TE - Lunney
WR - Smith
OL - Anderson

DL - Segrest
LB - Hargreaves
DB - Rhoads
Defensive Assisstant - ???
DC - ???

Would've loved to have both Diaco and Partridge.

Partridge will be on staff I believe.

ricepig

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 13, 2017, 06:37:10 pm
We can have 10 assistants now.

QB/OC - Enos
RB - Mitchell
TE - Lunney
WR - Smith
OL - Anderson

DL - Segrest
LB - Hargreaves
DB - Rhoads
Defensive Assisstant - ???
DC - ???

Would've loved to have both Diaco and Partridge.

Partridge will be on staff I believe.

No we can't, it's not even being voted on until April, and there's no guarantee it will be implemented this year. Sure the coach's voted for it, but the President/Chancellor's vote is the one that counts.

CDBHawg

The more I read on Erik Chinander, I think it'd be a great hire.

Defensive Assistants

ST-Co/DL - Partridge(Segrest out)
ILB - Hargreaves
Co-DC/OLB - Chinander
Co-DC/DB - Rhoads
DB/S - Henry

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 06:55:55 pm
No we can't, it even being voted on until April, and there's no guarantee it will be implemented this year. Sure the coach's voted for it, but the President/Chancellor's vote is the one that counts.

Let them wallow in ignorance.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

CDBHawg

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on January 13, 2017, 06:56:54 pm
Let them wallow in ignorance.

Well, looking at the prose in my post, it looked like I was wallowing in it.

Scott7703

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 13, 2017, 07:00:20 pm
It's going to happen.

If the 10th coach is what you are speaking of I agree.

Hawg Life

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 13, 2017, 06:56:21 pm

Defensive Assistants

ILB - Hargreaves
Co-DC/OLB - Chinander
Co-DC/DB - Rhoads
DB/S - Henry

I think Hargreaves will be gone too. Segrest may become special teams Coach. Partridge can and has also coached LB's.

Hogs958

then hire partridge, and get it done. why does it seem we take longer than normal with hires?

Tick Hog

Defensive Assistants

ILB - Hargreaves
Co-DC/OLB - Chinander
Co-DC/DB - Rhoads
DB/S - Henry

[/quote

Defensive Assistants

ILB - Hargreaves
Co-DC/OLB - Chinander
Co-DC/DB - Rhoads
DB/S - Henry

Unless I'm wrong you will only have 4 on the defensive side of the ball. We have 5 working the offense

tophawg19

correct CBB is the 5th on defense
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Sooie71923

I don't get the Partridge talk.

Isn't it all speculation? Or are people reporting he's been interviewed?

Even though there are no openings on the staff right now.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Sooie71923 on January 13, 2017, 10:37:27 pm
I don't get the Partridge talk.

Isn't it all speculation? Or are people reporting he's been interviewed?

Even though there are no openings on the staff right now.

Would he need to be interviewed?

He's been on BB's staff at two different schools.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 13, 2017, 10:48:39 pm

And you'd think he'd already be picked up if he wasn't coming here.

RebelW

I'm glad we didn't hire Diaco. He's a little frat boy that doesn't recruit the south. We have to have Florida and Texas kids. We need someone with ties to those places. From what I read at UCONN an ND is that he couldn't get along with anybody. Probably the other coaches on staff didn't like him if I were going to guess and that's IF hereally came here for an interview and not just to see Bret and talk about the 3-4, because Bret bring guys every year for that..

BOAR_N2BWILD

Anderson needs to go. I think that he and Robb Smith are musts for us to improve at all.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

JackJohnson

This is one rule change I'm completely against.  Bama and the rest of the west has better assistants in off field roles then B.ert has on with the likes of Segrest Hargreaves and Anderson.  The last thing we need is for the rest of our opponents to hire another stud assistant and we hire more dead weight

bulldog04

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 13, 2017, 10:48:39 pm

And Rhoads's once at Pitt

26.2Hog

Quote from: RebelW on January 14, 2017, 09:48:38 am
I'm glad we didn't hire Diaco. He's a little frat boy that doesn't recruit the south. We have to have Florida and Texas kids. We need someone with ties to those places. From what I read at UCONN an ND is that he couldn't get along with anybody. Probably the other coaches on staff didn't like him if I were going to guess and that's IF hereally came here for an interview and not just to see Bret and talk about the 3-4, because Bret bring guys every year for that..

A little frat boy?  You couldn't get a bid, huh?  snicker

lefty08

Can we stop with the co-DC talk?  It's not gonna happen, and if it did, it would be with a promote from within type hire. Nobody worth his salt is going to leave a job to be a co-DC, atleast not someone we would want.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: lefty08 on January 15, 2017, 07:19:35 am
Can we stop with the co-DC talk?  It's not gonna happen, and if it did, it would be with a promote from within type hire. Nobody worth his salt is going to leave a job to be a co-DC, atleast not someone we would want.

Chris Ash left for a Co-DC job at Ohio State. Just sayin. Not that I wanted him after I saw what he brought to the table.
Go Hogs Go!

King Kong

Quote from: lefty08 on January 15, 2017, 07:19:35 am

Kerry Cooks and Chris Ash would be good examples of proving otherwise

southeasthog

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 14, 2017, 08:11:21 pm
This is one rule change I'm completely against.  Bama and the rest of the west has better assistants in off field roles then B.ert has on with the likes of Segrest Hargreaves and Anderson.  The last thing we need is for the rest of our opponents to hire another stud assistant and we hire more dead weight

I thought we were going to stop with the immature nicknames.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: southeasthog on January 15, 2017, 08:00:07 am
I thought we were going to stop with the immature nicknames.
Now, that's a newsflash! No more immaturity allowed on Hogville!

Actually, I think after our showing the last two games, along with the routs in SEC play, the darksiders are once again in the ascendancy on Hogville. I think most people still personally like Coach Bielema (and Coach Anderson) but realize that both are extremely well-paid underachievers.

Sir Oinksalot

Let us just forget all about this national championship crap, it's never going to happen. While we are at it lets forget about winning the west, that's gone too. Let's hire us a real good Arkansas guy who knows football and pay him 1 million dollars and let's do this---let's recruit the best Arkansas high school players and give the scholarships to them.....forget about those hoodwinked in Miami or those 7 foot Goliaths from Utah who can push granny across the street in a shopping cart in their Sr. Year! Woo Hoo!

Give the schships to Arkansas kids and anyone else who WANTS to come here, and hire Arkansas coaches ....quit crisscrossing the Country for the next superfly and kicking shiit on NW Arkansas. because it's too white, it's one of the hubs of the World...

We will get paid just as much either way.

Lets all take e a deep breath, and check our ego at the door to happiness ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

lefty08

Quote from: King Kong on January 15, 2017, 07:56:51 am
Kerry Cooks and Chris Ash would be good examples of proving otherwise

So we want a guy like ash now?  I think it proves my point even further
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

King Kong

Quote from: lefty08 on January 15, 2017, 04:19:59 pm
So we want a guy like ash now?  I think it proves my point even further

Lol, how is that? Ohio State got a Big Championship DC as their Secondary coach and they won the National Title with it.

OU got ND best TX recruiter in Kerry Cooks because of it

The Great Hambino

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on January 15, 2017, 09:49:27 am
Let us just forget all about this national championship crap, it's never going to happen. While we are at it lets forget about winning the west, that's gone too. Let's hire us a real good Arkansas guy who knows football and pay him 1 million dollars and let's do this---let's recruit the best Arkansas high school players and give the scholarships to them.....forget about those hoodwinked in Miami or those 7 foot Goliaths from Utah who can push granny across the street in a shopping cart in their Sr. Year! Woo Hoo!

Give the schships to Arkansas kids and anyone else who WANTS to come here, and hire Arkansas coaches ....quit crisscrossing the Country for the next superfly and kicking shiit on NW Arkansas. because it's too white, it's one of the hubs of the World...

We will get paid just as much either way.

Lets all take e a deep breath, and check our ego at the door to happiness ...

This post has to be satire and sarcasm, right?

ArkansasI

Quote from: The Great Hambino on January 15, 2017, 05:09:09 pm
This post has to be satire and sarcasm, right?
Probably. But I agree with 37% of it.

lefty08

Quote from: King Kong on January 15, 2017, 04:54:34 pm
Lol, how is that? Ohio State got a Big Championship DC as their Secondary coach and they won the National Title with it.

OU got ND best TX recruiter in Kerry Cooks because of it

What?

Hawg Life