Butler Game Day Predictions

Started by Razorod, March 16, 2018, 05:41:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Round of 64 NCAA Tourney.

Who do you have?

Hogs 82
Bulter 72
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Dudeman

Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

89ALUM

I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

SquidBilly

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Oliver

gmarv54

elksnort

Quote from: Oliver on March 16, 2018, 06:45:14 am
Butler 72
Hogs 66
Enough of those negative waves Moriarity.

Nah, I believe the hogs should win, but you never know.

RacinRazorback

Hogs 81 dogs 68! Hopefully Macon, Barford, & Gafford have their usual big games! It would be nice to see CJ, Trey, and Gabe give us quality minutes off the bench! If our good team shows up we will advance!

98hogs

razorpimp

micali

Hogs gotta win cuz I have'em winning it all. 84-81

fieldturf

Gonna come down to who hits there FT's.  Hate to say it, but Butler 67-64.   

GA reddiehog

Butler 75
Hogs  69
Hate to pick against the Hogs but I see another MA screw up.

The_Iceman

Butler 75 Arkansas 69. Gafford gets in foul trouble. No shows from a couple of the seniors. Disappointing end to this groups tenure.

Mr. Porkleone

Cotton

March 16, 2018, 08:29:27 am #16 Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:01:34 am by Cotton
Arkansas 96
Butler 70

IM FEELING GOOD TODAY BOYS!!!!!

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

lumphog

Quote from: Cotton on March 16, 2018, 08:29:27 am
Arkansas 96
Butler 70

I FEELING GOOD TODAY BOYS!!!!!
BOOK IT DANO!!!!!

claycohog

popcornhog

This is a game where I honestly believe that it could be anywhere from a blowout hogs victory if they're giving us good looks at three pointers and Gafford stays out of foul trouble to a very long day if the opposite is true and we aren't playing solid perimeter D.

WPS
WPS

99toLife

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: GA reddiehog on March 16, 2018, 08:14:04 am
Butler 75
Hogs  69
Hate to pick against the Hogs but I see another MA screw up.
its alright man I'd rather be wrong than picking against my coach and team
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Shorttimer

Butler doesn't plod.  They like to get out and go.

Hogs    92
Butler   86

Hog_Fink

hogs 87 Butler 81

pissed me off seeing Butler the only lower seed favored against a higher seed in the tourney.....

99toLife

Quote from: galactivation on March 16, 2018, 09:38:07 am
hogs 87 Butler 81

pissed me off seeing Butler the only lower seed favored against a higher seed in the tourney.....

I don't believe Missouri is favored and they are the lower seed, but it's an 8/9 game.

Atlhogfan1

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2018/en/whopickedwhom

Butler picked in 58% of ESPN brackets.  Guessing it's because you have to pick a few lower seeds to win if you want to win whatever pool you are in and recent name recognition. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

99toLife

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 16, 2018, 09:44:41 am
http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2018/en/whopickedwhom

Butler picked in 58% of ESPN brackets. Guessing it's because you have to pick a few lower seeds to win if you want to win whatever pool you are in and recent name recognition.
100% true, who picks the most upsets in the first round that wins at least one more game and has 1 or both teams in the final usually wins.

razorchick73

pigture perfect

We will either win by 6 or lose by 13. There will be no middle ground. Which team shows up will be the question for us. I do think we win 83-77
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TexasRazorback

stronguard

Hogs 83

Butler 71

In reality both teams lose cause they have to play in Detroit
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Hollywood_HOGan

This is a game we should win but that doesn't always happen. These guys are too good and too driven to lose to a team that's lost six of nine.

Butler will wear out.

78-65 hogs.

FineAsSwine

Dan42AR

riccoar

Butler is +1.5

Had no idea we were the underdog.

Hogs 81
But  77

HeyHogs

Hogs 81-78 in a double OT thriller.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

phadedhawg

I'm too superstitious to ever pick the Hogs in a game that matters. 

Arkansas 67
Butler 79

hawgball40

my prediction is 40 minutes of hell for the opponent

code red

76-54 Butler.....just got a bad feeling about this one....WPS
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

99toLife

Quote from: hawgball40 on March 16, 2018, 12:16:41 pm
my prediction is 40 minutes of hell for the opponent
At least your Positive, Go hogs.

hogcards

Butler wins a nail biter

Butler-81
Hogs-78
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Atlhogfan1

March 16, 2018, 02:13:08 pm #42 Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:42:37 pm by Atlhogfan1
Quote from: code red on March 16, 2018, 02:10:45 pm
76-54 Butler.....just got a bad feeling about this one....WPS

You weren't full of it.  Good call. 

elksnort

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 09:01:23 am
its alright man I'd rather be wrong than picking against my coach and team
Just because you don't think your team's going to win doesn't mean you don't like your team. 

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

jabber71

Quote from: fieldturf on March 16, 2018, 08:12:20 am
Gonna come down to who hits there FT's.  Hate to say it, but Butler 67-64.

If it comes to FT we have the advantage both in percentage made and trips to the line for the season, both are weaknesses of Butler.

Arkansas got a good sign when Mike got his NC ring back, they will play with a purpose. Also If they were taking Butler easy, Arizona showed them what could happen!

Us 84 them 62
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

99toLife

Quote from: elksnort on March 16, 2018, 02:13:16 pm
Just because you don't think your team's going to win doesn't mean you don't like your team.

It's Hogville, If the Razorbacks played the NBA All Stars and you predict the Hogs would lose, many on here would say you are not a Hog fan.

FineAsSwine

Everybody must be really glued to the TV set. No game thread.  :o

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.