Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Irwin on the Forum Podcast w/John Nabors

Started by The NewEra, January 06, 2017, 10:37:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

I was just listening to Mike Irwin on the Forum.  The date was 1/04/2017.  Mike does a great job expressing his thoughts on the football and basketball programs as well as the one and done scenario in bb.  If you get a chance, listen to the podcast.  He provided some insight into the inner circle issues with the football program that I suspected, but wasn't personally aware of.

Mike, glad your back among the healthy.  Thanks for your perspective.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

HamIAm

I have no idea what or where "The Forum" is.  How about a link.

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HamIAm on January 06, 2017, 10:59:33 am
I have no idea what or where "The Forum" is.  How about a link.

OP has had a half hour to fix this fail. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Razorbackers

AirWarren

East TN HAWG

HamIAm

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 06, 2017, 11:12:40 am
I think he was on the Andy Griffith show or something? 

LOL

and I think he sings quite well.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Little Lady Back

Quote from: The NewEra on January 06, 2017, 10:37:20 am
I was just listening to Mike Irwin on the Forum.  The date was 1/04/2017.  Mike does a great job expressing his thoughts on the football and basketball programs as well as the one and done scenario in bb.  If you get a chance, listen to the podcast.  He provided some insight into the inner circle issues with the football program that I suspected, but wasn't personally aware of.

Mike, glad your back among the healthy.  Thanks for your perspective.

Listened as well. Great interview and perspective by Mike.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

ricepig

Kevin

so cbb relaxed on his discipline of his team .

that concerns me more, than x & o's
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Potosihog

Great insight.  Remember this statement in a few weeks (paraphrase) "To get this thing fixed he may have to let some players go.  Some of those will cause the fans to question him."  If there is cancer in the locker room you must cut it out.  Even if it is very talented players.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Potosihog on January 06, 2017, 09:11:07 pm
Great insight.  Remember this statement in a few weeks (paraphrase) "To get this thing fixed he may have to let some players go.  Some of those will cause the fans to question him."  If there is cancer in the locker room you must cut it out.  Even if it is very talented players.

Yikes.

Ironhawg

If you have not listened to this podcast, you really need to.  During the season the up and down nature of the team concerned me.  After listening to this insight from Mike Irwin I am even more concerned.

Sed76

So there are bad apples in the locker room. Didn't Bielema make a statement about recruiting your own problems?

Sho Nuff

Quote from: Sed76 on January 06, 2017, 10:20:47 pm
So there are bad apples in the locker room. Didn't Bielema make a statement about recruiting your own problems?
Exactly what I was thinking

devildoghawg

Just a warning, if you do open that Forum podcast, you need to scroll past the first "what the Friday" podcast.  Don't make the same mistake I did and listen to that, I'll never get that 13 minutes back.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

jdlew

/

Got any guesses who were some of the unhappy players?

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: jdlew on January 06, 2017, 10:50:02 pm
/

If I had to guess I'd say Will  Gragg, not based on anything other than just a feeling, could be dead wrong.

Ironhawg

/

The thing that Irwin said that was really concerning was about how some of the players causing problems who might be invited to leave would be a surprise to Arkansas fans and players we might not want to see go. 

jdlew

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on January 06, 2017, 11:00:20 pm
If I had to guess I'd say Will  Gragg, not based on anything other than just a feeling, could be dead wrong.

Had to be some guys that were getting some playing time....maybe some OL or DL...You know Reed was never happy...but I get the impression he was talking about some returning players...

devildoghawg

/

My guesses would be TJ Hammonds.  His dad made a lot of noise about no play time.
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

HamSammich

Guys who in the hell cares..: not the o be that guy but all of our players are average. I could care two tugs on a monkeys junk if any player on this team is unhappy. Irrelevant

I mean, awwweeee TJ Hammond's is upset holy crap what will we do!?!?!??????!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: prattville pig on January 06, 2017, 11:06:43 am
Who is John Nabors?
He was formerly a swimmer, now he's covering the Hogs.

He actually won 7 gold medals at the 1972 Munich Olympics, which was a record until Michael Phelps tied him with 7.

HognitiveDissonance

Yes, that's it. We couldn't catch anyone, tackle anyone, or 'set the edge' because there were a few malcontents on the team.

You could say that every year.

No need to go the soap opera route to explain things.

I guarantee you you can find a handful of malcontents on Alabama's team, too. They got 4-star guys who can't get on the field.

Al Boarland

Yeah, that's what we need. Turn loose the limited talent we have.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HamSammich on January 06, 2017, 11:24:46 pm
Guys who in the hell cares..: not the o be that guy but all of our players are average. I could care two tugs on a monkeys junk if any player on this team is unhappy. Irrelevant

This is one great fan.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hawgon

I can think of someone who appeared to be pretty obviously upset every single game late in the season and whose play reflected it.  And if he were sent packing, people sure as hell would question what is going on up there.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 07, 2017, 12:48:54 am
He was formerly a swimmer, now he's covering the Hogs.

He actually won 7 gold medals at the 1972 Munich Olympics, which was a record until Michael Phelps tied him with 7.

C'mon man....John Naber didn't medal in the '72 games, it was the '76 games.
He must have been devastated when the UofA dropped men's swimming.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Dr. Starcs

I don't take any of this crap seriously until people start naming names. 

devildoghawg

Quote from: hawgon on January 07, 2017, 08:13:03 am
I can think of someone who appeared to be pretty obviously upset every single game late in the season and whose play reflected it.  And if he were sent packing, people sure as hell would question what is going on up there.

Surely you aren't suggesting that Austin Allen is the culprit....that would be a nightmare.  When his line actually blocks, he's a top 10 QB.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 07, 2017, 08:33:33 am
I don't take any of this crap seriously until people start naming names. 

"Free Korliss"

JackJohnson

We are so slow and methodical in offering players because they have to check all of the uncommon boxes.  This causes us to have to play catch up in recruiting and one of the reasons our recruiting classes haven't ended with that wow factor on signing day.

Since every returning player on next years team is 100% signed off on by B.ert, this shouldn't be a problem next year.  Sounds like B.ert sold us a bill of goods on several different things

menace_hawg3

Quote from: hawgon on January 07, 2017, 08:13:03 am

Could it be Sosa? I hope not.

parallaxpig

Quote from: HamSammich on January 06, 2017, 11:24:46 pm

So you really don't want them to win more games..............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

hawgon

Quote from: devildoghawg on January 07, 2017, 08:36:08 am
Surely you aren't suggesting that Austin Allen is the culprit....that would be a nightmare.  When his line actually blocks, he's a top 10 QB.

I'm not suggesting anything other than he was pretty obviously upset.  But if you want to hear actual rumors about that sort of thing, you'll need to listen to more podcasts by the media.

parallaxpig

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 06, 2017, 10:41:19 am
Who is Mike Irwin?

If you love listening to Rosy Rick and Randy and Homer Bo then please don't listened to Mike Irwin...........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on January 07, 2017, 08:58:54 am
I'm not suggesting anything other than he was pretty obviously upset.  But if you want to hear actual rumors about that sort of thing, you'll need to listen to more podcasts by the media.

Yeah, those guys throw out any and everything. When times aren't going as well as one perceives, then a lot of finger pointing is done. What's that old saying about pointing your finger at someone and three pointing back at you?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 07, 2017, 09:02:14 am
If you love listening to Rosy Rick and Randy and Homer Bo then please don't listened to Mike Irwin...........

Can't wait to hear what Mike is peeved about next week.
More on his new cell phone?...Maybe his dislike of corn?....Monk?...Irrational Hogville posters?

online-with-swine

Quote from: hawgon on January 07, 2017, 08:58:54 am

He definitely didn't display the attitude of a leader.  If, big if, he is the problem then we need to move on.  We have a back up who has the potential to make us better.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2017, 09:05:02 am
Can't wait to hear what Mike is peeved about next week.
More on his new cell phone?...Maybe his dislike of corn?....Monk?...Irrational Hogville posters?

Just the HV posters that post rumors, but don't back them up with ant facts.......

Hognspace

Sounds like the leadership on the team is seeing through the bs that this coaching staff is feeding them and the fans.  I had heard this but wasn't sure what to make of it.  It is time for this guy to go he is not the leader of young men we are looking  for he is a bit narssistic like Nutt in that his personality must be the biggest in the room. 

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2017, 09:04:51 am
Yeah, those guys throw out any and everything. When times aren't going as well as one perceives, then a lot of finger pointing is done. What's that old saying about pointing your finger at someone and three pointing back at you?

Yeah, they should really pay attention to that shouldn't they.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2017, 09:06:40 am
Just the HV posters that post rumors, but don't back them up with ant facts.......

Oh, like some members of the media? I get ya'.😉