Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jordan Curtis Shines

Started by Oklahawg, August 26, 2016, 10:53:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

Jordan Curtis was player of the game in week one, as Jenks pulled away from Owasso 41-23.

Curtis answered a long Owasso TD Pass (QB Troy Hudson rolled out and on the move hit in stride a WR about 40 yards downfield for a 60+ yd TD) with an 80 yard run on the next offensive play. The play was to go left but there was nothing there. He planted, cut, was gone, outrunning a fast Owasso secondary.

Later in the 2nd half, Curtis intercepted one of the few passes thrown his way and returned it 30 yards for a TD. That was the effective end of the game.

He almost scored late in the 1st half on a screen pass on what would have been a 70-yarder, or so.

Owasso only threw at him twice all night, and once it was intercepted. That tells you something.

He has a gear that few players have and when he plants and cuts up field he has a burst that is impressive.

Looking forward to watching him at UA in the future.

The Jenks TE Lateio (spelling?) looks like a stud as well. Good hands, solid speed, and a punishing blocker.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

SRV

We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

thehill1414

I saw the highlights of this one and Jordan looked really good. Owasso is a very good 6A team that produced Keon Hatcher for those not familiar with Oklahoma football.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra