Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 NIT bid?

Started by big boes, March 17, 2006, 07:28:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

big boes

should we have accepted the NIT bid last year?  seemed obvious today that we didn't have post-season experience.  would it have made a difference?

HoopS

HOGLIGULA

not only no, but hell no HEATH has tourney experience and did nothing to motivate this team he the true leader and got left behind today
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

Method Ham

OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

Method Ham

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 17, 2006, 07:32:27 pm
not only no, but hell no HEATH has tourney experience and did nothing to motivate this team he the true leader and got left behind today

The players didn't have experience and they are a part of the equation too.  Maybe 4 points worth.
OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

HoopS

maybe so but we will never know... that's why I voted no and no.

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: Method Ham on March 17, 2006, 07:33:08 pm
Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 17, 2006, 07:32:27 pm

The players didn't have experience and they are a part of the equation too.  Maybe 4 points worth.

The players aren't freshman!! they are all sophmores, juniors and seniors no excuse
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

imahoggie

this team quit last year. if we did accept the bid we most likely would have hosted a first round game and lost. sure we would have gotten
3-4 more practice days but just to loose another game. it would have had no impact on this year at all.
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

big boes

it seemed to me that ferguson and brewer both paniced on the last offensive possession.  there were still 15 seconds remaining.  i just wondered if more experience in that situation would have allowed them to feel more comfortable and get a better shot.

and heath may have tourney experience, but he hasn't coached in the postseason in 4 years.  and it was apparent today.  he gave us NO CHANCE to get a good shot.  down 2 and we should have had a play that would help create a good shot.  we had the ball with 30 seconds left and a 57-55 game to win an ncaa tourney game and coudn't even run a decent play.

a little experience might have helped.

mword

Quote from: big boes on March 17, 2006, 07:28:03 pm
should we have accepted the NIT bid last year?  seemed obvious today that we didn't have post-season experience.  would it have made a difference?

Probably not.

Arkiejared

IMO, I don't think you can ever get worse by practicing and playing more games in a year.

zwhogfan

no and no, that team last year had absolutely quit playing. I think another game might have damaged their confidence even further.

Razorback88

If we had any fire left at all last year, it would have helped.  Today our guys played like it was their first time in the postseason---because it was.  But the way they acted at the end last year, it wouldn't have done any good.

HatfieldHog

Had our attitude and morale been good at the end of last season, it might have done us some good, but we had poor attitude and even poorer morale, so it would have only prolonged the misery.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!