Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Six commitments played last night, stats on five

Started by Richard Davenport, August 20, 2016, 06:11:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Seebs

I pay for the paper - I guess I would have to pay more to see stats.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on August 21, 2016, 08:32:58 am
I pay for the paper - I guess I would have to pay more to see stats.

Are you registered? It's my understanding several were having trouble logging in and were told to remove their cookies for that site, and log back in. I've had to click twice to see the forums about half the time.

Hawgar The Horrible

1.) Take the 2 minutes required to register.
2.) Check the "Remember Me" box the first time you log in.
3.) Click on the links. 

The content Davenport links here is FREE because he is placing it in their recruiting forum. It doesn't take a scientific rocket to figure that out.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

samurai

wont let me register just keeps showing the login wont display the registration page

Seebs

August 21, 2016, 09:40:09 am #6 Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:50:55 am by Seebs
Registered  - check
Buy the paper - check
Was able to log on a few weeks ago - check
Deleted cookies - check
Unable to get anything to load from Board how screen - check
Re-reading the directions and following them to a T - check
Considering the value of buying the paper and not being able to access 'free' content - check
Wondering when Hawgar was in Africa because his breath smells of dik-dik - check
Having worked at the Demozette previously and know the priority it puts on all thing technical I have no faith that this will become functional for many of us in the near future.

RD - if you actually post something I deem essential for recruiting on this abomination of an insider board I will pull the plug on my subscription. I pay enough to not be teased with free info that is not accessible by many subscribers because we didn't erase the appropriate cookie or jump through the appropriate hoop. Its a flawed system that is not well tested or implemented and is frustrating, especially with nobody at the paper able to assist with issues we are having.   Just makes the paper look bad and behiind by decades functionality wise

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

It's not a good system, there were several complaining they couldn't login on Safari and maybe other browsers. I'd say outside the articles which are linked on Twitter, there isn't any discussion worth registering for, haha. Most of it is complaining about logging in, or the board setup.

Seebs

Well - after some testing it turns out it does not work with Google Chrome, which is good to know.

fullfan

Registered a few weeks back and got in fine all the time.  Now it does not even recognize email address.  Done wif it.

Mike_e

Sorry Rich, I know you are working just as hard but you seem to be taking huge steps backwards.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

razorhog52

Yeah, it's becoming so much hassle. I can't log in anymore from Safari. Hate that Richard works hard to get info out that nobody will read.

tophawg19

can anyone just share the numbers , if you can read it

TrueBlue

Chase Hayden: 8 carries for 246 yards and 4 TDs

Not bad....

tophawg19

wonder what he did the 2nd half ? . hot dog , coke and nacho's ?

TrueBlue

Maleek Williams: 12 rushes for 84 yards, 2 TDs

Daulton Hyatt: 13 of 18 for 237 yards, 2 TDs, 1 Int, 7 rushes/48 yards

TrueBlue

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 21, 2016, 07:46:34 pm
wonder what he did the 2nd half ? . hot dog , coke and nacho's ?

Yes, he ran the concession stands, parked cars, performed a one-man marching band at halftime, and taught a coaching clinic to the other team after the game. Very impressive.

theFlyingHog

Was going to register. Started filling out info. Home address required. That's f@$!ing stupid.

whosiskid

BTW, I know I'm fighting a losing battle on this one, but Pierre Strong had a merely average game to start the season. Arkansas HS Player of the Week on 215 yards on 15 carries resulting in 6 TDs to lead McClellan to a win over Dallas Episcopal.  They Play NLR this weekend, which should be a very interesting game. I might even try to see that one live.

I wasn't able to see the page RD listed for the reasons others' couldn't, but I assume that Pierre got left off the list since he isn't an Arkansas commit, though he clearly is a Razorback fan. I've still never found out why we've cooled on him. I have three theories, which I have had to concoct since I can't get any of the professional gurus to weigh in on this. The theories are: 1) he  is one of those kids who doesn't look great at combines, but kills it on the field. 2) While his grades are OK, he hasn't gotten a good ACT back yet. 3) While his 40 time is OK, it isn't blistering. What I do know is that he has put up some jaw dropping stats in taking McClellan from a 1-10 record to a 10-3 one last year, and a state championship game. He seems like a really nice kid who loves the Hogs. To be fair, he hasn't been getting any big time offers, though a lot of big time programs keep looking at him. Auburn is currently evaluating him. Scout stated bluntly last summer that we were about to offer him but then we didn't.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

LTCHawg

I am signed in to the link but can't open any of the content. Have been following for 10 years from around the world wiith both Hogville and Wholehog Sports.

Rzback

September 09, 2016, 08:17:48 am #20 Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:07:25 pm by Rzback
Having similar problem, says I'm not authorized to view, yet I'm logged in. Ever since the Whole Hog Sports change it's been worthless, even being registered.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%