Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New SWC speculation

Started by Hawghiggs, January 29, 2015, 10:16:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PORKULATOR

The SWC was built horribly and should've been called the Texas conference plus 1.
Thank god it died.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Jek Tono Porkins

The comments on that article are ridiculous. "OMG THE SEC SUX THEY LOST THEIR BOWL GAMES RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE."

Really? The SEC sucks...why? Because Bama lost to the national champions by a touchdown? Because the 3rd (arguably 4th) best team in the SEC lost to the 2nd-best team in the ACC? Because the 4th-best team in the SEC lost to the Big XII co-champion? Because the 6th-best team in the SEC lost in OT to 3rd best team in the Big Ten?

People need to quit acting like the SEC sucks now because its middle-of-the-pack teams lost to divisional champions from other conferences. I will say Mississippi State was overrated...they got the luxury of playing Kentucky and Vandy from the East. Meanwhile, we had to play Mizzou and Georgia.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

ZERO

We still had a better Bowl record than every other conference except the Pac-12. And we did so with more Bowl eligible teams than anyone else in the nation. We had 12 teams that went to a Bowl, has that ever been done before?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Hawghiggs

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 31, 2015, 11:38:53 am
You have fever with these spells?
Think about this for a second. A decade ago if I would have told you that Missouri and Texas A&M would be in the SEC and that Mizzou had won the East not once but twice. You would have laughed at me. If I would have told you that Maryland and Nebraska would be in the same conference and that that conference would win the very first college football playoff. What do you think that you would have done? Now is it so far of a stretch to think that the SEC is going to cannibalize itself to the point that it knocks it contenders out of the playoff?

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on January 31, 2015, 12:44:26 pm
The comments on that article are ridiculous. "OMG THE SEC SUX THEY LOST THEIR BOWL GAMES RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE."

Really? The SEC sucks...why? Because Bama lost to the national champions by a touchdown? Because the 3rd (arguably 4th) best team in the SEC lost to the 2nd-best team in the ACC? Because the 4th-best team in the SEC lost to the Big XII co-champion? Because the 6th-best team in the SEC lost in OT to 3rd best team in the Big Ten?

People need to quit acting like the SEC sucks now because its middle-of-the-pack teams lost to divisional champions from other conferences. I will say Mississippi State was overrated...they got the luxury of playing Kentucky and Vandy from the East. Meanwhile, we had to play Mizzou and Georgia.
The only post that says anything about the SEC sucking is yours.  By the way, Alabama lost to the Sugar bowl champions. It was Oregon that lost to the National Champions.  If you bothered to actually read the thread. It's actually about the SEC being to strong and hurting itself.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 31, 2015, 02:37:48 pm
The only post that says anything about the SEC sucking is yours.  By the way, Alabama lost to the Sugar bowl champions. It was Oregon that lost to the National Champions.  If you bothered to actually read the thread. It's actually about the SEC being to strong and hurting itself.
Are you daft? Read the first sentence of my post again.

Alabama did lose to the national champions by a touchdown. That is a factual statement.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on January 31, 2015, 03:27:07 pm
Are you daft? Read the first sentence of my post again.

Alabama did lose to the national champions by a touchdown. That is a factual statement.
At the time that Alabama lost. Ohio State wasn't the national champions. They became the Sugar bowl champion with that win.

rljjr

I don't understand how the logic train worked to start this thread.

regi

Quote from: Vildsvin on January 29, 2015, 11:55:30 pm
I love how you titled this thread, "New SWC speculation" as if there is any actual speculation going on beyond this ill conceived thread.

Lmao, apples to oranges. Might as well have been titled THE FALL OF THE BIG EAST