Brett Eibner signs with Texas Rangers

Started by woo.pig, December 22, 2017, 05:03:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woo.pig

Minor league contract with invite to Springs Training

FaytownHog

Quote from: woo.pig on December 22, 2017, 05:03:40 pm
Minor league contract with invite to Springs Training
What happened with him? Wasn't he playing well with the Royals before getting traded to the Dodgers? Seems like I saw a couple highlights of him hitting HR's in a Dodger uniform too and them poof. Haven't heard from him in a few months.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: FaytownHog on December 22, 2017, 08:20:04 pm
What happened with him? Wasn't he playing well with the Royals before getting traded to the Dodgers? Seems like I saw a couple highlights of him hitting HR's in a Dodger uniform too and them poof. Haven't heard from him in a few months.

Google much?

Ironhawg

The Dodgers attempted to convert him to a pitcher???

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hoghappy

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on December 23, 2017, 07:53:26 am
Google much?
this is EI. We don't like smart***es in here. We come in here for enjoyment and quick information.

Ironhawg

Quote from: FaytownHog on December 22, 2017, 08:20:04 pm

The article I read said after they obtained Eibner the Dodgers tried to convert him to a pitcher and he got injured and had to have Tommy John surgery.

FaytownHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 24, 2017, 12:19:41 pm
The article I read said after they obtained Eibner the Dodgers tried to convert him to a pitcher and he got injured and had to have Tommy John surgery.
Wow. Seems like hit bat would be one you would want in the line up every day vs every 5th game. Of course he pitched here too so maybe he wanted to try it as well. Hope he has a successful comeback!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BroyledNutts

SPAL

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on December 23, 2017, 07:53:26 am
Google much?

C'mon man....just letting you know this won't fly during the season. Im lax right now, bit this attitude isn't the spirit of EI.

Sho Nuff

PintailKiller

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 27, 2017, 05:14:49 pm
What Rangers ML team was he assigned to?
Is not assigned to a ML team.  Will go to spring training to see if he can make the team, if not, most likely AAA.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

BroyledNutts

Quote from: PintailKiller on December 28, 2017, 02:01:40 pm
Is not assigned to a ML team.  Will go to spring training to see if he can make the team, if not, most likely AAA.

Thanks - I couldn't find a minor league assignment for him anywhere  ... just wondered if anyone knew ... Curious if, by chance, he might be demoted far enough down to be assigned to Frisco ... although I can't imagine that. I couldn't imagine Zack Cox being demoted that far down either, but it happened.

jvanhorn

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 29, 2017, 01:56:28 pm
Thanks - I couldn't find a minor league assignment for him anywhere  ... just wondered if anyone knew ... Curious if, by chance, he might be demoted far enough down to be assigned to Frisco ... although I can't imagine that. I couldn't imagine Zack Cox being demoted that far down either, but it happened.

I saw Eibner play some in Kansas City.  I liked him, but he had some obvious holes in his swing.  It definitely was not a short compact swing--but when he did hit the ball it jumped off his bat, he just didn't hit it often enough.  A small market team like KC would definitely not given up on him if they thought there was a chance he could be an every day player.  But, compared to Zach Cox who, I think was a higher pick he has done better.  I was also told KC approached him about trying to pitch one spring and he told them he wasn't interested.