Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Recruiting athletes and recruit a SHOOTER

Started by leggman131652002, March 17, 2006, 01:52:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: Tmac813 on March 17, 2006, 06:02:23 pm
The problem with Hill is his footwork in the post on offense.  He does not get the ball allot on offense, because he seems to panic when it's passed to him.  I think if he spent the summer working on his footwork, he could be a force.  At his size it's all about positioning.  That's why Big Nasty was so effective...

The guy has got amazing feet for a 7', but does need to go to a big man camp such as the pete newell camp and finish developing into a player that has an offensive game that matches his defensive presence
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

arkiehawg

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 17, 2006, 06:06:11 pm
Quote from: Tmac813 on March 17, 2006, 06:02:23 pm
The problem with Hill is his footwork in the post on offense.  He does not get the ball allot on offense, because he seems to panic when it's passed to him.  I think if he spent the summer working on his footwork, he could be a force.  At his size it's all about positioning.  That's why Big Nasty was so effective...

The guy has got amazing feet for a 7', but does need to go to a big man camp such as the pete newell camp and finish developing into a player that has an offensive game that matches his defensive presence

While I agree with you, I strongly believe that not all big men are "designed" to be all purpose....offense and defense.  Hill has continued to show dramatic improvement this year period.  Especially (obviously) with his defense.  He was a mamimal today.....One must not only look at his blocks, but also how many missed shots were altered because of him.....Wait until the next two years....I don't know about his Offense, but he will be dominant with his defense.....which in my opinion...is just as good as an inside "shooter" 8)

hogtheball

He is twice as good as last year.  he's also improved rebounding the last month or so. He used to worry too much about blocking out his man (even if he was 15 feet from the basket).  His timing just keeps getting better and better.  He's better than Andrew Lang at this point and Lang lasted 14 seasons in the NBA.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

arkiehawg

Quote from: hogtheball on March 17, 2006, 06:19:29 pm
He is twice as good as last year.  he's also improved rebounding the last month or so. He used to worry too much about blocking out his man (even if he was 15 feet from the basket).  His timing just keeps getting better and better.  He's better than Andrew Lang at this point and Lang lasted 14 seasons in the NBA.

I don't know if I would go that far yet.....but he has the potential....I believe that his stock went up alot today on natl. tele.....I would luv to see the boy from Branson make big bucks some day.... 8)

HOGLIGULA

I would like for him to reach his full potential whatever it is, but I think he has to look outside our coaching staff for someone to give him the skills necessary to become better on both ends of the floor
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

hogtheball

Lang only averaged 7 pts. and 5 rebounds during his career at Arkansas - at almost 30 minutes per game.  I can see Hill doing that and with a lot more blocks.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

arkiehawg

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 17, 2006, 06:23:03 pm
I would like for him to reach his full potential whatever it is, but I think he has to look outside our coaching staff for someone to give him the skills necessary to become better on both ends of the floor

Unusual for me to agree with you, but I do on this one.....He needs to spend the summer with Hastings and Kleine...boy wouldn't that be great video? 8)

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: arkiehawg on March 17, 2006, 06:26:09 pm
Quote from: coolhandluke31 on March 17, 2006, 06:23:03 pm

Unusual for me to agree with you, but I do on this one.....He needs to spend the summer with Hastings and Kleine...boy wouldn't that be great video? 8)

When you have an active 7' like HILL you do everything possible to make him better guys with his ability don't come around that often and HEATH should be the first to get HILL some help in achieving this

Tmac813

I didn't say that it right on my previous post.  He has great agility for a 7 footer, but when I say footwork on the offensive end, he never has his feet set up at a good angle for a decent shot.  If he learns that he is on his way to the NBA, but the only thing I don't like about him is he sort of reminds me of Christian Lattener in a twisted kind of way...]

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: Tmac813 on March 17, 2006, 06:32:45 pm

I didn't say that it right on my previous post.  He has great agility for a 7 footer, but when I say footwork on the offensive end, he never has his feet set up at a good angle for a decent shot.  If he learns that he is on his way to the NBA, but the only thing I don't like about him is he sort of reminds me of Christian Lattener in a twisted kind of way...]

the lattener thing is kinda of strange, must be the hair, but if could get that good on the offensive end WOW!!

hogtheball

Laetner had long hair and wore a headband when he played for the Timberwolves.  the resemblance is a little scary.  Wish he could shoot like laetner.

big boes

shooters would be nice, but give me a true point guard first.  there was a reason pat bradley got open looks - kareem reid.  guys like bradley can't create there own shots.  they need lots of screens and a point guard who can dictate tempo and deliver the ball.  modica was an average shooter and too streaky, but he would have been better with a drive-and-kick point guard.  in my opinion, that's been the missing element in hog basketball for the last 5 years.

and please save the mccurdy comments.  to me, he looked like he was in over his head every time he took the floor.  an occassional nifty pass never made up for erradic shooting, out-of-control decisions, and weak defense.  he may mature into a solid point guard.  but he certainly wouldn't have made an impact this year.

Soooie21

a 5 11 white more than likely can't dunk. so he has to shot...

imahoggie

didnt we have a " coach's kid " knock down a few shots against us today?? maybe we should find some of those. they can shoot and know the game.
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.