• 390,388 Topics
• 22,087 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Offer  (Read 606 times)

Hogtired10

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
New Offer
« on: January 09, 2018, 08:25:16 pm »

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/948368421540057088

If we can get her it will help with our height difference.

flippinhogmana

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Nathan J Allison - Brothers to the Bone Books
Re: New Offer
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 11:08:13 pm »

good find hogtired.  She is just blowing up, not highly rated nationally yet, but she will come on.  She is into music and other things that should make her a good fit with Neighbors and the other girls already there.  She is also (at 6-4) the big girl we need in the 2019 class.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

flippinhogmana

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 06:54:35 am »

Jadyn Byrd is a junior who was an honorable mention all-stater last year.  She was averaging a double double (16 pts and 10 boards) at the time of her mid season transfer from 5A East Central.  There are a lot of good girls basketball programs in her conference, Claremore, a couple of premier Catholic schools with good girls programs, Booker T. Washington, McClain, Rogers, Durant, Pryor and several others among others - to even stiffer competition at 6A Jenks (where she will face Union, BA, Owasso and others).

She may not be quite as much a defensive presence as Maryam Douda, but she is more developed overall.  But landing both of them in successive years would give us the size - along with Destinee Odberg from Minnesota -
 to not back up from anyone in the SEC inside in a couple of years.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:30:07 am by flippinhogmana »

psycHOGlogist

• Skepticism is a virtue.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 08:13:01 am »

\ But landing both of them in successive years would give us the size - along with Destinee Odberg from Minnesota -
 to not back up from anyone in the SEC inside in a couple of years.

This sentence made me smile very big. Of course, we are on other 2019 bigs, as well. But yeah ... this would be cool.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:28:30 am »

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/948368421540057088

If we can get her it will help with our height difference.

I love it and glad she is close but Unfortunately a 2019 recruit.  We need help now. 

Is the guess for next year still a big who is a JUCO or a graduate transfer????

LadybackBBFan

• Senior
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 11:56:32 am »

Does anyone know much about this young lady who plays for West Helena Central and graduates this spring and is not signed.
Correction! 2018 Unsigned Guard J'Tyia Thomas had a DOUBLE DOUBLE with 33pts, 15 rebounds, 4 steals, 4 assists, & 1 block.

https://twitter.com/ARBballRankings/status/951216450504724480

flippinhogmana

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 12:29:41 pm »

Does anyone know much about this young lady who plays for West Helena Central and graduates this spring and is not signed.
Correction! 2018 Unsigned Guard J'Tyia Thomas had a DOUBLE DOUBLE with 33pts, 15 rebounds, 4 steals, 4 assists, & 1 block.

https://twitter.com/ARBballRankings/status/951216450504724480

It might be different on premium recruiting sites but the amount of information available on high school womens prospects is rather underwhelming.  I couldnt find anything on this girl.   But then I could find anything on prospects nation or hoopgurlz on Jadyn Byrd (had to find it on Tulsa newspaper articles), or the Bentonville girl either.

LadybackBBFan

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 02:03:54 pm »

It might be different on premium recruiting sites but the amount of information available on high school womens prospects is rather underwhelming.  I couldnt find anything on this girl.   But then I could find anything on prospects nation or hoopgurlz on Jadyn Byrd (had to find it on Tulsa newspaper articles), or the Bentonville girl either.
  Well I am with you on everything - I had the same problem.

flippinhogmana

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 08:04:04 am »

I will keep the board posted as much as possible on Jadyn, this is the latest article because she is not eligible yet at her new school until the 18th this month (five days away) She is however now recognized as one of Oklahoma's best despite not being on the board at all last year.  She has emerged quickly after starting to get playing time late last year.  Here is an article on her from the Tulsa World.

Jadyn Byrd
Jenks • Junior • Center

Always a long child, measured 23½ inches at birth, said her mother, Janar Byrd (Green). Now stands 6-foot-4. Emerged as an East Central sophomore last season and had four points and five rebounds in a 51-44 win over Ardmore in the 5A championship game. Averaging 16 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks this season before moving to Jenks over the Christmas break. Will be eligible for the Trojans on Jan. 18. Got college recruiters’ attention by dominating AAU showcase tournaments last summer. Has scholarship offers from the likes of Florida, Clemson, Louisiana Tech, Florida International,

flippinhogmana

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 08:37:10 am »

Jadyn will have at least twenty games with the Trojans.  I will try to attend one of them after some time of her integrating with her new team.  Possibilities include the Bixby or Owasso games coming up the 23rd and the 26th respectively.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas