Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SELECTION SHOW THREAD: 7 Arkansas Razorbacks vs. ??? -> 10 Butler Bulldogs

Started by TebowHater, March 11, 2018, 04:54:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jgphillips3

I hate that they put two SEC teams in the same part of the bracket but we got a very beatable #2.  We have a legitimate shot to make the Sweet 16.  Guess we couldn't ask for much more.

SPAL

Hog_Fink

TebowHater

Midwest Region

1 Kansas
16 Penn

8 Seton Hall
9 NC State

5 Clemson
12 New Mexico State

4 Auburn
13 Charleston

6 TCU
11 Arizona State/Syracuse

3 Michigan State
14 Bucknell

7 Rhode Island
10 Oklahoma (A 10 seed! Ha.)

2 Duke
15 Iona

Hulk HOGan

As soon as I saw that we were a 7 I thought we'd be playing NC in round 2 again. Honestly, not a bad draw. I could see Sweet 16. Possibly Elite 8.

40MINSOFHELL

Letsroll1200

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 11, 2018, 05:29:07 pm
No North Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky, or Duke in our region...

Butler-Perdue-TTech-Villanova

It's a draw that could get MA back to the Elite Eight or tossed in the 1st game.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Dirty

We are in.....I like this side of the bracket.  Some of you complain about anything.

Big Daddy

40MINSOFHELL

hoglady

Location sucks - but the draw is not bad.

Get past the first game and we have a legit shot of making the Sweet 16.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TebowHater

West Region

1 Xavier
16 NC Central/Texas

8 Missouri
9 Florida State

5 Ohio State
12 South Dakota State

4 Gonzaga
13 UNC Greensboro

6 Houston
11 San Diego State

3 Michigan
14 Montana

7 Texas A&M (20-12...same seed as us...but at least we aren't this 7 against UNC)
10 Providence

2 UNC
15 Lipscomb

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on March 11, 2018, 05:37:14 pm
Havd you seen their big men? 😂
Yes the dude just said on live TV that Gafford would eat them alive!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

jst01

I like it. Rather have Purdue than many of the other 2's and even some 3's. We may lose but I think our guards give us a shot

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on March 11, 2018, 05:35:27 pm
I predict gafford will dunk on Purdue big man.

Spoken like someone who doesn't know they have two 7+ footers
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Gonzo

Quote from: LZH on March 11, 2018, 05:33:12 pm
Since when is Boise in the south and San Diego in the east? I don't understand where these guys get their ideas sometimes.

They've been doing the pod thing for a few years now, trying to create better local/regional flavor for the first weekend. They don't really settle into the "regions" till the Sweet 16. I like it, would have loved if the Hogs were coming here to Dallas.

Plus, the pods make it so much easier for them to make sure UNC and/or Duke play within an hour of home the first weekend.

Go Hogs!

RoyHobbs92

Hog_Fink

they will pack that zone down. we will have to hit from outside

DeepFreeze

Pretty good draw there, I know the 6th and 7th seed thing but oh well if we and Florida get there we win.

I like the placement, we could go places with it, just take care of Butler first.

40MINSOFHELL

BDSCT51

Bleeding Razorback Red

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 11, 2018, 05:30:45 pm
Strong finish, should've got the 6 to Dallas.

Really pisses me off that we got a 7 and Florida a 6. They got Dallas and we play two teams very close to Detroit.

No doubt we got screwed.

Oliver

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 11, 2018, 05:42:31 pm
Really pisses me off that we got a 7 and Florida a 6. They got Dallas and we play two teams very close to Detroit.

No doubt we got screwed.

TCU getting a 6 is just as big of a joke

TebowHater

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 11, 2018, 05:42:31 pm

No doubt we got screwed.

SEC Tournament does nothing. Committee decides these things before the tourney even happens. We should save our legs.

TheRazorback500

We beat Florida and they got Dallas. Better draw, however. I'm cool with the Motor City.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: galactivation on March 11, 2018, 05:41:13 pm
they will pack that zone down. we will have to hit from outside

Great we shoot the 3 about as good as anybody.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Ironhawg on March 11, 2018, 05:27:29 pm
Dropped to a 7.

The Committee must have thought we are not a strong 7 seed since they shipped us to Detroit and since they have us playing a tough match-up in the 1st round (Butler), and if we get by them we will have to play perhaps the strongest 2nd seed in the entire tournament (Purdue).

One of the main reasons why the Committee may have felt we are not a strong 7 seed is because 3 of our losses are to probable NIT teams (Mississippi State and LSU).  Mississippi State though perhaps should have got in the NCAAT instead of Texas A&M and Missouri.

SPAL

TebowHater

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 11, 2018, 05:39:32 pm

OK they have two 7 footers and Gafford will still dunk on them..You want to bet he doesn't get a dunk?

DeepFreeze

Quote from: TebowHater on March 11, 2018, 05:43:06 pm
SEC Tournament does nothing. Committee decides these things before the tourney even happens. We should save our legs.

Yeah that decision was already made.  Really we are probably a 7th seed cause we won that game.

Just saying.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 11, 2018, 05:44:09 pm
The Committee must have thought we are not a strong 7 seed since they shipped us to Detroit and since they have us playing a tough match-up in the 1st round (Butler), and if we get by them we will have to play perhaps the strongest 2nd seed in the entire tournament (Purdue).

One of the main reasons why the Committee may have felt we are not a strong 7 seed is because 3 of our losses are to probable NIT teams (Mississippi State and LSU).  Mississippi State though perhaps should have got in the NCAAT instead of Texas A&M and Missouri.
do you know who Florida lost too? Yep, it's righed
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Ironhawg

Has anyone seen Butler this year?  How tough are they going to be?

tennesseehogwild

Really don't think Oklahoma (18-13), Texas (19-14), or Bama (19-15) should have gotten in. Glad the SEC got some love but some pretty good mid majors get left out again....sucks!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 11, 2018, 05:39:32 pm

Where are those two 7 footers? I just checked their roster and not a single player is listed at 7 foot???

tennesseehogwild

la20688

STLHogFan

BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

DeepFreeze

Early wins matter.....always have.  The Sooners were probably our biggest win for the committee cause it was so early.

They are too old to process late wins which always hurts us.  Beat big time programs early if you want in the big dance.

RyeHogFan

rljjr

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 11, 2018, 05:17:21 pm
It's all about the money, Trae young will attract, I'm so sorry Oklahoma St..

No he won't. There are so many games that first day that OU's ratings will more than likely be lower than most other games. There's not enough of an OU basketball following to push the needle. People will tune in toward the second half to watch them lose. OU is a complete basketball joke.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 11, 2018, 05:49:50 pm
Where are those two 7 footers? I just checked their roster and not a single player is listed at 7 foot???

It seems you either don't know how to recognize a 7 or are looking at the wrong team. Either way, you're not worth helping figure out your issues.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

masbas3

Butler I think will be a tough game for our Hogs, I don't know why some are already looking at Purdue for.  This is a tough draw for us.

STLHogFan

BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 11, 2018, 05:55:27 pm
It seems you either don't know how to recognize a 7 or are looking at the wrong team. Either way, you're not worth helping figure out your issues.

http://butlersports.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball    NO 7 footers on this roster maybe you don't know what 7 footers actually mean..