Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema: I didn't leave my house for 48 hours after losing that game

Started by gchamblee, January 23, 2017, 07:27:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 23, 2017, 08:04:49 am
I don't want a coach that's real.  And is realness is not real,  he's painting a picture of himself being sad so fans feel sympathetic.  Ok, who cares.  Coach a team and win games.  Tell me something football related, I don't care about your emotions.
Just whine ,baby!

kaki

I don't want a coach that's real.  And is realness is not real,  he's painting a picture of himself being sad so fans feel sympathetic.  Ok, who cares.  Coach a team and win games.  Tell me something football related, I don't care about your emotions.
You must be a real joy to be around. Fortunately, this board, Razorback athletics and probably the majority of things in the world are not all about what you want. 

Hogusta National

Quote from: code red on January 23, 2017, 07:57:40 am
All of it sounds like excuses to me. Typically when a coach admits stuff like this the next year is a struggle....IMHO.

Uhhh... so which is it?  Is it typical or is it just your opinion.  Couple different things going on with your post. 

KCHOGFAN

Quote from: gchamblee on January 23, 2017, 07:49:36 am
i thought it was rather complimentary of Drew Morgan. I wouldn't mind being used as an example of of how reliable i am under normal circumstances. like i said, if you look for negative you will surely find it....even if you have to stretch a little to achieve it.
^^^ Exactly how I read it. 

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 23, 2017, 08:20:13 am
He's already said he expects the 10th coach rule to pass and that coach will have a huge emphasis on special teams.

Has anyone really thought out this 10th coach thing?  You are basically adding 120 jobs to college football...  Anyone know where 120 coaches are currently unemployed waiting on a phone call?  It will be interesting

I think those 120 coaches are already filling out GA positions. D-1 coaches really do go through hell before they're ever given a shot at running a position coach. I think you'll also see more Co-defensive/offensive titles. Essentially you're just adding another paid spot instead of making your GA's work for the peanuts that they currently do.

More than anything, special teams will more than likely have their own position coach, if that makes sense.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 23, 2017, 07:34:37 am
What's the upside to throwing Morgan under the bus again? That's probably in the top 5 of rules you don't break in order to keep a cohesive team. The old, "We win, they did it. We lose, I did
Quote from: 3kgthog on January 23, 2017, 07:34:37 am
What's the upside to throwing Morgan under the bus again? That's probably in the top 5 of rules you don't break in order to keep a cohesive team. The old, "We win, they did it. We lose, I did it."
You think stating a fact was throwing DM under the bus.  Wow, I bet your bus looks like an 8 year olds bed underneath. Drew fumbled.  Fact.
You probably subscribe to "alternate facts" don't you?
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 23, 2017, 09:23:04 am
I hope we do win 9 or 10 games next year.  His action and reactions he is stating publicly make me think that's it's not in the books however.

I'm not criticizing your belief that CBB can't get it done here.  The honeymoon is over, and it appears that some organizational problems caused the team to lose football games this year.

I am criticizing your decision to read something that doesn't exist into a press conference quip simply because you don't like the guy. 

SemperFi

Do we have less coaching staff than other SEC schools?

"Staff-wise, we're probably one of the smaller staffs in the SEC, when you start counting up in the box. We're tapped out and have been told by rule there are certain things we can't do, and we follow that."

Some of you must live perfect lives and every decision is made with precision and your plans are executed flawlessly. Walk on water lately?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hoghappy

and. We don't care about your emotions either. Put on your big girl panties and stop crying.

Shutup

Here's the theme on Hogville.

Posters who aren't happy with mediocrity post their concerns.

Mouth breathing knuckle staggers come along and Bash them in every way imaginable.

Some of you would kill your whole family to defend Bert. It's disturbing the man crush you people
Have on a coach that's yet to break the 30 win mark in 4 years. Maybe Bert should call Petrino and get some ideas on what it takes to win here.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Shutup on January 23, 2017, 10:48:45 am

Mouth breathing knuckle staggers come along and Bash them in every way imaginable.

Some of you would kill your whole family to defend Bret. It's disturbing the man crush you people
Have on a coach that's yet to break the 30 win mark in 4 years. Maybe Bret should call Petrino and get some ideas on what it takes to win here.

Now THAT is a first post for the ages. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Shutup on January 23, 2017, 10:48:45 am

Some of you would kill your whole family to defend Bret. It's disturbing the man crush you people
Have on a coach that's yet to break the 30 win mark in 4 years. Maybe Bret should call Petrino and get some ideas on what it takes to win here.

Name is 2 posters who defend him to the point of choosing him over the lives of their families?  Also what is your other name on here?

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: SemperFi on January 23, 2017, 10:33:57 am
Do we have less coaching staff than other SEC schools?

"Staff-wise, we're probably one of the smaller staffs in the SEC, when you start counting up in the box. We're tapped out and have been told by rule there are certain things we can't do, and we follow that."

Some of you must live perfect lives and every decision is made with precision and your plans are executed flawlessly. Walk on water lately?

Dafaq kind of excuse is he coming up with now?  "We can't compete because other sec schools have better/more staff. And we follow the guidelines while other sec teams break rules."  Well boohoo.

LIke another poster more eloquently put it, there are $millions of reasons he doesn't care and why he spouts excuses for the gullible passionate fans to sympathize.

PORKULATOR

You're not a pathetic excuse for a Sports fan.
You're a pathetic excuse for a human being.
Self-righteous jerk.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 23, 2017, 10:07:57 am
You think stating a fact was throwing DM under the bus.  Wow, I bet your bus looks like an 8 year olds bed underneath. Drew fumbled.  Fact.
You probably subscribe to "alternate facts" don't you?

How many times a man jump offsides?  Where there any interceptions thrown by Hogs QB? Where there any missed tackles or dropped interception on d? How many other missed assignments were made, blocks, holding, FALSE STARTS etc..? I can guarantee there was plenty of blame to go around.  Heck a coach is no longer with the program.  Using Morgan as the scapegoat is very alarming.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on January 23, 2017, 10:59:30 am
How many times dI'd an Oline man jump offsides?  Where there any interceptions thrown by Hogs QB? Where there any missed tackles or dropped interception on d? How many other missed assignments were made, blocks, holding etc..? I can guarantee there was plenty of blame to go around.  Heck a coach is no longer with the program.  Using Morgan as the scapegoat is very alarming.

In the context of the quote he was talking about multiple peoples along mistakes they don't usually make, and using Morgan as an example.  I didn't see a scapegoat personally.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2017, 11:01:50 am
In the context of the quote he was talking about multiple peoples along mistakes they don't usually make, and using Morgan as an example.  I didn't see a scapegoat personally.

I'm not discussing this with you.

You're part of what's wrong with society.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on January 23, 2017, 11:04:18 am

You're sweet. Head back to your safe space.

onebadrubi

Lol this should be good. I have a feeling you aren't what you believe you are in society since calling porkrinds out.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 23, 2017, 07:42:29 am
So our coach hid in a house for two days instead of leading his team,  great.

They weren't in school then and were off for the holidays still after the bowl game until class started. 99.99% of them weren't even on campus then unless they had to be there for rehab of injuries or something like that. Your troll attempt is weak. Everyone deserves some time off and they certainly did.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SemperFi

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on January 23, 2017, 10:54:38 am
Dafaq kind of excuse is he coming up with now?  "We can't compete because other sec schools have better/more staff. And we follow the guidelines while other sec teams break rules."  Well boohoo.

LIke another poster more eloquently put it, there are $millions of reasons he doesn't care and why he spouts excuses for the gullible passionate fans to sympathize.

I asked a question. If you don't have an answer for it then move along. I really do not care about hearing about how upset you are with the current coaching situation. You sound like one of those idiot protestor's standing on the side of the street holding up a "He's Not My President" sign instead yours reads "He's Not My Coach".
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

gchamblee

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on January 23, 2017, 10:59:30 am
How many times a man jump offsides?  Where there any interceptions thrown by Hogs QB? Where there any missed tackles or dropped interception on d? How many other missed assignments were made, blocks, holding, FALSE STARTS etc..? I can guarantee there was plenty of blame to go around.  Heck a coach is no longer with the program.  Using Morgan as the scapegoat is very alarming.

I find it alarming that you know how to spell assignment but struggle with something simple like how to use where and were.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: SemperFi on January 23, 2017, 11:09:49 am
I asked a question. If you don't have an answer for it then move along. I really do not care about hearing about how upset you are with the current coaching situation. You sound like one of those idiot protestor's standing on the side of the street holding up a "He's Not My President" sign instead yours reads "He's Not My Coach".

Oh yes bro that's me. You pegged me perfectly

What question?  Asking someone if they are Jesus?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on January 23, 2017, 10:54:38 am

Bielema is more interested in 15-20 years making a coaching salary than failing and just taking his buyout. Unlike you and others on here, a one time payout worth 3-4 years of salary isn't what that man wants. Because if he has to receive that buyout it means he failed.  To get to the spot he and other coaches are at they don't like failure one but, and refuse to lay down and "bleed".  I guarantee you the last thing on his mind is that buyout, he's more worried about being fired for his performance than money.  But I wouldn't expect you to understand that. After all, you would probably sell your soul for 60,000, prolly the equivalent of 3-4 years salary just like Bielemas buyout.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

If you make a habit of avoiding people that are smarter than you, you are going to be a very lonely person.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: gchamblee on January 23, 2017, 11:11:44 am
I find it alarming that you know how to spell assignment but struggle with something simple like how to use where and were.

It's alarming that you can capitalize "I" in alot of your posts.  What the hell does it matter? Are we in Grammer class?

SemperFi

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on January 23, 2017, 11:11:52 am
Oh yes bro that's me. You pegged me perfectly

What question?  Asking someone if they are Jesus?

No, that wasn't my question but was instead a statement, however if the shoe fits......

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 23, 2017, 07:56:54 am
How bout being in your office in case your players or coaches want to speak to you.  How bout being in the expensive film room we have and review the last two games to ensure we never have those atrocities of games again.  Instead he was probably watching real housewives of whatever with Jen and planning his next trip to the Bahamas after recruiting season.

The man didn't need to go to his office as the players weren't there. Even IF they wanted to talk to him they all have his phone number and could have called. Maybe some did and he didn't say. He didn't need to review film then or even talk to coaches and perhaps he did talk to some coaches. Maybe he told everyone to take some time off. They all deserved it, players and coaches and all the staff. They worked over the holidays more than you did I bet. He has plenty of time before things crank up again to review film, collect his thoughts, set his strategy and do what HE thinks is best and doesn't need some troll like you telling him how to do his job when you have NO experience doing his job or anything close to that type job I'd bet.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: gchamblee on January 23, 2017, 11:13:12 am
If you make a habit of avoiding people that are smarter than you, you are going to be a very lonely person.

LOL.  I wouldn't call someone who uses phrases like "cheeto head" to describe the US president as being very intelligent.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on January 23, 2017, 11:12:48 am
lol what is happening

Carl is having a meltdown. He needs a pudding cup, a coloring book, and a pat on the head.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: SemperFi on January 23, 2017, 11:14:08 am
No, that wasn't my question but was instead a statement, however if the shoe fits......

What's the question then?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on January 23, 2017, 11:15:42 am
LOL.  I wouldn't call someone who uses phrases like "cheeto head" to describe the US president as being very intelligent.

It's cheeto faced. Get it right.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: gchamblee on January 23, 2017, 08:15:35 am
i did not know this. shows how long it has been since i have browsed a magazine rack lol.

No need to browse a magazine rack...........simply log onto the internet! That's what we all do now. Somehow I bet you already knew that though....................Haha!

onebadrubi

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on January 23, 2017, 11:15:42 am

Or that can't even spell grammar.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2017, 11:17:06 am
Carl is having a meltdown. He needs a pudding cup, a coloring book, and a pat on the head.

I'm not the one who locked himself in his house for 3 days.

onebadrubi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hobhog on January 23, 2017, 08:55:05 am
Good grief. HILARIOUS -post of the year.

It was the troll post of the year so far. We still have a long way to go before the end of the year. I'm sure he can top it before then. If not unfortunately there are plenty of others on here that will try!

gchamblee

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on January 23, 2017, 11:13:51 am
It's alarming that you can capitalize "I" in alot of your posts.  What the hell does it matter? Are we in Grammer class?

Your problems run much deeper than grammar (notice the proper spelling). I do not capitalize when I am on my laptop, because I am usually reading/posting while laying bed. Being lazy and being stupid are not the same thing. My fault goes away with a 10 foot walk while yours will persist through years of education.

Hardcore Hoggy

Razorback fans , we sure are a weird lot. We go from "coach sure is a jerk for calling out Reggie Fish's fumble in that game" that actually COST us the game to " I don't see any problem with coach singling out a single player for their errors even though the entire team imploded" in less than a decade LOL

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 23, 2017, 11:19:24 am
You might if you had a woman to enjoy

There's more to life than "hopping on the wife"  although he strikes me as having a false self.  So I'm not surprised.  As do most of you.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: gchamblee on January 23, 2017, 11:21:06 am
Your problems run much deeper than grammar (notice the proper spelling). I do not capitalize when I am on my laptop, because I am usually reading/posting while laying bed. Being lazy and being stupid are not the same thing. My fault goes away with a 10 foot walk while yours will persist through years of education.

Dude you have no idea of what I know by a couple posts.  Have you ever heard of autocorrect? I'm on a phone.  It doesn't matter.  There will be more players to use for scapegoats in the future.  Uncommon.

hawgon

Who is telling him we are tapped out and can't hire more people by rule?  Jeff Long?  Are the rules different for us?  Is there a reason our staff is smaller than others?  If not, why do we place these restrictions on ourselves?  You see guys like Saban hiring former head coaches to do nothing but watch films and make suggestions. Is he saying we can't or won't do things like that?  If it is can't, then why?  If it is won't, then why?

Is this Bielema subtly complaining that Jeff Long won't let him do some things he would like to do?  These are obvious follow up questions that could be asked but never seem to be asked at Arkansas.

lutherheggs

"Bielema said he first approached defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads about the idea of becoming defensive coordinator when the season ended. When Robb Smith went to Minnesota, Bielema spoke with candidates, including Bob Diaco, and ultimately moved Rhoads up. Bielema doesn't expect to have any other changes among the full-time staff."

I find it humorous to see the way Smith's exit is phrased. Yes, he did go to MN, but it wasn't like he was looking to move down a notch in coaching ladder, which he did by taking a job at MN after his AR gig. And he did not just go...he was fired/asked to move on or whatever euphemism you would like to use for being fired.

gchamblee

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on January 23, 2017, 11:26:42 am
Dude you have no idea of what I know by a couple posts.  Have you ever heard of autocorrect? I'm on a phone.  It doesn't matter.  There will be more players to use for scapegoats in the future.  Uncommon.

So, you're saying that autocorrect is changing were to where, but it isn't changing grammer to grammar? You should probably buy a new phone.

#1Fan

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 23, 2017, 11:32:31 am
"Bielema said he first approached defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads about the idea of becoming defensive coordinator when the season ended. When Robb Smith went to Minnesota, Bielema spoke with candidates, including Bob Diaco, and ultimately moved Rhoads up. Bielema doesn't expect to have any other changes among the full-time staff."

I find it humorous to see the way Smith's exit is phrased. Yes, he did go to MN, but it wasn't like he was looking to move down a notch in coaching ladder, which he did by taking a job at MN after his AR gig. And he did not just go...he was fired/asked to move on or whatever euphemism you would like to use for being fired.

Smith stated that he had "philosophical differences with coach Bielema" and resigned.  Either that's true, or he was fired.  None of us will ever know.

#1Fan

Quote from: gchamblee on January 23, 2017, 11:21:06 am
Your problems run much deeper than grammar (notice the proper spelling). I do not capitalize when I am on my laptop, because I am usually reading/posting while laying lying in bed. Being lazy and being stupid are not the same thing. My fault goes away with a 10 foot walk while yours will persist through years of education.

Since we are in grammar class.

PorkRinds

My apologies to everyone. I should have ignored the personal attack and not gotten into the gutter with him.  One day I'll learn my lesson.  :-\