Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Win or lose today

Started by The OTR, March 16, 2018, 01:00:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

It's been a good season.  Let's keep that in mind if things don't work out today.  We did better than a lot of you expected we would do.  I think the future looks bright.

Let's enjoy the game and not melt down if we don't win.

Atlhogfan1

Subtle.  Let's see how effective it is.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

AloRaptor

You do realize you are on hogville right? Taking things well just isn't in the DNA. ;D

BallHog1

I'm gonna follow FCJ's lead on how I react.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: BallHog1 on March 16, 2018, 01:45:59 pm
So if we lose, you will hide until we win again?  That may be a long time.  Maybe November? 

AloRaptor

Quote from: BallHog1 on March 16, 2018, 01:45:59 pm

Daring and unafraid LOL!! ;)

liljo

LOL! On Hogville, even if we win there'll be complaints about coaching, Beard, the refs, etc. Then the talk will be about the likelihood of gettin' drilled in the second round. And about how "it's all Coach Anderson's fault."

I think some of these "guys" got "mommie issues."
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

PonderinHog

Good game from Gafford=He gone!

Go Hogs!  Let's do this!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: liljo on March 16, 2018, 01:49:23 pm
LOL! On Hogville, even if we win there'll be complaints about coaching, Beard, the refs, etc. Then the talk will be about the likelihood of gettin' drilled in the second round. And about how "it's all Coach Anderson's fault."

I think some of these "guys" got "mommie issues."

More like daddy issues.  Dad did hug them enough, play catch with them, tell them they were proud of them. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

code red

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 16, 2018, 01:00:30 pm
It's been a good season.  Let's keep that in mind if things don't work out today.  We did better than a lot of you expected we would do.  I think the future looks bright.

Its been a decent season...too many blow out losses. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

collins4heisman

LOL OP

We have a first round NBA center, the 2 top JUCO players in the country, and 5 seniors.  Anything less than than the Sweet 16 would be weak. With a team this stacked Anderson should have the best team in the SEC, not a 6 seed in the SEC tourney

steveaustin69

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 16, 2018, 02:07:20 pm
More like daddy issues.  Dad did hug them enough, play catch with them, tell them they were proud of them.

My dad did all of that. He also taught me to think for myself.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 16, 2018, 02:08:45 pm
My dad did all of that. He also taught me to think for myself.

But what did your uncle larry do to you on those special camping trips?
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

jst01

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 16, 2018, 02:11:49 pm

ha! cold 

If Hogs lose today it will be a disappointing end to a decent season. Could have been better, could have been worse.

steveaustin69

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 16, 2018, 02:11:49 pm

He taught me 3/7 isn't great unless you're playing baseball or chasing women.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: collins4heisman on March 16, 2018, 02:08:41 pm
LOL OP

We have a first round NBA center, the 2 top JUCO players in the country, and 5 seniors.  Anything less than than the Sweet 16 would be weak. With a team this stacked Anderson should have the best team in the SEC, not a 6 seed in the SEC tourney
you really think this team is stacked? And then I hear people complaining Beard, Thomas, And Cook couldn't play for UCA
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

collins4heisman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 02:17:51 pm
you really think this team is stacked? And then I hear people complaining Beard, Thomas, And Cook couldn't play for UCA

could you imagine what Bruce Pearl, Calipari or Barnes could do if they had Barford, Macon and Gafford? They would be unstoppable

Mjs84

PharmacistHog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 16, 2018, 02:15:08 pm

Haha. Well played.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

raz1965

If the hogs lose it will be like a nuclear melt down, best stay away if it happens.

Rudy Baylor

yraciv

Why would someone post this prior? Seems like you are expecting/trying to have built in calm down approach if we got off to, when we did, a slow start.

GuvHog

Very few people have said that about Beard and Cook. Thomas isn't on the team any more. This is a Sweet 16 talented team.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: raz1965 on March 16, 2018, 03:21:12 pm
If the hogs lose it will be like a nuclear melt down, best stay away if it happens.

Nah, I won't melt down. I'll just be disappointed in how the season ended.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

pigroots

This has been an average season at this point. We were picked 6th and we finished 6th in the SEC. If we finish with a good run in the tournament it will be a positive. First  round exit with a team full of seniors and it's a disappointment. That's reality

Mr. Porkleone

Double digit loss season is sub par.

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 16, 2018, 02:15:08 pm
Damn thats the funniest thing ive seen this long week!
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Rudy Baylor

This feels like a troll thread

hobhog

[/quote

Troll

coolhog

To Bad Van Horn is coaching this team.
He would coach a lot smarter .

Boardon Hamsay

Best thread of the year, IMHO. Good perspective in a sea of overreacting threads.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

orvillesghost

In the context of seven years in for this coach, it is in no way, shape, form or fashion a good season...

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: orvillesghost on March 16, 2018, 04:29:49 pm
In the context of seven years in for this coach, it is in no way, shape, form or fashion a good season...

Disagree. We're on schedule.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The OTR

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 16, 2018, 04:27:14 pm
Best thread of the year, IMHO. Good perspective in a sea of overreacting threads.

Thanks Boarden.  Been trying to sort of hint that this thing was gonna end pretty soon but everyone has been too dense to sew why I've been doing. 

I did all but tell you this was gonna happen today.

kp72204

Good call, if we would have had Thomas, we'd a................

Letsroll1200

I'm blessed to watch another season of Razorback basketball. There's things about this team that were frustrating. However, it was a solid season. Go Hogs!

The real Hogules

And it's damn sad that those predicting the season knew Anderson well enough to know that even with 7 seniors and a quality big that they shouldn't expect too much out of Arkansas............................., and they were right.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 16, 2018, 04:42:04 pm
Thanks Boarden.  Been trying to sort of hint that this thing was gonna end pretty soon but everyone has been too dense to sew why I've been doing. 

I did all but tell you this was gonna happen today.
You're a regular nostradumass.  That spelling is close enough.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 16, 2018, 04:54:55 pm
You're a regular nostradumass.  That spelling is close enough.

Reported to the spelling modulators

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 16, 2018, 05:02:22 pm
Reported to the spelling modulators
Reported to the punctuation modulators.   >:(

The OTR

For weeks I've been trying, as delicately as possible given the volatility of this place, to say that us making the tournament is about all that could be expected of this team.  I said the loss to Missouri didn't matter.  That was correct.  I even said that we would be better off to lose the first game of the sec tournament and get back home and save our energy for this week.  That seems to have been a correct statement considering how we looked today.   Getting outrbounded and shooting poorly is generally a sign of tired legs.  Maybe we would have been better off losing and dropping to an 8 seed and getting ready for this week. 

I also said win or lose we'd had a good year.  I had a feeling we were going to lay an egg today.  Seven years of this stuff and you begin to see a little bit of a pattern emerge. 

Hoghog or whatever his name is and a few others did not have the wisdom to understand what I've been saying.  I also think, as I said several weeks ago, that if we didn't do it this year we aren't going to do it anytime soon.  With this many seniors and this many nearly pro level players it was now or never.  Looks like never. 

GA reddiehog

Must have known like me that the Hogs would lose!!!  But I point a finger to the coaching staff which you can't and will not do.  You just can't come to see that MA is not a good coach and should be gone.

The OTR

Quote from: GA reddiehog on March 16, 2018, 08:05:07 pm
Must have known like me that the Hogs would lose!!!  But I point a finger to the coaching staff which you can't and will not do.  You just can't come to see that MA is not a good coach and should be gone.

Read my last five posts in jump ball and get back to me.

Rudy Baylor

Every fricking bit of this is the direct result of false rumors of "drug issues" in the days between the Heath Administration and the Pelphrey Administration

...the supposed "reason" Danny Altmin didn't follow through...

I'm not saying Danny Altmin was the answer. I'm saying that series of rumormongerjng sent us on a spiral that ultimately prevented us from, tonight, having a prototype 6'7 small forward and a 6'8, 225 stud power forward

Rumors years ago, probably message board rumors, sent us spiraling to a level that Tubby Smith himself would not have been able to overcome in the area of recruiting

The OTR

I believe it's time Mike Anderson resigns.  We could throw a parade for him and put up a banner for him in bud Walton and go find us a coach with some of that good old boy network money.