Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thread for those of you who went to the game.

Started by Tejano Jawg, March 17, 2006, 04:48:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

I'm wondering who went to the game and who is back on their computer by now. I live in Dallas, and figured I might as well go back to work and be depressed rather than go home and be depressed.

I didn't want to rehash what's been covered on a bunch of other threads...(yeah, we didn't shoot worth a S and they did)...I'm curious what you guys who went to the game "live" can share for those who weren't there.

For one, I thought the Arkansas turnout was great. As for the crowd "impact" on the game...sometimes it's hard to separate judgment of our fans from the game itself. The crowd was really good at times, but there was never a series of plays in the game that fired everyone up for an extended period. The game was too slow...too Bucknell. They kinda kept us (the Arkansas crowd) out of it. That's really too bad because, even though the arena was far from full, all the Hog fans were ready and waiting for that big play to ignite everything. I've been to every one of our 19-straight Dallas wins since the late '80s...and I know what that looks like. I remember how deafening Reunion Arena used to be...how Arkansas crowds and great games went in sync. Why today was so different is kinda hard to say.

Anyone else who was there have a view of this game? To all you "homies" who drove down for the game, I'm sorry my fair city didn't treat us all better. It's too bad our win string was snapped. I sure was looking forward to the crowd that would have showed up for the Memphis game. Now THAT would have been something.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Lanny

The team played flat and there wasn't much to cheer about.  Do realize that this Heath coached defense has given up 21 threes the past two games?  That is inexcusable!

It's very quite in Dallas and alot of pissed off hog fans.  Bucknell should never beat Arkansas but when you don't play pressure defense and can't shoot free throws you go home after the first round.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

reh

I gave mine in the BE SURE TO STRETCH thread

94 Hawg

bucknell had no answer for us driving the lane, aside from our missing freethrows. We could (should) have done that all day along with pressure defense switching from full to half court at times. Several times in the first half they passed the ball out of bounds when pressured.

we got suckered into playing bucknell's style, my throat will be sore for a week.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

They could not stop us inside.  We should have pounded it in, and driven more. 

And once again, Heath waited too long to pressure them defensively.

The crowd was great, super loud at times.  The mood at Dick's Last Resort this morning was electric and there was a sea of red on the streets.  After the game, I agree, a lot of pissed off fans, including myself and the people I was with. 

I sold my tickets to the rest of the games and went home.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07