of depends on IF that someone had already been here before and it's believed another chance is warranted.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 12, 2018, 02:21:16 pm
How do you act like a 6?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

SDZ_Hog

ElDawgHawg

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 12, 2018, 02:26:05 pm

nice

You started it by questioning my "facts"
now you play the victim.....

nice
#WPS

snoblind

Albert Swinestein

nice

nice

You were just made a fool and instead of acknowledging the idiocy of your post, you dig deeper. 

PharmacistHog

Shibest might could have saved bielema. Damn shame HE didnt bring him back.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Johnny Bobo

8 voters to the affirmative for Shibest can't be wrong

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: ElDawgHawg on January 12, 2018, 02:54:13 pm

nice

Not at all. Not a victim at all.

And thank you for admitting that you're doubting your own info by putting "facts" in quotations

I can live with people who admit they're wrong. Thanks for that.

RedBird5

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 12, 2018, 01:56:45 pm
that would have been Nutt's call, not Shibest's

Unfortunately that's not the case.  Being on campus from 97-02, yes I enjoyed an extra year, and hanging out with a bunch of guys that played, this isn't quite true. Heard first hand many stories from Steorner, Matt, Cedric, Money, Ritchie Butler  and many more guys discussing the lack of leadership in that regard.  Houston is a nice guy and they did all like him, but he certainly did not exercise as much control as you'd be led to  believe

ricepig

Quote from: jackflash on January 12, 2018, 02:27:10 pm

You really think Bobo deserves a chance?

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Albert Swinestein on January 12, 2018, 02:58:37 pm
You were just made a fool and instead of acknowledging the idiocy of your post, you dig deeper.

the kicking coach got me

he certainly knows a crapload more than James Shibest

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on January 12, 2018, 02:45:41 pm
ever heard "cover your 6"  ?
Yes I have, but that would be covering.  Not acting like a 6, as mentioned.  Not the same.

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

secfan30

nice

I looked at it as a person who has first hand knowledge while also being a coach. Yet I'm not a troll, so to each his own.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on January 12, 2018, 03:19:29 pm
Yes I have, but that would be covering.  Not acting like a 6, as mentioned.  Not the same.
well,  maybe he should just say "A double S"

HogPokerPlayer

Lol. Coming from first hand experience at HDN and Shibest special teams practice, I really don't know how good of a ST coach Shibest is/was.  He was never involved.
Special teams practice consisted of the kickers going to DWR field and kicking about 15-20 field goals a day on there own w/ a GA.  There was no "coaching" involved.  At the end of practice, the 1st team kicker closes it out w/ a made FG. Sometimes the 2nd teamer as well.  That's about it.  And that was mostly just looking at the blocking scheme.

He could be a great coach for all I know, but there was none happening.  Could be due to HDN's philosophy.

BassinHawg

Nope, James Shibest and Keith Burns made their beds and burned bridges with their comments about Arkansas after they left with Nutt.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

redeye

Shibest should continue following Nutt and retire.

HawgTide

Quote from: ElDawgHawg on January 12, 2018, 02:16:32 pm
agreed... the author didn't want opinions... or facts... he wanted yes men....

It takes a special kind of turd to get 1300 smites in a month

Boog41

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 12, 2018, 03:38:39 pm
Nope, James Shibest and Keith Burns made their beds and burned bridges with their comments about Arkansas after they left with Nutt.

Keith Burns didn't leave with Nutt. He took the head coaching job at Tulsa after only being at Arkansas for two years.

Did he have bad things to say? I don't remember hearing that.

hogsanity

Quote from: ElDawgHawg on January 12, 2018, 02:54:13 pm

nice

I have to ask why you created an account on Dec 4th 2012, posted one time in the " it's gundy " thread, then did not post again for exactly 5 years? I find that most curious. Been several account like that show up recently.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OneTuskOverTheLine™

nice
I thought you could do better than that Bobo.. That was weak... Get back in there and shoe him you Shibest lunch schedule...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 12, 2018, 03:16:30 pm
the kicking coach got me

he certainly knows a crapload more than James Shibest
Better, but not quite there...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

swineology

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 12, 2018, 01:38:15 pm
pretty simple math

This post is in the top 5 of one of the dumbest post ever on Hogville.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on January 12, 2018, 03:27:47 pm
well,  maybe he should just say "A double S"
That would be "ass", not 6.  Even urban dictionary doesn't have a meaning for "acting like a 6".  My question was pointed at Delta.  I would prefer his answer over yours.

Johnny Bobo

I vehemently deny acting like a 6

I am not a 6, and I resent the implication

Johnny Bobo

11 voters in this poll understand the game

that's it

ricepig

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 12, 2018, 05:10:34 pm
11 voters in this poll understand the game

that's it

Looks like you finally have enough for a team.....

Wild Bill Hog

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: ricepig on January 12, 2018, 05:11:42 pm
Looks like you finally have enough for a team.....

up to 14 now

we know how you voted

rookie

pghawg1

Just think if you can get 11 more you can have a complete team for u and James to coach.