Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dialed in

Started by Sigepgator702, March 16, 2018, 05:23:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigepgator702

We're built for the tourney!  What a crock!  They wasted so much energy being down 21-2.  Every team that has good fundamentals will beat us in the tourney.  Our two guards proved today that they're not NBA material, but good college players.  I'm not bashing them, just an honest assessment.  Butler had the best player on the floor.  I appreciate all of our seniors and the effort they put in. 
Hopefully Gafford has a sour taste in his mouth and comes back next year.  Without him, we will stop hearing about Mike never having a losing season.  We have a good class coming in, but no length.
Mike is a class act, but I'm not sure he is the answer.  It's hard watching his teams underachieve year after year.  He will be here for at least 2 more years and I will support him in hopes that he turns this around.  It has been nice to be in the tourney 3/4 years.  I do agree that Butler should not have been a 10 seed, but you have to beat good teams in the dance.  Oh well, till next year.

SooieGeneris

Yes, after all that blather about being "hungry" and sooooo highly motivated by letting UNC come back from a 5 point deficit in the final 3 minutes of the tourney last year... we get this?

This team underachieved this season, no question. I know the SEC was really good, but this team got blown out at home TWICE, once by a team that didn't even make the NCAAT, swept by a one man LSU squad with a 1st year coach, and pounded on the glass 45-25 by a small team in the 1st round of the NCAAT with another 1st year coach...

Defense was an after thought with this team all season. We constantly saw opponents burn the nets from 3. Not today, but for most of the season, the FT shooting was terrible. I had a bad feeling about this team when we got schooled by UNC in Portland after playing them so well last year.

It's no coincidence when foe after foe shoots 40-50% from 3. The rebounding was pathetic, Gafford was pushed around and rag dolled all day when he's 3 inches taller than anyone on their team and kept taking those ridiculous fall away jumpers.

We did the least with the most on this team than any since Day, Mayberry and Miller laid an egg vs Memphis in the NCAAT their senior year after going to the Final 4 as sophs.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!