Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maleek Williams update

Started by GoHogzzGo, August 18, 2016, 10:07:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogzzGo

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1697278-fl-s-no-14-rb-remains-rock-solid-to-the-hogs

Nice read on Scout re-stating how much he likes UA.

Love the kid's size, can't wait to see him in our system.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

The_Boot_stops_here

redleg

This kid seems faster than the 4.59 forty time listed in the article.  ???
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

COCHISE

Quote from: redleg on August 18, 2016, 02:32:16 pm
This kid seems faster than the 4.59 forty time listed in the article.  ???
:razorback:
I'm impressed that a 220 lb'er can run a 4.59.

blu

With a 10.8 100m time as a soph, I'm betting true 40 is somewhere closer to the 4.42 than the 4.59. Sounds like a great prospect. Thanks RD.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

ArkansasI

For every single fan that believes committed players should "have fun" and "take their visits", I offer the following quote from Maleek in the article Richard attached:

"Williams use to talk to other schools after his commitment to the Hogs, but that's not the case now.

'I was a little bit, but I realized how unhealthy that was making my relationship with Arkansas and how much I was set with Arkansas,' Williams said. 'I kind of have to be mean a little bit and not talk to other schools just out of respect to my commitment.'"

Maleek gets it.  If you want to keep developing relationships, you're not ready to commit.  It's that simple.

RedyorNot

Good article, appreciate the share.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: ArkansasI on August 19, 2016, 08:37:29 am
For every single fan that believes committed players should "have fun" and "take their visits", I offer the following quote from Maleek in the article Richard attached:

"Williams use to talk to other schools after his commitment to the Hogs, but that's not the case now.

'I was a little bit, but I realized how unhealthy that was making my relationship with Arkansas and how much I was set with Arkansas,' Williams said. 'I kind of have to be mean a little bit and not talk to other schools just out of respect to my commitment.'"

Maleek gets it.  If you want to keep developing relationships, you're not ready to commit.  It's that simple.
And not to pick on Maleek, he really gets it, but I wish more kids were like this.  Don't commit until you are sure, but be sure.  Don't commit and then flip 2 weeks later because you went to the next school on your list and changed your mind.  Name a leader, name a top 5, but wait until you are sure.

rzrbk4life

"Williams use to talk to other schools after his commitment to the Hogs, but that’s not the case now.

Definitely sounds *uncommon*. Sounds like a great kid. WPS
Let's call those hogs!!!!

ThisTeetsTaken

The coaching staff sends out something to the players when they commit concerning what a commitment means and keeping your word and such.  He might even had said they send it to kids that haven't committed yet, not sure.  Heard CBB talk about it about a week ago.  Sounds like a good idea.  Way too many kids today (even ones with a Dad in so called good homes) don't know what it means to give someone their word.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

lasthog