Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poorly prepared.

Started by HogAllMighty, March 16, 2018, 04:17:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogAllMighty

This is on Mike.  I hate it for the seniors.  Maybe Mike will upgrade his assistant coaches now.  He need some help on the bench.

hobhog

What a waste of seniors and Gafford...

greenEGnHAWGS

While I always put the blame on coaches, he can't go out there and make them not played timid.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

artyhog

I say fire him when he gets off the plane in Fayetteville.   Pay him off and get this garbage overwith.

apcapri

Squarely on Mike. Horrible game plan.

The_Iceman

Poorly coached by Mediocre Mike. Outcoached by a 1st year dude. Embarrassing.

azhog10

Some times players have to make plays. Macon and Barford didn't do that. Gafford didn't have a good game in the post, and collectively we didn't rebound well at all. It's one thing to be out-rebounded, it's another to get killed on the glass like we did today. Add to that getting outscored by 21 from the 3pt line and you get what happened today. As good as Gafford is, he could use another year with Watkins working on his post game and post moves. Hall played well and Bailey played well in spurts. But Barford and Macon didn't make their 1on1 shots and Butlers guards did. I thought Mike made the right call going to the matchup zone and getting into the press to speed them up. Macon especially just didn't play as assertive as I thought he should have. They had 5 fouls early in the second half and he was very passive at a time where he should have been trying to go at Butlers guards a lot more.

Tick Hog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 16, 2018, 04:21:10 pm
While I always put the blame on coaches, he can't go out there and make them not played timid.
No but a coach could have them prepared to run an actual offense. A coach could teach them to block out. A coach could recruit a few basketball players and not just athletes.

BannerMountainMan

4-20 from three will get you beat every time, clearly.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

ATLHog

The miserable tradition of succumbing to opponents style of play continues. Really no excuse for an embarrassing blow out like this- and Hogs spoil SEC's undefeated record...yippee.

alohawg

There was no game plan, it's all off the cuff, clearly.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 16, 2018, 04:24:16 pm
Poorly coached by Mediocre Mike. Outcoached by a 1st year dude. Embarrassing.
This darn gets [CENSORED] old. Outcoached? Didn't realize Mike could "coach" shots into the net. Or that he could "coach" his bigs and guards to crash the galss to rebound. I get as frustrated as anyone over some of the things we do, but defensively it was all about effort and our two senior guards didn't bring it today. Butlers seniors wanted this a hell of a lot more than our players did. You want to talk about being outcoached but that's just not the case today.

yraciv

Some times players have cold shooting nights, and yest it wasn't our night. But there is no excuse coming into a NCAA tournament game and getting into a 21-2 hole. There was no fire early, and we came out flat to start both halfs. It is what it is! We layed an egg in the NCAA tournament, and have yet to make it to the Sweet 16 in year 7 of Mike Anderson. Are we better than where we were with Heath and Pelphrey? Certainly, but my expectations are you make it past the first weekend in March on occasion.

HogAllMighty

Quote from: azhog10 on March 16, 2018, 04:25:12 pm
Some times players have to make plays. Macon and Barford didn't do that. Gafford didn't have a good game in the post, and collectively we didn't rebound well at all. It's one thing to be out-rebounded, it's another to get killed on the glass like we did today. Add to that getting outscored by 21 from the 3pt line and you get what happened today. As good as Gafford is, he could use another year with Watkins working on his post game and post moves. Hall played well and Bailey played well in spurts. But Barford and Macon didn't make their 1on1 shots and Butlers guards did. I thought Mike made the right call going to the matchup zone and getting into the press to speed them up. Macon especially just didn't play as assertive as I thought he should have. They had 5 fouls early in the second half and he was very passive at a time where he should have been trying to go at Butlers guards a lot more.

Did you say have Watkins work with Gafford?  Watkins is part of the problem.   The game has passed him by.  He should have retired years ago. Also, why is T.J. still Cleveland around?  Isn't it about time he start applying for coaching jobs.

zebradynasty

Butler did NOTHING that Arkansas had not seen NOTHING! Why we played so poorly I dunno but Butler didn't outcoach us they did exactly what everyone expected.

rude1

Quote from: azhog10 on March 16, 2018, 04:28:05 pm
This darn gets [CENSORED] old. Outcoached? Didn't realize Mike could "coach" shots into the net. Or that he could "coach" his bigs and guards to crash the galss to rebound. I get as frustrated as anyone over some of the things we do, but defensively it was all about effort and our two senior guards didn't bring it today. Butlers seniors wanted this a hell of a lot more than our players did. You want to talk about being outcoached but that's just not the case today.
Well I guess you didn't notice we got clobbered on the glass because Butler set high ball screens and our bigs did the dumb thing they are coached to do, go out there and try to defend a ball handler which leaves us vulnerable on the glass!!!!!

Boardon Hamsay

Mike needs more time. 10 years, give or take a couple.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The_Iceman

Quote from: rude1 on March 16, 2018, 04:32:00 pm
Well I guess you didn't notice we got clobbered on the glass because Butler set high ball screens and our bigs did the dumb thing they are coached to do, go out there and try to defend a ball handler which leaves us vulnerable on the glass!!!!!

Don't talk basketball basics to the Mike lovers. They obviously don't understand it.

Hog_Fink

what were the stats of our senior guards? what did our freshman length do?
why all the sudden are we feeding Gafford back to the basket?
terrible not putting players in position to succeed

SemperFi

Quote from: azhog10 on March 16, 2018, 04:28:05 pm

Out coached! Out played! STOP making excuses for a guy that should not be the Head Coach of the Razorbacks. What a joke Anderson is.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hawg2afault

Quote from: artyhog on March 16, 2018, 04:23:14 pm
I say fire him when he gets off the plane in Fayetteville.   Pay him off and get this garbage overwith.
this

jgphillips3

That was a pretty pathetic effort.  Mike did some good things late in the season.  That however, was a turd of epic proportions and he has to own it.

jfred59

Quote from: HogAllMighty on March 16, 2018, 04:30:19 pm
Did you say have Watkins work with Gafford?  Watkins is part of the problem.   The game has passed him by.  He should have retired years ago. Also, why is T.J. still Cleveland around?  Isn't it about time he start applying for coaching jobs.

Sometimes you got to rid of the dead wood

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: HogAllMighty on March 16, 2018, 04:30:19 pm

THIS.  Watkins is just drawing paycheck.

hawgtime

Quote from: hobhog on March 16, 2018, 04:18:31 pm
What a waste of seniors and Gafford...

I know.  i hate IT!

code red

Quote from: HogAllMighty on March 16, 2018, 04:17:03 pm
This is on Mike.  I hate it for the seniors.  Maybe Mike will upgrade his assistant coaches now.  He need some help on the bench.
Assistants?  For what?  To yell rebound and block out?  This is on Mike completely.  He has become lazy.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou