Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bucknell's D

Started by Niels Boar, March 17, 2006, 02:08:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Niels Boar

You have to tip your hat to their defense.  They are never out of position on D in the halfcourt.  We almost never had an uncontested look.  I kept expecting a quick run would put us on top for good in the second half, but they never let us breathe. 

LA HAWG

You just gotta make adjustments to your strengths.  Memphis will roll them.

Niels Boar

Quote from: LA HAWG on March 17, 2006, 02:09:42 pm
You just gotta make adjustments to your strengths.  Memphis will roll them.

When Arkansas was aggressive on D, they looked real shaky on offense.  Unfortunately we were too passive.  I don't think Memphis will submit to their pace as willingly as we did.  Their ballhandling wasn't good enough to let them do what they did to us.

WxHog

Bucknell's D allows only an average 55 points a game.   Thats exactly what they did to us today.

Hog1751

Bucknell was also smart because every time we made a run they would slow down and take 30 seconds off the clock, laze us to sleep and hit a shot.

Niels Boar

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 17, 2006, 02:17:26 pm
Niels, how much of that passiveness would you chalk up to NCAA nerves? I think Bucknell's tournament experience was a big factor. They did this last season. None of the Arkansas players had any NCAA experience until today.

It certainly seemed a factor in FT-shooting, which was the difference between escaping and going home.  Our guys did look afraid to make a mistake on O.

codeHog

You play in the SEC, it is chicken crap to say the NCAAs scared seniors into missing FTs that high school girls make. IMHO

Bucknell just beat us because they have such a big name, huge gym and a lot bigger recruiting budget

endub

Their D WAS huge today. Combine with unreal 3 point shooting, us not hitting free throws and none of our players besides Modica showing up, I can see why we lost.
"I jus wanna know where da gold at."

SupaCrawf

Their D was solid, and our guys were tight.  We never got on a roll, so Bucknell stuck to the plan.  I hate to say it, but they out played us.  Thier experience showed, as did our inexperience.  If that had been regular season, we would have scored 70.  But, when you can't shoot threes, and airball 4 footers, any D looks good...
I'm kind of a big deal.