Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early signee "official" sizes

Started by Biggus Piggus, January 18, 2017, 12:00:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

OL Dalton Wagner - 6-9, 315 (listed by 24/7 as 6-9, 312)
OL Shane Clenin - 6-6, 295 (listed as 6-6, 285)
OL Kirby Adcock - 6-5, 300 (listed as 6-5, 280)

RB Maleek Williams - 5-11, 230 (listed as 6-1, 215)
QB Dalton Hyatt - 6-4, 180 (listed as 6-4, 182)

CB Korey Hernandez - 5-10, 170 (listed as 6-0, 175)
LB Kyrei Fisher - 6-2, 235 (listed as 6-2, 230)

Who knows whether the heights/weights listed in the UA bios yesterday are right, but some of the numbers differ quite a bit from those listed on the 24/7 recruiting profiles.

I like Williams's 5-11, 230 much better than 6-1, 215.
[CENSORED]!

PorkSoda

didn't we get a JUCO WR and TE? or were they not early signees?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 18, 2017, 12:04:28 pm
didn't we get a JUCO WR and TE? or were they not early signees?

The heights/weights they used for those announcements came from recruitnik profiles.
[CENSORED]!

PorkSoda

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 18, 2017, 12:11:56 pm
The heights/weights they used for those announcements came from recruitnik profiles.
okay, so no 'UA Official' measurements yet

I was actually surprised that most of what you listed were similar, with the exception of MW and CH
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 18, 2017, 12:13:23 pm
okay, so no 'UA Official' measurements yet

Yes, they put out the news after they received the paperwork, before the players arrived on campus. Arkansas couldn't announce the midterm freshmen until the first day of the spring semester.
[CENSORED]!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 18, 2017, 12:00:53 pm
I like Williams's 5-11, 230 much better than 6-1, 215.
Not if it slows him down... ???
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Jackrabbit Hog

Has Vin Ascolese gained any weight yet?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 18, 2017, 12:28:30 pm
Has Vin Ascolese gained any weight yet?

Nope, some say he looks like a ghost.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 18, 2017, 12:35:43 pm
Don't worry about that.
So your saying he hasn't lost any speed? If not then that's great! We need some impact players with SEC type speed.

The_Iceman

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DeltaBoy

Good looking bunch of young men , Glad I not paying to feed them.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

factchecker

Here are some graphics for the early enrollees:

Mid-Year Jucos:

Early Enroll High School:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jackrabbit Hog

Love the photo of Shane Clenin.  He looks a lot like OTR's cousin Festus, and Festus is meaner than a cottonmouth cornered in a grain bin.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

nchogg

I like that photo also. Those linemen will be helping him off the turf after a tackle.  :razorback:

bennyl08

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 18, 2017, 12:26:50 pm
Not if it slows him down... ???

His HS listed weight was 225. If 5 pounds slows him noticeably down, then I'd be surprised.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 18, 2017, 06:45:40 pm
His HS listed weight was 225. If 5 pounds slows him noticeably down, then I'd be surprised.

Well, the 5lbs I put on at Christmas slowed my ass down considerably.........

Youngsta71701

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 18, 2017, 06:45:40 pm
The weight the OP has listed is 6'1, 215. That's the weight I was going by. A 15 pound increase.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2017, 06:58:56 pm

5 lbs of prunes will do that...

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 18, 2017, 07:44:43 pm

If they rolled them in powdered sugar, or dipped them in almond bark, then they probably got eaten.....

Three and Snout

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2017, 06:58:56 pm

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 18, 2017, 07:44:43 pm

Wouldn't prunes speed his ass up?

Jackrabbit Hog

bennyl08

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 18, 2017, 07:28:05 pm
The weight the OP has listed is 6'1, 215. That's the weight I was going by. A 15 pound increase.

Hudl has him listed as 225. That's the problem with such things. You go to 3 different places and you probably get 3 different weights by 10 pounds, sometimes more. To further complicate things is that player's weights themselves are changing a lot.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkSoda

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 18, 2017, 07:57:47 pm
Hudl has him listed as 225. That's the problem with such things. You go to 3 different places and you probably get 3 different weights by 10 pounds, sometimes more. To further complicate things is that player's weights themselves are changing a lot.
no doubt.  they all have to be considered ball park numbers.  often players will bulk up in the off season and slim down during the season just due to work out schedules and eating habits etc.  its not like they do weigh ins before every game so we really don't know how much their weight fluxuates as the progress through the off season and into the season through the holidays and bowl season and back into the offseason.

Oklahawg

Is it an optical illusion, or does Fisher have some guns?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 18, 2017, 08:21:36 pm
no doubt.  they all have to be considered ball park numbers.  often players will bulk up in the off season and slim down during the season just due to work out schedules and eating habits etc.  its not like they do weigh ins before every game so we really don't know how much their weight fluxuates as the progress through the off season and into the season through the holidays and bowl season and back into the offseason.

I think they should. That would be awesome for somebody who likes numbers like me.

Amityvillehogger

Lol, Maleek & Kyrei... looks like some 6th graders signed their names. :D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PonderinHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 18, 2017, 08:24:45 pm
First thing I noticed.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Just started to get excited about Martin and Patten.  Both these players looked like Men playing against boys in their highlights. They will likely be the difference between a good vs a potentially great offense next year.

bennyl08

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 18, 2017, 10:38:10 pm
Just started to get excited about Martin and Patten.  Both these players looked like Men playing against boys in their highlights. They will likely be the difference between a good vs a potentially great offense next year.

Disagree. I think without those players, we have all the pieces for a great offense. I think the could be the difference between a great and an amazing one.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: factchecker on January 18, 2017, 01:52:16 pm
Here are some graphics for the early enrollees:

Mid-Year Jucos:

Early Enroll High School:

Yes Dalton Wagner Dan Skippers cousin lol. 6'9
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

nwahogfan1

I just hope we keep these guys at their ideal weight for them to use their athleticism for 4 quarters.  I get so tired of losing in the 2nd half and it seeming like every one has better athletes on the field than us.  I want speed baby.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 18, 2017, 10:41:18 pm
Disagree. I think without those players, we have all the pieces for a great offense. I think the could be the difference between a great and an amazing one.

With so many unproven guys on the outside? Hope you're right.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 18, 2017, 08:24:45 pm

Looks like he could arm tackle a buffalo.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Al Boarland

Nice! Got any 40 or shuttle times?

Dominicanhog

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 19, 2017, 11:49:02 am
Looks like he could arm tackle a buffalo.

I'd prefer that he form tackle that buffalo.