Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Offer

Started by Hogtied85, January 09, 2018, 08:25:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtied85

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/948368421540057088

If we can get her it will help with our height difference.

flippinhogmana

good find hogtired.  She is just blowing up, not highly rated nationally yet, but she will come on.  She is into music and other things that should make her a good fit with Neighbors and the other girls already there.  She is also (at 6-4) the big girl we need in the 2019 class.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

January 10, 2018, 06:54:35 am #2 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:30:07 am by flippinhogmana
Jadyn Byrd is a junior who was an honorable mention all-stater last year.  She was averaging a double double (16 pts and 10 boards) at the time of her mid season transfer from 5A East Central.  There are a lot of good girls basketball programs in her conference, Claremore, a couple of premier Catholic schools with good girls programs, Booker T. Washington, McClain, Rogers, Durant, Pryor and several others among others - to even stiffer competition at 6A Jenks (where she will face Union, BA, Owasso and others).

She may not be quite as much a defensive presence as Maryam Douda, but she is more developed overall.  But landing both of them in successive years would give us the size - along with Destinee Odberg from Minnesota -
to not back up from anyone in the SEC inside in a couple of years.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 10, 2018, 06:54:35 am
\ But landing both of them in successive years would give us the size - along with Destinee Odberg from Minnesota -
to not back up from anyone in the SEC inside in a couple of years.

This sentence made me smile very big. Of course, we are on other 2019 bigs, as well. But yeah ... this would be cool.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hogtired10 on January 09, 2018, 08:25:16 pm
https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/948368421540057088

If we can get her it will help with our height difference.

I love it and glad she is close but Unfortunately a 2019 recruit.  We need help now. 

Is the guess for next year still a big who is a JUCO or a graduate transfer????

LadybackBBFan

Does anyone know much about this young lady who plays for West Helena Central and graduates this spring and is not signed.
Correction! 2018 Unsigned Guard J'Tyia Thomas had a DOUBLE DOUBLE with 33pts, 15 rebounds, 4 steals, 4 assists, & 1 block.

https://twitter.com/ARBballRankings/status/951216450504724480

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on January 12, 2018, 11:56:32 am
Does anyone know much about this young lady who plays for West Helena Central and graduates this spring and is not signed.
Correction! 2018 Unsigned Guard J'Tyia Thomas had a DOUBLE DOUBLE with 33pts, 15 rebounds, 4 steals, 4 assists, & 1 block.

https://twitter.com/ARBballRankings/status/951216450504724480

It might be different on premium recruiting sites but the amount of information available on high school womens prospects is rather underwhelming.  I couldnt find anything on this girl.   But then I could find anything on prospects nation or hoopgurlz on Jadyn Byrd (had to find it on Tulsa newspaper articles), or the Bentonville girl either.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 12, 2018, 12:29:41 pm
It might be different on premium recruiting sites but the amount of information available on high school womens prospects is rather underwhelming.  I couldnt find anything on this girl.   But then I could find anything on prospects nation or hoopgurlz on Jadyn Byrd (had to find it on Tulsa newspaper articles), or the Bentonville girl either.
Well I am with you on everything - I had the same problem.

flippinhogmana

I will keep the board posted as much as possible on Jadyn, this is the latest article because she is not eligible yet at her new school until the 18th this month (five days away) She is however now recognized as one of Oklahoma's best despite not being on the board at all last year.  She has emerged quickly after starting to get playing time late last year.  Here is an article on her from the Tulsa World.

Jadyn Byrd
Jenks • Junior • Center

Always a long child, measured 23½ inches at birth, said her mother, Janar Byrd (Green). Now stands 6-foot-4. Emerged as an East Central sophomore last season and had four points and five rebounds in a 51-44 win over Ardmore in the 5A championship game. Averaging 16 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks this season before moving to Jenks over the Christmas break. Will be eligible for the Trojans on Jan. 18. Got college recruiters' attention by dominating AAU showcase tournaments last summer. Has scholarship offers from the likes of Florida, Clemson, Louisiana Tech, Florida International,

flippinhogmana

Jadyn will have at least twenty games with the Trojans.  I will try to attend one of them after some time of her integrating with her new team.  Possibilities include the Bixby or Owasso games coming up the 23rd and the 26th respectively.

flippinhogmana

January 19, 2018, 07:14:24 pm #10 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:17:13 am by flippinhogmana
Jadyn Byrd is now eligible to play for Jenks.  Here is a news account of her first game (by Mike Brown, Tulsa World)

Jadyn Byrd was such a big hit in her first few weeks around Jenks High School that it seemed only right that her first basketball game with the Trojans would be a big hit, too.

The powerful 6-foot-4 junior had 14 points, five rebounds, one steal and one blocked shot Thursday, helping the Trojans pull away from the Enid Pacers 65-43 in the first round of the Jenks/Union Invitational in Frank Herald Fieldhouse.

Admitting she was nervous during two short first-half stints, Byrd deferred to her teammates and contributed little until returning with about three minutes left in the third quarter.

Jenks led 35-33, but Tatiana Gilford quickly passed to Byrd, who scored as she was fouled and converted a three-point play.

Moments later, Gilford passed to Byrd for another easy basket. Those five quick points seemed to get her going and she went on to score 10 in a 12-1 stretch that turned the game into a rout.

"When I got out there again, I said I was gonna be aggressive and play as hard as I could, no matter what," she said. "It felt great just being out there with my teammates."

Thursday was her first game to be eligible for the Trojans. But coach Mike Acord said Byrd has been lifting up her teammates since she moved from East Central over the Christmas break.

"We're seeing it in the chemistry in the locker room she brings and we're seeing it in the hallways and hearing it from her teachers," Acord said. "Jadyn Byrd is an energy giver, a joy to be around."

The Trojans played without starting guard Haley Meely, who bruised her right knee in a Tuesday loss at Union and was held out as a precaution. But Acord said he was pleased that almost every other regular stepped up in her absence.

Emma Wasson and Rylie Watson scored 10 each and Gilford and Makenley Church scored nine apiece as the Trojans (8-5) advanced to play Booker T. Washington on Broken Arrow in the semifinals at 7 p.m. Friday.

Wasson also had eight rebounds and four steals, Watson had three steals and Gilford had four assists to go with two steals.

Nobody seemed to enjoy herself more than Gilford. Operating around the foul line, she was able to get the ball to Wasson and Byrd with ease.

Byrd finished 6-for-9 from the field. On two her misses, she rebounded and score. She was 2-for-3 from the foul line.

flippinhogmana

Rhys Anderson said she had no idea she was going to find her shooting stroke and go off like a cannon in the second half Friday night.

The Booker T. Washington junior hit four 3-pointers without a miss and scored 16 of her 20 points after halftime and the Class 5A No. 5 Hornets rallied past 6A No. 19 Jenks 53-49 in the semifinals of the Jenks/Union Invitational at Frank Herald Fieldhouse.

"(Coach Rabu Leyva) told me to shoot the basketball," Anderson said. "I started feeling it after the second (3-pointer) went in. I've made three in a game before, but never four."

Jenks led 28-19 early in the third quarter, but Anderson went 3-for-3 from behind the arc and the Hornets pulled in front, 31-30. After a flurry of lead changes, Anderson's fourth 3-pointer, early in the fourth quarter, put the Hornets ahead to stay.

"I told all of them to be aggressive. When you find your shot, go ahead and take it," Leyva said. "Don't turn down shots and play like you're afraid to lose. Play to win, and (Anderson) did that."

Armani Reed added 12 points, Camryn Fennell added 10 and Khalan Richardson had seven, as the 5A No. 5 Hornets (10-4) advanced to play Union for the tournament title at 7 p.m. Saturday at the UMAC.

The Redskins (5-9) overcame 29 points by Holland Hall's Gabby Gregory and nipped the 5A No. 5 Dutch 48-45.

"I'm excited about going back to the championship game," Anderson said. "We lost to Holland Hall last year (in the final) and we want to make up for that."

Fennell made a key play in the closing seconds. Jenks, fighting back from a 46-38 deficit over the final three minutes, cut the lead to 51-49 on a driving basket by Sydney Ellis and quickly called timeout with 14.9 seconds left.

When play resumed, the Hornets inbounded to Fennell in the corner and two Trojans converged. Fennell seemed hopelessly trapped, but suddenly broke free, streaked down the sideline and passed ahead to Reed for a basket as time expired.

"Only Jesus knows how she got out of that," Levya said. He added with a chuckle, "That was a phenomenal play and that's all on her. It wasn't coaching."

Ellis scored seven fourth-quarter points and finished with 14 to lead the Trojans (8-6). Makenley Church and Rylie Watson scored eight each, Makenna Burch had seven and 6-foot-4 Jalyn Byrd had six points, five rebounds and two blocks.

Jenks plays Holland Hall at 4 p.m. Saturday at the UMAC.