Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Future

Started by Dirk Piggler, March 17, 2006, 02:06:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk Piggler

Are we going to be any better next year? Do you think we will win the SEC West next year? Iam starting to have doubts about the future of this team.

razorbackfan4life

With Stan Heath as coach, I will doubt every minute of our season.  He's just not a good coach!  You could tell that Bucknell had a better coach because they did more with less.  It's common sense people.

S.P.A.M. Hog

Quote from: Bogarto on March 17, 2006, 02:12:35 pm
Our two main problems are no point gaurd and no outside shooting. We have a proven PG in Ervin coming in next year, and we've already signed a SG in Welsh, and hopefully Smith or Beverely as well. I think this team will be stronger next year.

Somebody forget about Weems????????
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

RazorCaddy

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on March 17, 2006, 02:09:02 pm
With Stan Heath as coach, I will doubt every minute of our season.  He's just not a good coach!  You could tell that Bucknell had a better coach because they did more with less.  It's common sense people.
Agreed, but he's not going to get fired no matter how many people on this board restate it so we might want to think of a more productive excuse.

SultanofSwine

I think we will be as talented as most any team in the country next year and we'll drag in with maybe enough wins to stay out of the NIT if we're lucky. Coaching or lack there of is the great equalizer.

Michaelt

Bucknell did more with less?

A team with experienced upper classmen
Undefeated in their conference
beat #1 seed in last years tourney, with same team
good discipline
good focus

What less are you talking about doing more with?
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

hogballs

Brewer is gone.  No doubts in my mind about it.  He'd be crazy to pass up guaranteed money in the NBA if he's going to be a lottery pick.  If Brewer leaves, we've just lost 60% of our scoring from this years team.  Who's going to replace those points?  Townes and Thomas are our top returning scores and neither of them average more than 10 a game. 

Our coach has no idea how to coach to our athletes strengths.  He insists on playing slow down, Big 10 basketball until the game starts to get away and then we finally throw a press on and get the game close.  We had a team that was built to run and press at every opportunity.  If they were unable to do that because of conditioning, that falls squarely on the coaches head. 

Dirk Piggler

If we dont at least finish 2nd in the West next year, Heath needs to go.

Josef

No we will suck   bye

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: ballhog24 on March 17, 2006, 02:16:10 pm

good discipline
good focus

TALENT BUDDY!  We have better players than they do, and its fans like you that make me sick.  Excuse makers.

Josef

If you cant see that we had more talent that bucknell you are as blind as heath. We have more talent - better athletisicim - better overall players. We just could not utilize our athleticisim BECASUE OF OUR COACH. We rarely pressured the ball and we were content in trying to run a sorry a** half court offense. Where everyone stands around looking at the guy with the ball.  Quit making excuses. We got out coached and beat by a team we should have beat!

jbhicks

Bucknell was a 14 seed last year and beat a #3 seed in Kansas. they were not a #1 seed

TuckFexas

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on March 17, 2006, 02:39:52 pm

good discipline
good focus

TALENT BUDDY!  We have better players than they do, and its fans like you that make me sick.  Excuse makers.

I agree we have better talent. But to make a comparison, so do the Yankees every year, and they haven't won since 2000. The Colts of this past season should have won it all and didn't. Talent will take you a long ways, but chemistry and experience can beat talent in any one game.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

hoggystyle78

Very bleak as long as Stan and the ass-clown we have for a FB coach have a hand in it.

Michaelt

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on March 17, 2006, 02:39:52 pm

good discipline
good focus

TALENT, should overcome bad coaching buddy. Better talent would have won that game, so that pretty much shoots your opinion down, no surprise there.

Wanna talk about sick? Fans, and I use that term lightly, who gripe and complain, who think they know everything that is wrong, who "think" they know what it takes to win, and do it all from the comfort of their computer and couch, sipping on beer and stale chips.

Interesting how you can say we have better players than they do, when the players couldn't hit baskets, missed free throws, made errant passes, etc. and so on.
Bad plays and bad preperation, yeah I throw that in the coaches lap. Missing easy baskets and free throws? That has little if nothing to do with the coach, that's all on the TALENT.

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

RazorCaddy

Quote from: Josef on March 17, 2006, 02:42:29 pm
If you cant see that we had more talent that bucknell you are as blind as heath. We have more talent - better athletisicim - better overall players. We just could not utilize our athleticisim BECASUE OF OUR COACH. We rarely pressured the ball and we were content in trying to run a sorry a** half court offense. Where everyone stands around looking at the guy with the ball.  Quit making excuses. We got out coached and beat by a team we should have beat!
Come on man, its time to get fired up about next years team, aren't you getting immune to this yet with basketball and football. Best thing to do is play along and then when we get let down say it again in order to pick yourself off the feaking concrete every year. Its going to get labeled as the HOG CRY before too long.

pigfoot

We badly need a real outside threat -- a gunner.  But our problems go much deeper than that.  We are fundamentally flawed.  We're an athletic streetball team, but we have no half-court offense, we have never been able to penetrate a good zone, and we can't shoot free throws.  And we learned today the hard way what a good defensive club can do to the streetballers.  All of this has to change nex year or it's the same ole same ole !.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

Razorback88

Quote from: No Name Yet, Stole Somebody Else's on March 17, 2006, 02:06:57 pm
Are we going to be any better next year? Do you think we will win the SEC West next year? Iam starting to have doubts about the future of this team.
We will be better simply because Ferguson and Jefferson are gone.  LSU will probably win the West again.  If Brewer stays, we will be very, very good next year.

sowmonella

Brewer will stay for his senior season. Only Modica will be missed. Weems should fill in nicely. Ervin will give us a true point guard and Hill and Thomas will get stronger and better. Townes could be an all SEC performer if properly motivated. I'm expecting an Sweet 16 at worst next season. We were still trying to win with Ferg and DJ this season and they are not SEC talent. The future is very bright. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003