Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danny West just tweeted about Bohannon...

Started by porque, December 19, 2017, 02:59:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Razorback Pastor on December 19, 2017, 05:08:42 pm
Yeah, the hat fake was insulting. Or at least it felt that way to me.
100% disrespect from the guy. Hope he is healthy and never plays a down and can get a job at the Mcdonalds in Waco.

oldhawg

Bohannon  will make a very good defensive back for Baylor ---- watch and see.

hogsanity

All of you upset about the hat fake, remember all the dumbas^ things you did when you were 17 & 18. Yea, it was dumb, and frankly a tired gag that recruit have been doing for years and it is not funny or original.

However, if the whole, you drop CN and I'll sign story is true, you should be happy we have a coach that is not nearly as desperate as some of our fans to get a Qb that is being recruited by a power like Indiana. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MountainHomeHogger

So GB goes from Earle who was disqualified from the State tournament to Baylor who will be soon coming down with major sanctions.  Hmm...once a cheater always a cheater!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2017, 09:41:25 am
Sure, most, if not all QB's look at the roster at the different schools. Now, how many tell a staff that already has a QB committed, that if you just take one QB in this class, I'll commit? I've seen Georgia and Bama have top commits at QB at the same time, one always seems to transfer.

So what.  It could have been as simple as..."Hey, I want to go someplace where I'm the only QB in the class.  You already have a QB, so I'm looking elsewhere.".  Doesn't matter.

Also, if the chatter is correct, then GB wasn't even originally offered as a QB by the previous staff.  Was probably THE reason he wasn't showing much interest in the first place.  THEN, supposedly, the said staff offers him as a QB.  If I'm GB, I'm suspicious of said staff's intentions since the staff already has a good QB committed.  What really changed?  Probably not much.  The staff may have felt pressure to sign the kid.  Don't know.  Nobody knows.  Either way, if I'm GB, I'm probably not all that trusting of BB's intentions.  Then enter CM who really had no time to flip GB.  And maybe CM wasn't even all that worried about flipping him anyway.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: oldhawg on December 20, 2017, 09:46:47 am
Bohannon  will make a very good defensive back for Baylor ---- watch and see.

EXACTLY the reason I was hoping we'd get him.  If it didn't work out at QB for him, then he's possibly and SEC caliber OLB or SS.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 20, 2017, 09:51:36 am
So what.  It could have been as simple as..."Hey, I want to go someplace where I'm the only QB in the class.  You already have a QB, so I'm looking elsewhere.".  Doesn't matter.

Also, if the chatter is correct, then GB wasn't even originally offered as a QB by the previous staff.  Was probably THE reason he wasn't showing much interest in the first place.  THEN, supposedly, the said staff offers him as a QB.  If I'm GB, I'm suspicious of said staff's intentions since the staff already has a good QB committed.  What really changed?  Probably not much.  The staff may have felt pressure to sign the kid.  Don't know.  Nobody knows.  Either way, if I'm GB, I'm probably not all that trusting of BB's intentions.  Then enter CM who really had no time to flip GB.  And maybe CM wasn't even all that worried about flipping him anyway.

Obviously it matters to you......

HamIAm

Quote from: MountainHomeHogger on December 20, 2017, 09:50:26 am
So GB goes from Earle who was disqualified from the State tournament to Baylor who will be soon coming down with major sanctions.  Hmm...once a cheater always a cheater!

No need to go that low.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2017, 09:55:56 am
Obviously it matters to you......

Whatever. 

I was hoping we'd get him as an ATH if QB didn't work out.  Noland definitely appears to be the better QB prospect.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 20, 2017, 10:02:44 am
Whatever. 

I was hoping we'd get him as an ATH if QB didn't work out.  Noland definitely appears to be the better QB prospect.

And it's obvious he wanted to play QB. The vast majority of schools just sign 1 QB in a class, so on to 2019 for the next QB.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2017, 10:05:44 am
And it's obvious he wanted to play QB. The vast majority of schools just sign 1 QB in a class, so on to 2019 for the next QB.

Well duh.  Wanted to sign his as a QB with ton's of potential to move to another position if QB didn't work out.  Duwop style.  Agree that wasn't an option for him, but a fan can dream.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 19, 2017, 09:31:19 pm
Or simply, it was the deciding factor.

For all anyone here knows it was very much like this:

"I like Arkansas but I'd really like to be the only guy in my class competing for the job, it would just greatly increase my chances of at least having one or two years as a starter without having to transfer. I probably would choose Arkansas coach but I know you already have another really good quarterback committed, I really like him, he's good, and Baylor has promised me that if I sign with them I'll be the only guy they sign at that position. So for those reasons, I'm afraid I have to tell you thanks, but I am going to commit to Baylor tomorrow."

Want to be peeved about the hat thing? Fair enough, it was not a very classy move, especially to your home state, but just remember that you are letting the immaturity of a teenager upset you.

No point in being ugly about this at all. And seeing this particular gripe is ironic here.

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 20, 2017, 09:31:56 am
But I don't actually have a problem with it.  I'm just acknowleging the true purpose of Danny's tweet. 

It's ironic that GB is getting hammered for not wanting competition, and maybe deservedly so.  But recruits look at team's depth charts all the time as a significant factor in their decision.  I bet QB's especially.  There are staffs all over the country who have to reassure some QB commit that he's the only QB they're going to sign.  Why do you think that is?  Because many will want to avoid the competion as much as possible.  Heck, supposedly Grunnell wasn't happy that the staff offered GB as a QB.  Me bets it's because he doesn't like that UA would have more QB's on the roster to compete against.  I guarantee Grunnell will seriously consider the QB roster when selecting a school.  There's NOTHING unusual about that at.  There actually posters who are speculating that not getting GB is a good thing, because it helps our chances with Grunnell.  The irony is rich.

Anywho, If we could only get Noland or GB, then I'd pick Noland anyway.  Glad he was solid.   

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 20, 2017, 09:51:36 am

🤔🤔🤔

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Warrior Way 22

Quote from: MountainHomeHogger on December 20, 2017, 09:50:26 am
Yeah I'm sure Bohannon was behind that ineligible player at Earl  ::)
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

riccoar

I can imagine Bielema simply told him he could compete for QB.  Baylor offered less roadblocks to seeing the field in less than 2 years.  I'm OK with that.  Had they had a stable of QB's and he was gonna be mired into the depth chart for 3 years, that would be a different story.  Hell, with the crap storm they are experiencing, he very could likely get a shot after one season.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 20, 2017, 09:36:49 am
Went to Waco and Baylor once several years ago.  Nothing memorable about any of it.
Their new stadium is pretty easy to find. At least they have that going for them.

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 20, 2017, 11:23:59 am
Their new stadium is pretty easy to find. At least they have that going for them.

They have a lazy river that you can float on running through their student center.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE