Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like it's going to be Paul Rhoads

Started by grayhawg, January 16, 2017, 09:59:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

grayhawg

factchecker

It wouldn't surprise me........ but how reliable is Trey?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawg Life

Quote from: grayhawg on January 16, 2017, 09:59:52 pm
As Arkansas DC.

https://twitter.com/trey1037TheBuzz/status/821192977750036484

I think that's been expected for a while. Real news would be what other changes are coming? Will their be a CO-DC? When will Segrest & Hargreaves be gone?

Otis

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:01:22 pm
It wouldn't surprise me........ but how reliable is Trey?

His last big inside scoop,had gtuden being named our next head coach, so who knows.

AirWarren

Hawgey-Davidson

I can dig it. Probably was  CBB's thinking a year ago. No surprises here to me. If true, great hire.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

AirWarren

The Boar War

So the guy who had a hand in our terrible defense this year is the answer for the future.

Hog Solo

Quote from: AP85 on January 16, 2017, 10:12:50 pm
Meltdown mode from the lonely old men of hogville time.

Lol.  Why not make this announcement immediately after the dc was fired? Obviously we struck out a time or two for finally settling.

hogman99

I'm excited about this hire. We will see a different defensive intensity in the fall.

Hawghiggs

Good.  Now let's change the D-line coach with Partridge, and bring in Trooper Taylor as a DB coach.

factchecker

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 16, 2017, 10:16:16 pm
Lol.  Why not make this announcement immediately after the dc was fired? Obviously we struck out a time or two for finally settling.

Maybe he wanted to announce it to the team first before letting the public know.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: The Boar War on January 16, 2017, 10:15:24 pm
So the guy who had a hand in our terrible defense this year is the answer for the future.

Pass defense was better, despite no pass rush.

WildRazorback

I'm sure he is a very good coach, and we will see at least marginal improvements next fall, but for the life of me, I just cannot see big-time defensive recruits lining up to play for him. He has had some success in the past, but most people (especially this younger generation that I am a part of) remember him from his mediocre stint at Iowa State. We have to have a dynamite hire for the newly opened DB job.

hogblitz

I posted this in another thread over a week ago:
I sure hope that it is not Rhoades that lands the job.  Nothing against Rhoades.  It just makes Bielema look like a complete idiot once again.  The reason being because he sacrificed the last half of the season by not firing Smith and inserting Rhoades when he was going to lead the defense anyway.  It should have happened after 543 yards rushing allowed against auburn. It shows he was not looking out for the best interest of the team and cares more about his buddies or image if this happens.   

My fear was true.  CBB is truly an idiot.

ricepig

Quote from: hogblitz on January 16, 2017, 10:21:21 pm
I sure hope that it is not Rhoades that lands the job.  Nothing against Rhoades.  It just makes Bielema look like a complete idiot once again.  The reason being because he sacrificed the last half of the season by not firing Smith and inserting Rhoades when he was going to lead the defense anyway.  It should have happened after 543 yards rushing allowed against auburn. It shows he was not looking out for the best interest of the team and cares more about his buddies or image if this happens.   

There's an idiot, but I don't think it's Bielema, lol.

The Boar War

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 10:19:27 pm
Pass defense was better, despite no pass rush.

Pass defense was better.  My question is if Rhoads had the answers to the problems on defense why weren't they implemented last year?  Was he locked out of defensive staff meetings?

Hog Solo

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:19:15 pm
Maybe he wanted to announce it to the team first before letting the public know.

Definitely it.  Recruits about to flock to another failed coach. 

Hog Solo

This guy gets it.  No recruit is going to be drawn to this crapstorm of ex coaches. No way the guy was behind our secondary last year.  This is a bad hire.

ricepig

Quote from: The Boar War on January 16, 2017, 10:22:32 pm
Pass defense was better.  My question is if Rhoads had the answers to the problems on defense why weren't they implemented last year?  Was he locked out of defensive staff meetings?

Do you think Diaco had the answers, or actually anyone?  Was he the DC, implementing the plan?

factchecker

R-H-O-A-D-S
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The Boar War

Rhoads may have been more involved behind the scenes.

ricepig

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 16, 2017, 10:25:13 pm
This guy gets it.  No recruit is going to be drawn to this crapstorm of ex coaches. No way the guy was behind our secondary last year.  This is a bad hire.

Well, several of our DB commits said they were happy with Rhoads, so there's that.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Sonofahog

Ok,  so it was an awesome hire when we hired him as DB coach, per the majority of posts on Hogville.  but now when he is made DC Bielema is an idiot??

I think I'll wait and see what type of product he puts on the field before I jump off the ledge.  But if you feel like jumping, by all means go ahead.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

colbs

lol you do realize you can be a good coordinator but a bad coach?  I guess Diaco is a bad DC or Kiffin is a bad OC because they couldn't cut it as a HC.

Tarheelhawg

CPR!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!  Now make us proud of the DEFENSE!

The Boar War

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 10:25:14 pm
Do you think Diaco had the answers, or actually anyone?  Was he the DC, implementing the plan?

Maybe.  I know Diaco had no part in the defense we put out there this season.

factchecker

This guy gets it.  No recruit is going to be drawn to this crapstorm of ex coaches.

Wasn't Diaco an ex-coach?

Let me hogblitz it for ya...

Wasn't Diadnoadfsflodo an ex-coach?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 10:30:32 pm
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/821209353617145856

That damn homer media.... koolaid drinkn media..... mediocre talent participation trophy media.  We shoulda hired that der Coach Diacaadollooo
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Arthur pigby sellers.

Great hire. He did an excellent job as DC at Pitt and his short stint at Auburn. Apparently the players respect and like him and he's already familiar with the program and players so the adjustment will be a lot less. 
Surprised some people on here are negative about this hire.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogblitz

I am in no way saying Rhoades is a bad coach.  We have a head coach with extremely bad judgement.   Obviously, he is concerned more about his buddies and image rather than the well being of the team. CBB could have sent a message to EVERYONE by firing Smith and inserting Rhoades after Auburn.  This would have also have Rhoades a jump on next year.  There is NO WAY that the midseason change could have made them any worse.  Bielema is in over his head and is getting paid millions to learn on the job.  Obviously, Alvarez played a bigger role in that program than many thought. 

HawgTide

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 16, 2017, 10:32:29 pm
Great hire. He did an excellent job as DC at Pitt and his short stint at Auburn. Apparently the players respect and like him and he's already familiar with the program and players so the adjustment will be a lot less. 

Never be surprised by the negativity on Hogville

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogs958

just please get it done. This merry go round with the defensive staff needs to be fixed.

Hog Solo

Never ever will say this a good hire until he shows us something.  On the staff that allowed most yards per game in history of the Razorbacks. Now because he's the dc we are supposed to be ok with this?  No forget this guy. He needs to prove his place.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 16, 2017, 10:40:52 pm
Never ever will say this a good hire until he shows us something.  On the staff that allowed most yards per game in history of the Razorbacks. Now because he's the dc we are supposed to be ok with this?  No forget this guy. He needs to prove his place.
Not going to take much for this defense to improve. He's in an extremely nice position.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Sivad

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 16, 2017, 10:32:29 pm
There are all kinds out there, I saw this coming when PR got here, I think it is a great hire just not as sexy as it would have been if he had taken a year off and came to us off the street! Cause you know it would be a lot different then, LOL!

RME

The ability for Arkansas fans to misspell the names of our own players and coaches is uncanny.

PORKULATOR

Okay... a step forward, but where's the hire that has FIX written all over it.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

braxhog

One thing that Rhoads brings that Smith didn't is intensity. He's a fiery, enthusiastic coach that can bring some intensity and emotion to the defensive room and huddle. Players respect that kind of passion, and it can have a trickle down effect to the players. That in itself is an improvement.

RME

Enos and Michael Smith on the staff that didn't score a point in the second half of back to back games? Fire them. Clean house.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Sonofahog on January 16, 2017, 10:27:19 pm
Ok,  so it was an awesome hire when we hired him as DB coach, per the majority of posts on Hogville.  but now when he is made DC Bielema is an idiot??

I think I'll wait and see what type of product he puts on the field before I jump off the ledge.  But if you feel like jumping, by all means go ahead.

If the timing was different (Rhoads takes a year off from coaching after ISU or makes it one more year and then becomes the DC) the majority would love this, outside the general malcontents.

Dismissing Rhoads as a coach because he was here for just last year is about the same as dismissing Anderson as an o-line coach. Maybe they suck (Rhoads has a history to back up that he doesn't, at least) but it's damn hard to judge them on one year working with less than ideal parts.

Plus, if Rhoads recruits better than Smith (early returns seem to indicate he might be a recruiting asset) and we fill the DB coaching spot with a good recruiter and bring Partridge on as DL coach the recruiting boost alone could be a big boost to the D.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hawg Life

We should be excited that we have a new D.C. and that CRS is gone. We should also be excited that we are changing to 3-4 and that will hopefully get more speed on the field.