Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Respect

Started by mj4president, March 12, 2006, 07:22:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

That seth guy on CBS thought the Hogs would get beat by Bucknell. He is dead wrong, the Hogs will go to the elite 8. Buckell will get some southern hospitality with a nice butt kickin.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

CiriusPorker

i worked a bracket through yahoo earlier, and I came to the same conclusion..we go to the elite 8...

Hollywood_HOGan

geez if we go to the sweet 16 we have to play a much better KU team to get there.

Right now I just want to beat Bucknell.

They're pretty dangerous.

RBLtoHOG

Same here.... i just cant see us losin til we get to the Elite 8 (I have zaga beatin us)
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on March 12, 2006, 07:33:08 pm
Same here.... i just cant see us losin til we get to the Elite 8 (I have zaga beatin us)

I have us beating the Zags to go to the Final Four.  Sure it's a stretch, but who cares!!  I'm just glad we're finally back in the Dance!!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

CiriusPorker

it feels so good talkingabout how far we will go, rather than IF we will go..

Hog1751

I have us beating Bucknell, Memphis, Pittsburg and UCLA to get to the Final Four where Im sorry to say I think we lose to Puke, but I'll be proud of this team regardless.

NaturalStateReb

I think Arkansas got a tough draw.  I've got them at one and done against Memphis.  Had Arkansas pulled a 7 seed, I think they would have a better shot at making a run.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Lokirain

Who cares what some commentator thinks. We know what will happen to *ucknell. And they don't win games anywhere else but on the court.

johnny cash

we first have to beat Bucknell they can be tough.  Memphis is overrated in my opinion.

CiriusPorker

.....were we ever really expecting to be respected in this tournament?

Ross U (HDHF)

Well for those of you not watching ESPN (I can't say I blame you), Dookie V said he likes us to (assuming we beat Bucknell) get past Memphis to go to the Sweet 16...Digger Phelps had us as a sleeper ELITE 8 team.  We're getting some respect from a select few.

RBLtoHOG

In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hog1751 on March 12, 2006, 07:42:40 pm
I have us beating Bucknell, Memphis, Pittsburg and UCLA to get to the Final Four where Im sorry to say I think we lose to Puke, but I'll be proud of this team regardless.

Wow. What a call! So realistic...a Hog fan thinking the 8th seeded Hogs will make it to the FF on their first trip to the NCAAT in half a decade. Moron.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: Tomcat on March 12, 2006, 08:20:14 pm
Buck *ucknell.  Oh, I guess it doesn't work with this team name, does it?  :o

I was thinking the same thing, lol.  I'll just settle for SUCKnell.

Pignominious

Let's be more realistic folks.  Quite frankly a win over Bucknell and a good showing against UM would make me satisfied.  The sweet 16 would make me eccstatic.  We would be hardpressed to beat KU again.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

sportscrazy

Whether we make it to the next round, sweet 16 or elite 8 I like our draw.  Playing in Dallas will be like a home game for us but if we go out to Oakland we will be lucky to win one game.  Even if we were to beat Pittsburgh or Kansas I do not think we could be UCLA.  Zags will be lucky to get to sweet 16.  UCLA is one of the best teams in the country and I think they are going to the Final 4.  They are better than people think.  I think they are going to surprise a lot of people.

Hog1751

March 12, 2006, 09:31:49 pm #18 Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:36:58 pm by Hog1751
Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 12, 2006, 08:26:04 pm

Wow. What a call! So realistic...a Hog fan thinking the 8th seeded Hogs will make it to the FF on their first trip to the NCAAT in half a decade. Moron.

I fixed it for ya.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Hog1751 on March 12, 2006, 09:31:49 pm

Dude your a friggin D*ck, can you decipher that or do I need to spell it out. I can think what I want too think am I wrong probably so but its been four years since I could look at a bracket and see Arkansas there, so Im gonna have some fun with it. What the hell makes you think that you have the right to call me a moron, you better be glad were on a message board and I dont know you personally because you just overstepped a major boundary with me, Im a lot of things, a jerk, insensitive, an a-hole, but I am definetly no moron, in the bracket I filled out for money I have the Hogs losing to Kansas in the Sweet 16, the one I did for fun I took us to the F4 with a loss to Duke. Dont ever again call me a moron without good reason.

don't let yourself get sucked in

just a suggestion

afhogfan1980

texas fan nuff said now whos a moron lol
"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

Hog1751

just a suggestion
[/quote]

Appreciated really, I just have a tick about being called a moron, dont ask me why because I couldnt tell you he could have called me anything else in the book, but that I wont tolarate.

HognotinMemphis

Dude your a friggin D*ck, can you decipher that or do I need to spell it out. I can think what I want too think am I wrong probably so but its been four years since I could look at a bracket and see Arkansas there, so Im gonna have some fun with it. What the hell makes you think that you have the right to call me a moron, you better be glad were on a message board and I dont know you personally because you just overstepped a major boundary with me, Im a lot of things, a jerk, insensitive, an a-hole, but I am definetly no moron, in the bracket I filled out for money I have the Hogs losing to Kansas in the Sweet 16, the one I did for fun I took us to the F4 with a loss to Duke. Dont ever again call me a moron without good reason.

First of all, learn punctuation and make it your friend, dip.s.hit. If you are a jerk, a-hole and insensitive, you are also a moron. Live with that.

Moron.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hog1751 on March 12, 2006, 09:45:53 pm

just a suggestion

Appreciated really, I just have a tick about being called a moron, dont ask me why because I couldnt tell you he could have called me anything else in the book, but that I wont tolarate.

Wow! What are the odds that I hit on the one name you don't like to be called? I have a great knack for that. Welcome to my world, you creepy moron.

Hog1751

Whut does Ise nkeed punktuatcion foree Ima jsuta moroon friom arkansaw, I aints gots no smaurts, Mes justa a simple ole Arkie.

musiccityhog

Clark Kellog had Arkansas as his sleeper as well.
Your name? Fletch F. Fletch
Your Address? Seven
Your occupation? I'm a Shepherd

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 12, 2006, 09:54:54 pm

First of all, learn punctuation and make it your friend, dip.s.hit. If you are a jerk, a-hole and insensitive, you are also a moron. Live with that.

Moron.

If all else fails, hit the spellcheck.  HiM claims another victim.  IGNORE HiM.  Ha, Ha, I made a pun.

Hog1751

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 12, 2006, 09:56:24 pm

just a suggestion

Wow! What are the odds that I hit on the one name you don't like to be called? I have a great knack for that. Welcome to my world, you creepy moron.

Now your just making an arse outta yourself, keep it coming big boy, your really intimidating.

HogInaStrangeLand

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 12, 2006, 09:56:24 pm

just a suggestion

Hey cat, who'd we beat in Dallas to go to the 1990 Final Four...hmmm...let me see...who could it be...pondering, pondering....how about you help me out with this one...give ya one guess.

OklaU

Quote from: mj4president on March 12, 2006, 07:22:22 pm
That seth guy on CBS thought the Hogs would get beat by Bucknell. He is dead wrong, the Hogs will go to the elite 8. Buckell will get some southern hospitality with a nice butt kickin.

Hogs lose in Round 2, that's my pick.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

Hog1751

I think we lose to KU in the Sweet 16, there a much better team now then they were in November.

HawgWyld

Quote from: CiriusPorker on March 12, 2006, 07:57:43 pm
.....were we ever really expecting to be respected in this tournament?

After the past few years? No.

Still, Arkansas should mop up the court with that Bucket team, and they Hogs ought to give Memphis fits, too.

OklaU

Hawg, He Hate Me......geez I forgot all about the crappy XFL. I am so glad it is gone.  I knew one person who enjoyed it.

HawgWyld

March 12, 2006, 11:49:27 pm #33 Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:53:02 pm by HawgWyld
Quote from: OklaU on March 12, 2006, 11:45:21 pm
Hawg, He Hate Me......geez I forgot all about the crappy XFL. I am so glad it is gone.  I knew one person who enjoyed it.

Now, "He Hate Me" *was* the XFL. That whole league was a laugh riot -- bad football, but the fact players could put anything they wanted on their uniforms was funny as hell.

Remember Chrys Chukwuma calling himself "Chuckwagon?" Funny stuff right there.

Honestly, I was hoping the XFL would turn into something good because the NBA sucks so much. Oh, well.

By the way, for a trip down memory lane, check out this article --> http://www.slate.com/id/100223

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Hogphoria abounds.  I hope I am wrong, but unfortunately I won't be.  No way we make it out of Dallas.

I said this on another thread:
Heath has done a good job at the end, but the PG situation is a mess.  We will only be as good as our PG play in the tournament, and if Ferguson is still Heath's guy we will win ONE game, no more.  Brewer at point is better, but it takes him out of position and away from his scoring.  Since Stan seems to have no confidence in McCurdy, even when he is doing everything right, and continues to put the ball in the hands of Ferguson we will not beat Memphis.  No way.

Come back down to earth people.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hog1751

I sercretly hoped for the XFL to suceed, I was living in Bama at the time so B-Ham was my team.

OklaU

Quote from: HawgWyld on March 12, 2006, 11:49:27 pm

Now, "He Hate Me" *was* the XFL. That whole league was a laugh riot -- bad football, but the fact players could put anything they wanted on their uniforms was funny as hell.

Honestly, I was hoping the XFL would turn into something good because the NBA sucks so much. Oh, well.

Oh yes, I remember very well Chuck Wagon.  I felt bad for him, he had a nice career at Arkansas sandwhiched between M. Hill and C Cobbs.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Hog1751 on March 12, 2006, 11:52:10 pm
I sercretly hoped for the XFL to suceed...

Not many people will admit that these days! I, on the other hand, am foolish enough to admit I openly hoped the XFL would have succeeded.

In fact, I still have some unopened XFL cards around here somewhere. Oh, what was I thinking? I drank a lot in those days...

Quote from: HawgWyld on March 12, 2006, 11:54:31 pm

Not many people will admit that these days! I, on the other hand, am foolish enough to admit I openly hoped the XFL would have succeeded.

In fact, I still have some unopened XFL cards around here somewhere. Oh, what was I thinking? I drank a lot in those days...
I was hoping it would do well and I watched it religiously at first.

They had some great ideas.  I loved the way they put the ball in the middle of the field and had that race for it (instead of a damn coin toss)and I loved that they could hit the wide receivers at any point.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

HawgWyld

Quote from: OklaU on March 12, 2006, 11:53:29 pm
Quote from: HawgWyld on March 12, 2006, 11:49:27 pm

That's got to be a step down, doesn't it? Going from a team playing in the SEC to ... the XFL. Kind of like going from being a wrestler from Iowa or Iowa State to a character on par with Skandar Akbar (remember him?) in one of those "pro" wrestling leagues.

Oh yes, I remember very well Chuck Wagon.  I felt bad for him, he had a nice career at Arkansas sandwhiched between M. Hill and C Cobbs.

That's got to be a step down, doesn't it? Going from a team playing in the SEC to ... the XFL. Kind of like going from being a wrestler from Iowa or Iowa State to a character on par with Skandar Akbar (remember him?) in one of those "pro" wrestling leagues.

HawgWyld

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 12, 2006, 11:57:30 pm

I was hoping it would do well and I watched it religiously at first.

They had some great ideas.  I loved the way they put the ball in the middle of the field and had that race for it (instead of a damn coin toss)and I loved that they could hit the wide receivers at any point.

I used to watch it with my brother-in-law. We'd open up a case of Budweiser and go nuts. We thought the XFL was a hoot and we were actually kind of disappointed when they pulled it.

OklaU

Skandar Akbar, I loved it when Terry Taylor, Dr. Death Steve Williams or someone from the old UWF would smack him one right in the kisser.

Hog1751

me too...

HawgWyld

Quote from: OklaU on March 13, 2006, 12:01:06 am
Skandar Akbar, I loved it when Terry Taylor, Dr. Death Steve Williams or someone from the old UWF would smack him one right in the kisser.

I think Skandar Akbar went on to open a terrorist cell in Memphis, didn't he? ;)

Curse you, Skandar!

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 12, 2006, 11:50:48 pm
Hogphoria abounds.  I hope I am wrong, but unfortunately I won't be.  No way we make it out of Dallas.

Heath has done a good job at the end, but the PG situation is a mess.  We will only be as good as our PG play in the tournament, and if Ferguson is still Heath's guy we will win ONE game, no more.  Brewer at point is better, but it takes him out of position and away from his scoring.  Since Stan seems to have no confidence in McCurdy, even when he is doing everything right, and continues to put the ball in the hands of Ferguson we will not beat Memphis.  No way.

BUMP! >:(

:puke:

Quote from: hogapalooza on March 17, 2006, 09:35:23 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 17, 2006, 09:07:09 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 12, 2006, 11:50:48 pm

BUMP! >:(

:puke:
JUST

FIRE HDN!

;)

SMITE THIS!
I guess even I was too optimistic.

FIRE EVERYBODY