Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs ranked 16 in recruiting

Started by Music City Hog, August 22, 2016, 07:14:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 30, 2016, 10:20:15 am
Winning teams recruit better players.  It's a big part of why they win.  Arkansas doesn't attract top 15 classes. That won't change based on how many subscriptions are sold
pppssshhhh. We'll see about that. I bet next year's class is top 15. Hell, this year's class will be top 20.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 30, 2016, 11:04:41 am
pppssshhhh. We'll see about that. I bet next year's class is top 15. Hell, this year's class will be top 20.

20-35
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 30, 2016, 11:04:41 am

You're right about one thing.  We will see. That's literally the only option. Waiting to see the future results.  However, as has been stated before, Arkansas doesn't traditionally (basically never) doesn't attract top 15 classes. There is literally no arguing that. And I highly doubt this years class is any different. Or next year. or the next. or the next

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 30, 2016, 11:38:55 am
You're right about one thing.  We will see. That's literally the only option. Waiting to see the future results.  However, as has been stated before, Arkansas doesn't traditionally (basically never) doesn't attract top 15 classes. There is literally no arguing that. And I highly doubt this years class is any different. Or next year. or the next. or the next
Traditionally our facilities were ass. They aren't now. Traditionally we couldn't recruit La. that, too, has changed. Traditionally we recruited similar in Basketball, too, but look at the top 10 classes year after year we are stacking up there (sitting @ #7 in 2017, #1 in 2018, and @ #2 in 2019 currently- on the heels of last years' top 20). It's coming to football, too. Think about how big a headstart we have on 2018 class now that we are almost done for 2017 befor the season even starts. It will pay dividends next year as we reel in a dozen 4*s.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 30, 2016, 11:45:25 am
Traditionally our facilities were ass. They aren't now. Traditionally we couldn't recruit La. that, too, has changed. Traditionally we recruited similar in Basketball, too, but look at the top 10 classes year after year we are stacking up there (sitting @ #7 in 2017, #1 in 2018, and @ #2 in 2019 currently- on the heels of last years' top 20). It's coming to football, too. Think about how big a headstart we have on 2018 class now that we are almost done for 2017 befor the season even starts. It will pay dividends next year as we reel in a dozen 4*s.

I admire your optimism.  I just can't get there.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on August 30, 2016, 11:51:52 am
I admire your optimism.  I just can't get there.
I feel you but nobody thought Mike Anderson would be getting the players we've been landing either. I'm not even talking about upgrading our recruiting by much, maybe a couple more 4*s instead of 3s. Hell, if we keep winning and getting players drafted we'll start getting more 3s that end up bumped after their Arkansas commitments. The 'respect factor'. It's coming.

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 30, 2016, 12:58:10 pm
I feel you but nobody thought Mike Anderson would be getting the players we've been landing either. I'm not even talking about upgrading our recruiting by much, maybe a couple more 4*s instead of 3s. Hell, if we keep winning and getting players drafted we'll start getting more 3s that end up bumped after their Arkansas commitments. The 'respect factor'. It's coming.

We have to start winning to keep winning.  :)
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Mike is finally recruiting like he has a job to keep, but let's be honest; outside of a couple of juco guys, he's building it with in state guys. You get 3 stud instate guys for basketball in one year and things can turn around quickly.  3 stud guys in football and so what?  The sheer numbers just aren't there for football so I just don't see the Mike argument holding water here. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on August 30, 2016, 01:01:41 pm
We have to start winning to keep winning.  :)
we already turned the corner. It's all good, baby. finished with 6/7 and fired the guys who cost us the miss st game.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 30, 2016, 01:33:01 pm
Mike is finally recruiting like he has a job to keep, but let's be honest; outside of a couple of juco guys, he's building it with in state guys. You get 3 stud instate guys for basketball in one year and things can turn around quickly.  3 stud guys in football and so what?  The sheer numbers just aren't there for football so I just don't see the Mike argument holding water here.
The best player out of the whole lot isn't an in-state guy (Perry). Yeah, he has ties, but still. Either was Barford/Bailey/Jones/Hazen. These aren't all in-state guys, man. About half. I feel you, but still.

He wasn't getting them before and is now. I think the new facilities have helped, as has getting guys drafted (both sports). And, man, if you can't already see it idk what to say. We have a helluva haul right now in football and will surely see a couple more 4*s jump on board and a couple more appear out of the current group of 3*s as the evaluations continue through their senior seasons.

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 30, 2016, 03:21:31 pm
we already turned the corner. It's all good, baby. finished with 6/7 and fired the guys who cost us the miss st game.

Last season was very disappointing.  Have to win more this year.
1909/1964/1965/1977

booth1249

We are clearly going to be jumped by several schools.   Just look at our number of commits and their star/point averages. 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 30, 2016, 03:24:12 pm
The best player out of the whole lot isn't an in-state guy (Perry). Yeah, he has ties, but still. Either was Barford/Bailey/Jones/Hazen. These aren't all in-state guys, man. About half. I feel you, but still.

He wasn't getting them before and is now. I think the new facilities have helped, as has getting guys drafted (both sports). And, man, if you can't already see it idk what to say. We have a helluva haul right now in football and will surely see a couple more 4*s jump on board and a couple more appear out of the current group of 3*s as the evaluations continue through their senior seasons.

Hey man, I'm not going to rain on your parade. I'm 100% hopeful that your optimism is justified.  I just see it differently

Bubba's Bruisers

I would be shocked if we got top 15 this year, or any year.  It would be a giddy shocked, though. 

I'm not qualified to evaluate a class other than look at the offer sheet.  The offer sheet for this class is pretty typical of past classes.  Much better coaching staff, though.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Horse racer

I agree with the above, however this is August, I expect a lot of changes in offers and stars between now and January

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 30, 2016, 04:42:13 pm
Hey man, I'm not going to rain on your parade. I'm 100% hopeful that your optimism is justified.  I just see it differently
I got you man, I can't convey tone on here but I aint mad at ya. Just calling it like I see it. Im not, as you probably already know, some complete homer/optimist. Maybe I've talked myself in to something but I think we'll look back at this summer as when we turned the corner in recruiting, or last year even.