Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HEY GUYS!

Started by razorbackfan4life, March 17, 2006, 04:39:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackfan4life

When you get a chance, watch all the games in the tourney you can just so you will se how sucky our offense is.  It blows my mind how we made the tournament with such a terrible "motion" offense.  You have to admit Heath's offense is boring as hell and it never does any good half of the time.  There is no motion....all it is, is pass(hold the ball for 3 secs) pass, over and over again.  There is no intensity in it.  I just watched the Oral Roberts vs. Memphis game, and both of those teams could beat us easliy because their coaches actually know how to run an offense.  ITS JUS SO DAM AGRIVATING!!!!!!!

hogman64

Seems like we can screw up so many little things... like today did anyone notice on that long three the guy threw in with a second on the shot clock..... as he was funbling around trying to get control of the ball instead of extending his arms in the air and totally covering the guy in case he did get it under control and tried to  chunk it at the basket , vincent hunter just stands there with both arms to his sides and watches him get it under control then half a** throws one arm up too late to impede his shot.. that was a lucky shot but it never should have had a chance with proper defense.......thats just basic common sense, dont give him a chance.............

SupaCrawf

Hey You!  Learn to Spell! :)

When we execute, the offense works.  When you can't hit any open three's, the zone is hard to crack.  When you miss shots from 4 feet, you're not going to win.  No, it's not the NBA, we're not going to run the ball up and down the court and score 120.  But, mark my words, this system works, we will execute it better next year, and we will be a 4-5 seed. 
I'm kind of a big deal.

razorbackfan4life

Hey Supa that's pretty lame to point out someone's spelling in a message board.  I bet you feel real cool going around telling people they spell wrong.  Hey here's a tip, come up with a better argument, and stop making excuses like a lot of you are good at.  Shooting a three pointer isn't the only way to beat a zone their bud.

Josef

Supa.....have your balls dropped? Do you even understand basketball? You break a zone by pentrating and dishing off. I dont expect 120 points a game. I expect some common sense and decent coaching. Who cares about spelling on a message board.....btw You should never start a sentence with "But"

lunchbox72703

guys....season's over with....time to join sides and root for a winning baseball team!!!!

razorbackfan4life

Baseball just isn't the same as doing good in basketball and football...........it's so sad :(.

SupaCrawf

Smiley faces mean it's a joke....
Speaking of arguements, I guess yours is that since ORU and Memphis was a more exciting game, we should run their offense.  Maybe call the players in, make them watch Memphis, and say, "hey, go play like you're Tigers".  That's what I get from your post.  Good point.

I have posted that, early in the season, we were stagnant, that the motion wasn't being run correctly.  But, we improved, we ran it better, and we beat two top 10 teams with it. 

You're right, the 3 isn't the only way to bust a zone, but knocking down the open one's is the best way.
I'm kind of a big deal.

razorbackfan4life

That's not what I'm implying....what I'm saying is that we have a terrible offense, easy enough.

SupaCrawf

This was the first year of this system for these players.  They started to figure it out, and while it will never be the most exciting, it will win games down the line.  I guess I'll just have to 'agree to disagree.'  If you want excitment, watch an 'And 1' mix tape.  I'll take fundamental basketball.

If our Football team struggles with it's new system early, will you be ready to fire Gus?  Or, if we're exciting, but we lose games, will that be good enough?
I'm kind of a big deal.

razorbackfan4life

If this is what your so called fundamental basketball does, BRING ON THE MIX TAPES!

SupaCrawf

I hear the Rim Rockers are fun to watch!
I'm kind of a big deal.