Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't give up now!

Started by hawgnut, March 17, 2006, 05:57:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgnut

Yes, just like every TRUE fan, I am disappointed with the way our team played today.  I am sure THEY are disappointed.  How many teams would have loved an invite to the big dance?  This is just the beginning.  I think in the long run, this season will help us in recruiting.  Ronnie Brewer WILL be back next year.  I know this will be a great incentive.  Look at Memphis.  They won the NIT last year and are a 1st seed this year.  We are rebuilding.  This team has given this fan plenty to cheer about.  To the Seniors, my hog hat goes off to you, thanks for the memories.  To prospective team next year......This is only the beginning.  Don't give up now---Hog Nation will return!

mtownhog

They lost in the semis of the Nit last year

BigHog396

Quote from: hawgnut on March 17, 2006, 05:57:07 pm
Yes, just like every TRUE fan, I am disappointed with the way our team played today.  I am sure THEY are disappointed.  How many teams would have loved an invite to the big dance?  This is just the beginning.  I think in the long run, this season will help us in recruiting.  Ronnie Brewer WILL be back next year.  I know this will be a great incentive.  Look at Memphis.  They won the NIT last year and are a 1st seed this year.  We are rebuilding.  This team has given this fan plenty to cheer about.  To the Seniors, my hog hat goes off to you, thanks for the memories.  To prospective team next year......This is only the beginning.  Don't give up now---Hog Nation will return!
Pump that sunshine, pump that sunshine, pump that sunshine... WOO HOO!

neblon

Take Tennessee for example. Same players, NEW coach and where are they now?
A #2 seed

reh

Think about it guys - Hill's progress being the same as it was from last year to this - McCurdy having the experience - and the seniors that didn't do very much for us are gone - I'm sick of saying wait till next year too but he may be right

nwarazfan

This may be Stan's LV Bowl.  I never forgave Nutt for that coaching management of the entire trip.  I'm not sure I can Stan for this.  I've spent 4 years defending him.  Can't after today. 

Topcat

Schaeffer, is that you?

Topcat

Why does it take FIVE years to rebuild a basketball program?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

This is such CRAP.

We lost today because we got out-coached.  Heath was determined to live or die by Ferguson and Donterrible and WE GOT MURDERED.  They were HORRIBLE. 

If he would have played Brewer at point, with McCurdy coming in and feeding the ball inside, we would have KILLED BUCKNELL.

They could not stop us inside. 

INSTEAD, we were treated to what Ferguson dribbling up the court, stopping, then jacking up bricks.  On defense, we got to watch these (him and Donterrible) supposedly "wonderful" defenders get lit up by their guards.  THEY COULD NOT SCORE INSIDE.  WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

WE SUCKED IT UP TODAY, AND THINGS DO NOT LOOK BRIGHT.

:puke:
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hogman64

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 17, 2006, 08:06:20 pm
This is such CRAP.

We lost today because we got out-coached.  Heath was determined to live or die by Ferguson and Donterrible and WE GOT MURDERED.  They were HORRIBLE. 

If he would have played Brewer at point, with McCurdy coming in and feeding the ball inside, we would have KILLED BUCKNELL.

They could not stop us inside. 

INSTEAD, we were treated to what Ferguson dribbling up the court, stopping, then jacking up bricks.  On defense, we got to watch these (him and Donterrible) supposedly "wonderful" defenders get lit up by their guards.  THEY COULD NOT SCORE INSIDE.  WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

WE SUCKED IT UP TODAY, AND THINGS DO NOT LOOK BRIGHT.

:puke:

Look at the bright side..........Donterrible and Ferguson  are no longer Hog basketball players......now that should raise your spirits a little...Props to Ferguson for  his play during the 6 game winning streak, but I am ready for him to move on, he has proved to be way to inconsistent for my taste...........

reh

What is "such crap" is that the reason we lost is coaching - the reason we lost is SHOOTING!!!!!  We scored 55 points - did you hear that????? - 55 points!!!!!! - Stan doesn't shoot the ball - And yet, we came close to beating them - these kids need the seasoning that this tournament and the graduation of the non-producers hopefully will give them - My gripe with Stan is that he seems to be committed to a fault to the seniors so that they can have the experience of playing in the big games in their last year

Quote from: reh on March 17, 2006, 08:27:36 pm
What is "such crap" is that the reason we lost is coaching - the reason we lost is SHOOTING!!!!!  We scored 55 points - did you hear that????? - 55 points!!!!!! - Stan doesn't shoot the ball - And yet, we came close to beating them - these kids need the seasoning that this tournament and the graduation of the non-producers hopefully will give them - My gripe with Stan is that he seems to be committed to a fault to the seniors so that they can have the experience of playing in the big games in their last year
We didn't miss inside.  They couldn't stop us.  Heath should have taken advantage of this and said, "Whoever jacks up another shot without working the ball inside I am going to bench your ass the rest of the game...GOT THAT???"

But noooooo, he passively let Ferguson jack up brick after brick after brick.....

Unfreakingbelievable.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

reh

It was hard to tell, being there - but it looked like Bucknell had it figured out - how to keep us from getting it inside - it seemed that every time we threw it inside they were collapsed in there and intercepted it, or somehow kept us from shooting it from the inside - so then we went back outside and couldn't hit it

lunchbox72703

Quote from: neblon on March 17, 2006, 07:51:42 pm
A #2 seed

and a last second shot from being out of the tourney in the first round too ;)  just ribbin ya for fun lol

Quote from: reh on March 17, 2006, 08:36:00 pm
It was hard to tell, being there - but it looked like Bucknell had it figured out - how to keep us from getting it inside - it seemed that every time we threw it inside they were collapsed in there and intercepted it, or somehow kept us from shooting it from the inside - so then we went back outside and couldn't hit it
That's b/c Ferguson and Dontell don't have a PG mentality.  They don't bounce pass, or fake a pass to the wing to open up the high post.  They also don't know how too get everyone moving.  AND they don't know how to penetrate and then dish the ball off.

McCurdy does this like it is second nature to him.  Brewer does a much better job also.

I am sick, just sick.  We should be playing that toilet of a city's team Memphis tomorrow.

neblon

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on March 17, 2006, 08:38:44 pm
Quote from: neblon on March 17, 2006, 07:51:42 pm
A #2 seed

and a last second shot from being out of the tourney in the first round too ;)  just ribbin ya for fun lol

win by 1 or 100 same result
I wish we were a last second shot away from being out

reh

You're right - we should be playing tomorrow - but if we were and we played like we did today, Memphis would beat us by 30 - I watched that game after ours and they're good - actually, if we'd played like we did today ORU would have beaten us tomorrow - they're better than you'd think - Me too!! I'm sick -- hell, I'm down here having spent a bunch of money to spend the weekend and now looking at going back home with my tail between my legs - excuse me while I go throw up

hogballs

The reason we only had 55 points is because we let them dictate the pace of the game.  Those guys were run down by the first 5 minutes of the second half.  We should have run them out of the building and then once we built a lead, then pound it inside and make them foul us and send us to the line.  They were not deep on the bench.  This should have been an easy win for us and because of the coaching, it was not.

mikeirwin

Some of you expected too much out of this team. They have no point guard. Not one. They have no consistent inside scorers probably because they have no point guard.
This is also a soft team. They get pushed around a lot.
Heath is a new school "What, me worry ?" type coach.
I prefer a crazy guy like the Bucknell coach who looked like he was gonna kill somebody every time Arkansas managed a basket.
If Stan keeps recruiting he'll have some decent teams. But he'll never go deep into the tournament with his "players coach" approach.

BigHog396

Bravo, MIKE!  It all comes back to coaching.  However, I still don't see how everyone thinks Heath is such a great recruiter.  Who has he gotten here, that makes you think he is a good recruiter?  Not trying to be argumentative, just a sincere question.

hogman64

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 17, 2006, 08:59:12 pm
Some of you expected too much out of this team. They have no point guard. Not one. They have no consistent inside scorers probably because they have no point guard.
I prefer a crazy guy like the Bucknell coach who looked like he was gonna kill somebody every time Arkansas managed a basket.
If Stan keeps recruiting he'll have some decent teams. But he'll never go deep into the tournament with his "players coach" approach.

with all due respect Mike.. when a team beats two different #10 teams in the last 5 games of the regular season I dont think a win over Bucknell is to much to ask....... Heath blew it.. no other way to view it...........

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 17, 2006, 08:59:12 pm

I agree Mike.  But I do think Brewer and McCurdy running the point would have given us a chance...This aspect was also bad coaching.

reh

Mike - I haven't been reading this board for too long but this appears to be the first time that I remember you being down on Heath - I sort of agree in that it seemed like he tried to get pumped up and mad the last few games of the regular season and it worked but he reverted to his "what me worry" style in the SEC tournament and today - I don't know if it was too much to expect from this team to beat a team like Bucknell - not to say that they're a bad team but they're not SEC caliber - I really didn't expect to go past Memphis but I did expect to play them and I don't think that was expecting too much - I'm really beginning to think that Heath is not capable of coaching in this league although I hate to say it because I like him personally - All that said, he's here next year - FB won't fire him after he got to the NCAA for the first time, expecially with all of the other issues that would go along with it - so what do we do - Did you watch the ORU/Memphis game?  What do you think about Scott Sutton?

Flatfoot

Sean Sutton would be a great choice for the so called up and comer Frank wants so he can look like a genius again.  Heath needs to go back to the big 10.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

reh

Not Sean Sutton at OSU - Scott Sutton at ORU!!!!

HatfieldHog

Quote from: nwarazfan on March 17, 2006, 07:59:52 pm
This may be Stan's LV Bowl.  I never forgave Nutt for that coaching management of the entire trip.  I'm not sure I can Stan for this.  I've spent 4 years defending him.  Can't after today. 

I think that there is some truth in your post for all of us.  Of course, I will forgive Stan.  God kinda says that I have to!  But I think that I know what you are talking about.  The Las Vegas Bowl and the Music City Bowl were "coaching loses."  The players were not the problem in either of those games, and, todays game is probably the same.  For me, with HDN, the only way that he redeems himself, is to WIN!  For Stan, the rebuilding time is now over, and our graces will return when he WINS!

This is not harshness, it's just being accountable with the program.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Quote from: HatfieldHog on March 17, 2006, 09:21:18 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on March 17, 2006, 07:59:52 pm

I think that there is some truth in your post for all of us.  Of course, I will forgive Stan.  God kinda says that I have to!  But I think that I know what you are talking about.  The Las Vegas Bowl and the Music City Bowl were "coaching loses."  The players were not the problem in either of those games, and, todays game is probably the same.  For me, with HDN, the only way that he redeems himself, is to WIN!  For Stan, the rebuilding time is now over, and our graces will return when he WINS!

This is not harshness, it's just being accountable with the program.

See ya
Great posts, IMO.

reh

I really don't think this was a "coaching loss" - it was a playing loss - maybe their lack of ability to play was because of coaching but I don't see it

jkstock04

So how did ole Dontell do today....PLAYING IS LAST GAME AS A RAZORBACK?? (cheers in the background)  I sure as hell won't be missing his horrible play any more.  I didn't get to watch the game...and only got to listen to the very end cause I was tied up at work...I didn't get to see the "Ferguson jack up a shot every time he touches the ball" show.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Thrilbilly

Quote from: hogballs on March 17, 2006, 08:56:25 pm

The reason we only had 55 points is because we let them dictate the pace of the game.  Those guys were run down by the first 5 minutes of the second half.  We should have run them out of the building and then once we built a lead, then pound it inside and make them foul us and send us to the line.  They were not deep on the bench.  This should have been an easy win for us and because of the coaching, it was not.
Heath said he was afraid to press because he did not want our shooters legs to get tired. THIS IS BS. This is the FREAKIN NCAA Tourney. When the game ends and you have lost you should have left everything on the court. When you are behind pull out all stops. Don't be STUPID enough to stick with some preconceived notion that you had before the game that is not working. Leave it all on the line or don't even bring it in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 17, 2006, 09:47:43 pm

So how did ole Dontell do today....PLAYING IS LAST GAME AS A RAZORBACK?? (cheers in the background)  I sure as hell won't be missing his horrible play any more.  I didn't get to watch the game...and only got to listen to the very end cause I was tied up at work...I didn't get to see the "Ferguson jack up a shot every time he touches the ball" show.

Trust me, Dontell and Jefferson were doing exactly this.
I feel bad even saying this, I know they are good kids.
Ferguson plays his heart out.  I blame HEATH for continuing to put the ball in Ferguson's hands.

jkstock04

Whenever Ferguson gets the ball on offense, theres a 99% chance that he's gonna shoot it.  Sometimes he makes incredible shots....sometimes he shoots bricks.  Sounded like today he was shooting mostly bricks....at one point during the game I heard on the radio that he air-balled a pretty much wide open lay up....nice.  By the way, has anyone else ever noticed that Dontell's ball handling skills are on the same level as Steven Hills'??  GEEEEZZZ....when you look at it this way, it almost seems absurd to think we had a good shot at getting to the Sweet 16.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 17, 2006, 10:22:16 pm
Whenever Ferguson gets the ball on offense, theres a 99% chance that he's gonna shoot it.  Sometimes he makes incredible shots....sometimes he shoots bricks.  Sounded like today he was shooting mostly bricks....at one point during the game I heard on the radio that he air-balled a pretty much wide open lay up....nice.  By the way, has anyone else ever noticed that Dontell's ball handling skills are on the same level as Steven Hills'??  GEEEEZZZ....when you look at it this way, it almost seems absurd to think we had a good shot at getting to the Sweet 16.
Toward the very end of the game, we were down by 2, but with momentum and we had the ball...until he jacked up a 3....."Brick!".

Ronnie?
Modica?

I have not been that pissed in a long time..